PDA

View Full Version : question concerning artificial eels from shore

Fantom
December 10th, 2006, 12:17 AM
if using an artificial eel, how long would you make the trace if casting
from shore/pier using a spinning rod/reel?

I was going to attach a 1/2 ounce bullet to the main line.

TIA

Martyn
December 10th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Have a look at www.wordlseafishing.com - loads of info there - but I
normally use a 2' - 3' snood

--

Martyn
"Fantom" > wrote in message
> if using an artificial eel, how long would you make the trace if casting
> from shore/pier using a spinning rod/reel?
>
> I was going to attach a 1/2 ounce bullet to the main line.
>
> TIA

Derek Moody
December 11th, 2006, 10:38 PM
In article >, Fantom
> wrote:
> if using an artificial eel, how long would you make the trace if casting
> from shore/pier using a spinning rod/reel?
>
> I was going to attach a 1/2 ounce bullet to the main line.

If it's small enough to cast with a 1/2 oz then it's small enough to cast on
a fly rod with no weight.

Larger ones can be cast with as much trail as you can manage but don't use a
bullet directly on the line, attach a three way swivel and put the weight on
an inch or two of dropper - this more or less completely eliminates twist
and improves presentation.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/