PDA

View Full Version : News.CIS.DFN.DE

Guyz-N-Flyz
September 20th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Won't allow me to munge and post. lAnyone know away around this?

Op

Ken Fortenberry
September 20th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Guyz-N-Flyz wrote:

> Won't allow me to munge and post. lAnyone know away around this?

I don't think there is a workaround, Op. Mike Connor used to
bitch about this "feature".

--
Ken Fortenberry

Frank Church
September 20th, 2003, 01:09 PM
"Guyz-N-Flyz" > wrote in
:

> Won't allow me to munge and post. lAnyone know away around this?
>
> Op

I don't think so Op, I tried that myownself and they nixed it. Somewhere in
their rules they state you must use a valid email addy to post.

--
Frank Church
tailing_loops AT yahoo.com

}<((((o> ~~~ }<((((o> ~~~ }<((((o> ~~~ }<(((o>

Stan Gula
September 20th, 2003, 01:36 PM
"Guyz-N-Flyz" > wrote in message
> Won't allow me to munge and post. lAnyone know away around this?
>
> Op

That's one of the ones that I mentioned. There's no way around it. I would
set up a throw-away yahoo or hotmail account and never use it for anything
because it will just be filled with spam. Put a real email address spelled
out in your sig so people can reach you.

Like this:

(send mail to opie at bellsouth dot net)

Charlie Choc
September 20th, 2003, 01:50 PM
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 07:55:57 -0400, "Guyz-N-Flyz"
> wrote:

>Won't allow me to munge and post. lAnyone know away around this?

Just get a free Yahoo or Hotmail account to use and put your real
munged email addr in your sig line.
--
Charlie...

JR
September 20th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Guyz-N-Flyz wrote:

> Won't allow me to munge and post. lAnyone know away around this?

Nope. I use the same server, and there's no way.

Do this, Op: use a valid unmunged Hotmail account as your email address
with News.CIS.DFN.DE, then under the Hotmail options, turn the junk mail
filter level to "Exclusive" and mark "delete junk mail immediately". I
have tried over the past two days turning the automatic deletion thing
on and off. With it off, the Swem spawn show up in my junk mail folder
and I have to delete them manually; with it on, I don't see the little
*******s at all.

It makes the Hotmail account inaccessible, however, to anyone not on a
predefined "safe list". If you like, you can put a munged normal email
address in your signature line.

JR

Guyz-N-Flyz
September 20th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Op

Warren
September 21st, 2003, 07:39 AM
wrote...
> "Guyz-N-Flyz" > wrote in
> :
>
> > Won't allow me to munge and post. lAnyone know away around this?
> >
> > Op
> >

> I don't think so Op, I tried that myownself and they nixed it. Somewhere in
> their rules they state you must use a valid email addy to post.

Actually, you are allowed to munge your addy but you must use
to do it.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Warren
September 21st, 2003, 07:53 AM
wrote...
> Actually, you are allowed to munge your addy but you must use
> to do it.

For more info, check out:
http://news.individual.net/rules.html

Scroll down to section 5.3 of the FAQ at for info on the
solution:
http://news.individual.net/faq.html
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Scott Seidman
September 22nd, 2003, 01:13 PM
Ken Fortenberry > wrote in
.com:

> Guyz-N-Flyz wrote:
>
>> Won't allow me to munge and post. lAnyone know away around this?
>
> I don't think there is a workaround, Op. Mike Connor used to
> bitch about this "feature".

Used to have a problem, but the latest versions of xnews have a "real"
addy, and a "published" addy. haven't had any problems since upgrading

Scott