PDA

View Full Version : FFF Fly Fishing Show at Seaside

John Lindsey
September 20th, 2003, 04:26 PM
At this new show being held the first time at Seaside Oregon September
26 -28, you'll find lots of fishing equipment and fly tying to see and
stuff to buy. If you are in the neighborhood, stop by and buy something and
help these guys - it's a good cause.

Among the many things, they will be raffling off are two pairs of my new
experimental Tarantula popping bugs. These Big bass bugs are identical
except one has a new, pliable coating and I'm asking the successful bidders
to test them out and report back if the new coating works better than the
old traditional coating. Big bass take a terrible toll on cork popping bugs
making them crack, split and peel. Hopefully this new coating which is
tougher than lacquer, enamel or traditional paint will be a better product
for us to use.

Will be tying Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Stop by and say hi.

Good luck!
John

BTW These Tarantula flies are made from wine corks.
--
For email reply, lose FLYROD.

Bill Kiene
September 20th, 2003, 06:19 PM
John,

Do you know some commando fly fishermen, Craig Ziegler and Mike McCune, who
live in Seaside, Oregon?

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"John Lindsey" > wrote in message

> At this new show being held the first time at Seaside Oregon September
> 26 -28, you'll find lots of fishing equipment and fly tying to see and
> stuff to buy. If you are in the neighborhood, stop by and buy something
and
> help these guys - it's a good cause.
>
> Among the many things, they will be raffling off are two pairs of my new
> experimental Tarantula popping bugs. These Big bass bugs are identical
> except one has a new, pliable coating and I'm asking the successful
bidders
> to test them out and report back if the new coating works better than the
> old traditional coating. Big bass take a terrible toll on cork popping
bugs
> making them crack, split and peel. Hopefully this new coating which is
> tougher than lacquer, enamel or traditional paint will be a better
product
> for us to use.
>
> Will be tying Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Stop by and say hi.
>
> Good luck!
> John
>
> BTW These Tarantula flies are made from wine corks.
> --
> For email reply, lose FLYROD.

John Lindsey
September 20th, 2003, 08:46 PM
No sorry. BTW What is a commando fly fisherman? Is that like combat
fishing on the Kenai? LOL

Good luck!
John
"Bill Kiene" > wrote in message
> John,
>
> Do you know some commando fly fishermen, Craig Ziegler and Mike McCune,
who
> live in Seaside, Oregon?
>
> --
> Bill Kiene
>
> Kiene's Fly Shop
> Sacramento, CA
> www.kiene.com
>
> "John Lindsey" > wrote in message
>
> > At this new show being held the first time at Seaside Oregon September
> > 26 -28, you'll find lots of fishing equipment and fly tying to see and
> > stuff to buy. If you are in the neighborhood, stop by and buy something
> and
> > help these guys - it's a good cause.
> >
> > Among the many things, they will be raffling off are two pairs of my new
> > experimental Tarantula popping bugs. These Big bass bugs are identical
> > except one has a new, pliable coating and I'm asking the successful
> bidders
> > to test them out and report back if the new coating works better than
the
> > old traditional coating. Big bass take a terrible toll on cork popping
> bugs
> > making them crack, split and peel. Hopefully this new coating which is
> > tougher than lacquer, enamel or traditional paint will be a better
> product
> > for us to use.
> >
> > Will be tying Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Stop by and say hi.
> >
> > Good luck!
> > John
> >
> > BTW These Tarantula flies are made from wine corks.
> > --
> > For email reply, lose FLYROD.

Willi
September 20th, 2003, 09:43 PM
John Lindsey wrote:
> No sorry. BTW What is a commando fly fisherman? Is that like combat
> fishing on the Kenai? LOL

I've seen pictures of those crowds. The pics I saw make our most over
crowded waters in the lower 48 seem devoid of people.

I posted a picture I had on ABPF.

Willi

Bill Kiene
September 21st, 2003, 09:37 AM
John,

It is a person who really is serious about fly fishing and doesn't do much
else. It is a compliment to one devotion to the sport.