PDA

View Full Version : Bighorn Trip

Willi
September 20th, 2003, 09:42 PM
I got some photos from Steve and Bob and put up a trip report on my website:

http://www.crystalglen.net/Fishing/Bighorn.htm

Lots of photos. I compressed them down but it will still be a slow load
for you people using dialup.

Willi

Danl
September 20th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Great pix and report, Willi. Damn that looks like fun.

I really don't want to know how Warren got the oar UP his ass, but I do hope
that eventually he got it out. Then again, he sure seems happy about
something.....

Danl

"Willi" > wrote in message
> I got some photos from Steve and Bob and put up a trip report on my
website:

> http://www.crystalglen.net/Fishing/Bighorn.htm
>
> Lots of photos. I compressed them down but it will still be a slow load
> for you people using dialup.
>
> Willi

Bill Mason
September 20th, 2003, 10:20 PM
"Willi" > wrote in message
> I got some photos from Steve and Bob and put up a trip report on my
website:

As always, an excellent TR and photos...thanks!

Cheers
Bill

slenon
September 20th, 2003, 10:27 PM
Great report. Makes me miss the mountains more than a little.

----
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar
Save a cow, eat a PETA

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

Stephen Welsh
September 20th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Willi > wrote in
:

> I got some photos from Steve and Bob and put up a trip report on
> my website:
>
> http://www.crystalglen.net/Fishing/Bighorn.htm

Great stuff Willi!

Steve

rw
September 20th, 2003, 11:13 PM
Willi wrote:
> I got some photos from Steve and Bob and put up a trip report on my website:
>
> http://www.crystalglen.net/Fishing/Bighorn.htm
>
> Lots of photos. I compressed them down but it will still be a slow load
> for you people using dialup.
>
> Willi

This was truly an excellent trip. The weather sucked 80% of the time,
with gale-force winds, but that other 20% was glorious.

It really frosts my ass when that dip**** Fortenberry says Willi is too
impatient or clumsy to be a good dry-fly fisherman. Willi is, hands
down, by far the best angler I've ever seen on rising fish. It's
freaking unbelieveable. (I've fished with Ken.)

Larry L
September 20th, 2003, 11:40 PM
wonderful report .... the Bighorn is one place I've never been, but always
wanted to go ...maybe next year

oh, on my 24.6 dialup ... it only takes a little longer to d/load the page
than drive to Montana <g> but it's worth it

daytripper
September 21st, 2003, 01:42 AM
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:42:54 -0600, Willi > wrote:

>I got some photos from Steve and Bob and put up a trip report on my website:
>
>http://www.crystalglen.net/Fishing/Bighorn.htm
>
>Lots of photos. I compressed them down but it will still be a slow load
>for you people using dialup.

Nice collection of pics, willi. Thanks for putting them up where we could see
'em...

/daytripper (those spawning pinks are freaky looking...)

Tim J.
September 21st, 2003, 02:40 AM
"Willi" wrote...
> I got some photos from Steve and Bob and put up a trip report on my website:

Very cool, Willi. Thanks.
--
TL,
Tim

Clark Reid
September 21st, 2003, 03:12 AM
"rw" <wrote:

> It really frosts my ass when that dip**** Fortenberry says Willi is too
> impatient or clumsy to be a good dry-fly fisherman. Willi is, hands
> down, by far the best angler I've ever seen on rising fish. It's
> freaking unbelieveable. (I've fished with Ken.)

I've detected in Ken previously insecurities which manafest as jealousy a
lot. It is obvious through this forum, some 8000 miles away that Willi is a
exceptional and respected angler. I have seen nothing from Ken to indicate
anything similar.

Willi also gives one hell of a trip report!
--
Clark Reid
http://www.dryflynz.com

Marshall Krasser
September 21st, 2003, 04:36 AM
Excellent TR and Photos. Big question . . . Did Warren return the
fly to you from the trout that broke you off?

Damn, I wish I could have made it!

-M

--
NOTE: Please remove "MY_WADERS" from my return Email address
if you wish to reply directly. Thanks, M

September 21st, 2003, 05:26 AM
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:42:54 -0600, Willi > wrote:

>I got some photos from Steve and Bob and put up a trip report on my website:
>
>http://www.crystalglen.net/Fishing/Bighorn.htm
>
>Lots of photos. I compressed them down but it will still be a slow load
>for you people using dialup.
>
>Willi

Lovely pics. I particularly liked the first one and the one of you
guys and the boat at sunset. Evocative.
--

rbc:vixen,Minnow Goddess,Willow Watcher,and all that sort of thing.
Often taunted by trout.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli

Dave Jackson
September 22nd, 2003, 05:13 PM
In article >,
Willi > wrote:

> I got some photos from Steve and Bob and put up a trip report on my website:
>
> http://www.crystalglen.net/Fishing/Bighorn.htm
>
> Lots of photos. I compressed them down but it will still be a slow load
> for you people using dialup.
>
> Willi

Excellent photos there bud!

Thanks for sharing.

Dave in Minnesota

Willi
September 22nd, 2003, 07:59 PM
Larry L wrote:
> wonderful report .... the Bighorn is one place I've never been, but always
> wanted to go ...maybe next year
>
> oh, on my 24.6 dialup ... it only takes a little longer to d/load the page
> than drive to Montana <g> but it's worth it

I'd be up for a trip there again next Sept. The caddis hatch was a kick!

Willi

Willi
September 24th, 2003, 04:35 AM
daytripper wrote:
>..
>
> /daytripper (those spawning pinks are freaky looking...)

I thought Steve's pink looked like a stuffed fish with the erect fins
and the position of the mouth.

Willi