PDA

View Full Version : Fishin' is poor

Phil Rhodes
November 7th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Here in Washington, today, the fishing is downright bad! This is the Satsop.

Phil Rhodes
November 7th, 2006, 09:44 PM
The parking lot just west of the Satsop river.

"Phil Rhodes" > wrote in message
. ..
> Here in Washington, today, the fishing is downright bad! This is the
> Satsop.

Phil Rhodes
November 7th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Hay fields between Satsop and Elma. Note the WPPS towers. There are
Trumpeter Swans on this field, as they don't seem to mind the wet.

"Phil Rhodes" > wrote in message
. ..
> Here in Washington, today, the fishing is downright bad! This is the
> Satsop.

Phil Rhodes
November 7th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Just west of those hay fields is a US Fish and Wildlife area (called
Chehalis Area), and it's wet, too, but that's almost normal (for Jan or
Feb!).

"Phil Rhodes" > wrote in message
. ..
> Here in Washington, today, the fishing is downright bad! This is the
> Satsop.

Chuck Schacher
November 7th, 2006, 10:50 PM
glad I live in Oceanside. Today is Sunny and 80, but the fishing is not
great right now.
"Phil Rhodes" > wrote in message
. ..
> Here in Washington, today, the fishing is downright bad! This is the
> Satsop.

Phil Rhodes
November 8th, 2006, 06:28 PM
The Snoqualmie.

"Phil Rhodes" > wrote in message
. ..
> Here in Washington, today, the fishing is downright bad! This is the
> Satsop.

Phil Rhodes
November 8th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Snoqualmie River - so sad, a lot of salmon have just spawned, and lots more
were trying to!

"Phil Rhodes" > wrote in message
. ..
> Here in Washington, today, the fishing is downright bad! This is the
> Satsop.

Impetus
November 9th, 2006, 03:40 PM
with those two cones in the background....

I hope you practice -- catch and release!

3 eyed fish is not very tasty

"Phil Rhodes" > wrote in message
. ..
> Hay fields between Satsop and Elma. Note the WPPS towers. There are
> Trumpeter Swans on this field, as they don't seem to mind the wet.
>

> "Phil Rhodes" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Here in Washington, today, the fishing is downright bad! This is the
>> Satsop.

Phil Rhodes
November 9th, 2006, 05:56 PM
WPPSS stands for Washington Public Power Supply System, and they went belly
up about 25+ years ago before finishing the atomic power plants. It cost the
state millions of dollars, but..... Currently, there is a business park up
there, with office space for rent/lease, and a nice little airport close by
in Elma.

t...