PDA

View Full Version : I'm outa .....

Dave LaCourse
September 20th, 2003, 11:09 PM
...... this effin nut house for a week on the Rapid River.

Play nice. Give no quarter. Take no prisoners.

Frank Reid
September 20th, 2003, 11:21 PM
> ..... this effin nut house for a week on the Rapid River.
>
> Play nice. Give no quarter. Take no prisoners.

Stay outta the aquarium, it'll drive you nuts. Have fun my friend.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

rw
September 21st, 2003, 12:16 AM
Dave LaCourse wrote:
> ..... this effin nut house for a week on the Rapid River.
>
> Play nice. Give no quarter. Take no prisoners.

Get some big ones, Dave.

slenon
September 21st, 2003, 12:33 AM
Enjoy the fishing!

----
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar
Save a cow, eat a PETA

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

Peter Charles
September 21st, 2003, 01:17 AM
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 23:33:18 GMT, "slenon" >
wrote:

>Enjoy the fishing!
>
>----
and don't fall in . . . <G>

have a good one

Peter

daytripper
September 21st, 2003, 01:44 AM
On 20 Sep 2003 22:09:01 GMT, (Dave LaCourse) wrote:

>..... this effin nut house for a week on the Rapid River.
>
>Play nice. Give no quarter. Take no prisoners.

You best score early, Swifty, 'cuz Paul, John, Dave and I will kick your ass
all over the river starting Wednesday...

/daytripper (hth ;-)

Warren
September 21st, 2003, 08:00 AM
wrote...
> Dave LaCourse wrote:
> > ..... this effin nut house for a week on the Rapid River.
> >
> > Play nice. Give no quarter. Take no prisoners.
>
> Get some big ones, Dave.

He will. He uses fluorocarbon..... <BSEG>

--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Dave LaCourse
September 28th, 2003, 03:26 PM
DT writes:

>You best score early, Swifty, 'cuz Paul, John, Dave and I will kick your ass
>all over the river starting Wednesday...

Uh, ya shoulda e-mailed me. I didn't read this until I got back. Fishing was
very good - big brookies and enormous salmon, including one 22 incher (shade
over 3 lbs) as measured by the fisheries guy doing a study on the river with
Harry the dam keeper. I only fished the mornings, except for the rainy day
(Tuesday). I took naps after lunch and a couple of days I went to the dam
around 4 or so. It fished well. Did well at 2nd current and Hartford's
current, but never got down to Lower Dam.

Bass in the river? That is not the biggest worry. Union Power is thinking of
putting in 9 - 12 condos -- three on Rifle Point, and as many as 9 along the
Carry Road. They will use six acres of land abutting the river and will have
electricity 24/7 and septic systems and drive in privileges. There goes the
neighborhood. It would probably mean the end of Lakewood. This is the 150th
anniversary of a sportsmens camp at the Lakewood site. I sure would hate to
see it go belly-up.

I was standing on the 3rd runway at the dam on Thursday afternoon about 4. I
wasn't fishing - just out for a bike ride with Jo and Henry. Someone
down-river on the south side, just above Harbeck Pool, yelled and waved at me.
It must have been one of youse guys.

There was a young man in camp who tried to cross from the Wing Dam to
Hartford's. It's an easy wade at 500 cfs, but he slipped and did a half-Reid
before turning back. I related the Full Reid Award given at Penns each year.
His wife started to laugh. Turns out the young fellow's name is Chip Reid.
Must be genetic.

Kennebec next month.
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Frank Reid
September 28th, 2003, 04:14 PM
> Fishing was
> very good -

Damn, I shoulda gone up there. I could have put down every fish in the river
by just showing up. Glad it went well.

> There was a young man in camp who tried to cross from the Wing Dam to
> Hartford's. It's an easy wade at 500 cfs, but he slipped and did a
half-Reid
> before turning back. I related the Full Reid Award given at Penns each
year.
> His wife started to laugh. Turns out the young fellow's name is Chip
Reid.
> Must be genetic.

Thats what my daughter is afraid of.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Flyfish
September 28th, 2003, 06:21 PM
(Dave LaCourse) wrote in
:

> I was standing on the 3rd runway at the dam on Thursday afternoon
> about 4. I wasn't fishing - just out for a bike ride with Jo and
> Henry. Someone down-river on the south side, just above Harbeck Pool,
> yelled and waved at me. It must have been one of youse guys.

Twas me Louie, Paul was next to me fishing. If you hadn't been indulging
yourself and napping all afternoon we might have actually met up. I expect
some trip reports to filter in over the next day or so from Tripper and
Paul as well as myself.

Flyfish