PDA

View Full Version : Small Fall Brown

Peter A. Collin
November 16th, 2006, 02:52 PM

Tim J.
November 16th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Peter A. Collin > typed:

Did you use your macro lens? ;-) Nice fish, Peter.
--
TL,
Tim

jeff
November 17th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Peter A. Collin wrote:

damn...that might be a woman's definition of small, but my trout are
really, really miniscule in comparison. excellent specimen and whale of
a trout. <g>

jeff

jeffc
November 17th, 2006, 03:58 AM
Beauty. The trout doesn't look small, but the rod looks a little big :-)

Peter A. Collin
November 17th, 2006, 08:06 PM
jeff wrote:
> Peter A. Collin wrote:

> damn...that might be a woman's definition of small, but my trout are
> really, really miniscule in comparison. excellent specimen and whale of
> a trout. <g>
>
> jeff
In the context of Lake Ontario trout, it is a tiny one. It weighed 2.5
to 3 pounds. They used to average 6 to 8 pounds.

Pete

Ken Fortenberry
November 17th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Peter A. Collin wrote:

> In the context of Lake Ontario trout, it is a tiny one. It weighed 2.5
> to 3 pounds. They used to average 6 to 8 pounds.

I noticed the hooked jaw, did you catch him in Lake Ontario
or in a tributary on his way to spawn ?

Nice fish in any case.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Peter A. Collin
November 17th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> Peter A. Collin wrote:
>>
>> In the context of Lake Ontario trout, it is a tiny one. It weighed
>> 2.5 to 3 pounds. They used to average 6 to 8 pounds.
>
> I noticed the hooked jaw, did you catch him in Lake Ontario
> or in a tributary on his way to spawn ?
>
> Nice fish in any case.

in a trib. Genereally they are silvery when you get them in the lake.

Pete