PDA

View Full Version : For the PETA folks

Rodney Long
December 1st, 2006, 10:54 PM
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
http://www.ezknot.com

Dawn Moe
December 2nd, 2006, 02:46 AM
"Rodney Long" > wrote in message

> --
> Rodney Long,
> Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
> Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
> http://www.ezknot.com

Rodney,

That is by far the best shirt I have seen in a long time! Where can we get
one?

Jeremy Moe

Rodney Long
December 2nd, 2006, 04:46 AM
Dawn Moe wrote:
> "Rodney Long" > wrote in message
>> --
>> Rodney Long,
>> Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
>> Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
>> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
>> http://www.ezknot.com
>>

> Rodney,
>
> That is by far the best shirt I have seen in a long time! Where can we get
> one?
>
> Jeremy Moe

I got it from a local hardware store, they are 12.00 dollars,, actually
that was on the back, PETA "PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS" was on the
front, I turned it around for the photo

They had another one that said

"I believe in animal rights"

"right beside my massed potatoes"

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
http://www.ezknot.com

Ken Fortenberry
December 2nd, 2006, 03:17 PM
Vegetarians are not necessarily PETA kooks. Many vegetarians
I know would gladly eat meat if they could ever find any that
wasn't full of antibiotics, steroids and growth hormones.
Unless you shoot your own meat, or pay outrageous "organic"
prices, drug-free meat is almost impossible to find. And
many vegetarians I know have no problem with leather shoes,
fur coats, hunting, fishing and real science being conducted
on animal subjects. Conflating vegetarians and PETA is dumb.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Charles Summers
December 2nd, 2006, 07:38 PM
Scary...

"Rodney Long" > wrote in message

> --
> Rodney Long,
> Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
> Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
> http://www.ezknot.com

Dawn Moe
December 2nd, 2006, 08:09 PM
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
t...
> Vegetarians are not necessarily PETA kooks. Many vegetarians
> I know would gladly eat meat if they could ever find any that
> wasn't full of antibiotics, steroids and growth hormones.
> Unless you shoot your own meat, or pay outrageous "organic"
> prices, drug-free meat is almost impossible to find. And
> many vegetarians I know have no problem with leather shoes,
> fur coats, hunting, fishing and real science being conducted
> on animal subjects. Conflating vegetarians and PETA is dumb.
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry

Don't forget the expense of organically growing your own grain to feed the
animals. I had a gandfather who was an organic bean farmer. He also kept an
organic garden and fed his various ducks, geese and pigs organically. Didn't
make much money, but ate well and healthy.

Jeremy Moe

Bass_Mr.
December 2nd, 2006, 11:10 PM
One company that home delivers anti-biotic free,steroid free, hormone free
all natural chicken is Horizon Foods. It is kind of pricey but very healthy
and tastes real good. It is so natural that the "leftovers" don't hold for
long because they don't have all the chemicals added.
www.horizonfoods.com

"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
t...
> Vegetarians are not necessarily PETA kooks. Many vegetarians
> I know would gladly eat meat if they could ever find any that
> wasn't full of antibiotics, steroids and growth hormones.
> Unless you shoot your own meat, or pay outrageous "organic"
> prices, drug-free meat is almost impossible to find. And
> many vegetarians I know have no problem with leather shoes,
> fur coats, hunting, fishing and real science being conducted
> on animal subjects. Conflating vegetarians and PETA is dumb.
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry

Bass_Mr.
December 2nd, 2006, 11:10 PM
Hey Charles, let's go have a salad. :)
"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> Scary...
>

> "Rodney Long" > wrote in message
>>
>> --
>> Rodney Long,
>> Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
>> Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
>> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
>> http://www.ezknot.com

Dawn Moe
December 3rd, 2006, 01:12 AM
"Bass_Mr." > wrote in message
.. .
> One company that home delivers anti-biotic free,steroid free, hormone free
> all natural chicken is Horizon Foods. It is kind of pricey but very
> healthy and tastes real good. It is so natural that the "leftovers" don't
> hold for long because they don't have all the chemicals added.
> www.horizonfoods.com

A guy at my last job bought a whole cow every year from a farmer friend of
his, organically fed, no 'roids, etc. He would bring in leftovers and offer
them for lunch. That meat would literally melt in your mouth compared to
store bought beef. If I had the freezer space, I might think about doing
that myself.

Jeremy Moe

Rodney Long
December 3rd, 2006, 03:23 AM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> Vegetarians are not necessarily PETA kooks. Many vegetarians
> I know would gladly eat meat if they could ever find any that
> wasn't full of antibiotics, steroids and growth hormones.
> Unless you shoot your own meat, or pay outrageous "organic"
> prices, drug-free meat is almost impossible to find. And
> many vegetarians I know have no problem with leather shoes,
> fur coats, hunting, fishing and real science being conducted
> on animal subjects. Conflating vegetarians and PETA is dumb.

Well not dumb , but it is true not every veg'y is a PETA idiot, but
every PETA idiot, is a veg'y

Your friends need to learn how to deer hunt, no chemicals in that great
venison.

My son called this morning telling me he has me another deer for the
freezer for me, he took it with a front loader this time, instead of a
bow, that he usually hunts with.

I used to supply my family with enough venison to feed us for the entire
year.(I have went years without buying beef) I would put between 15 to
20 deer a year in the freezers every year.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
http://www.ezknot.com

Cyli
December 3rd, 2006, 05:06 AM
On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 21:23:09 -0600, Rodney Long >
wrote:

>Your friends need to learn how to deer hunt, no chemicals in that great
>venison.

Depends on how many grain fields they go into and what's in the soil
in any river bottoms or lakes they eat near and drink from. Though
I'll agree they aren't given antibiotic shots and growth hormone
shots, as regular market animals are.
--

r.bc: vixen
Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher, etc..

http://www.visi.com/~cyli

Ken Fortenberry
December 3rd, 2006, 04:02 PM
Rodney Long wrote:
> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>> Vegetarians are not necessarily PETA kooks. Many vegetarians
>> I know would gladly eat meat if they could ever find any that
>> wasn't full of antibiotics, steroids and growth hormones.
>> Unless you shoot your own meat, or pay outrageous "organic"
>> prices, drug-free meat is almost impossible to find. And
>> many vegetarians I know have no problem with leather shoes,
>> fur coats, hunting, fishing and real science being conducted
>> on animal subjects. Conflating vegetarians and PETA is dumb.
>
> Well not dumb , but it is true not every veg'y is a PETA idiot, but
> every PETA idiot, is a veg'y ...

Well, let me put it this way, if I saw someone wearing that
T-shirt I'd assume he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
And if he was wearing it backwards ... ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Doug
December 3rd, 2006, 07:47 PM
Interesting fact:

Did you know that the human animal actually isn't designed to eat meats.
Our digestive tracts are geared towards a vegetarian diet. Thats why crap
stinks, the meats that we eat don't fully or correctly digest.
Personally, I enjoy steak myself, though!

Doug

"Rodney Long" > wrote in message

> --
> Rodney Long,
> Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
> Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
> http://www.ezknot.com

Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now
December 3rd, 2006, 08:03 PM
On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:02:21 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
> wrote:

>Rodney Long wrote:
>> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>>> Vegetarians are not necessarily PETA kooks. Many vegetarians
>>> I know would gladly eat meat if they could ever find any that
>>> wasn't full of antibiotics, steroids and growth hormones.
>>> Unless you shoot your own meat, or pay outrageous "organic"
>>> prices, drug-free meat is almost impossible to find. And
>>> many vegetarians I know have no problem with leather shoes,
>>> fur coats, hunting, fishing and real science being conducted
>>> on animal subjects. Conflating vegetarians and PETA is dumb.
>>
>> Well not dumb , but it is true not every veg'y is a PETA idiot, but
>> every PETA idiot, is a veg'y ...
>
>Well, let me put it this way, if I saw someone wearing that
>T-shirt I'd assume he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
>And if he was wearing it backwards ... ;-)

Just consider the source Ken.

If you people wouldn't respond to him I would never know he is out
there. My bit bucket has a tight lid!

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
December 3rd, 2006, 08:43 PM
"Doug" > wrote in message
> Interesting fact:
>
> Did you know that the human animal actually isn't designed to eat meats.
> Our digestive tracts are geared towards a vegetarian diet. Thats why crap
> stinks, the meats that we eat don't fully or correctly digest.
> Personally, I enjoy steak myself, though!

I dunno about that. I grew up on a farm and there's no way you can convince
me that cow, pig and chicken manure doesn't stink. Are you saying that
their digestive tract isn't geared properly?

I'm still convinced that humans are predators and as such, should eat meat.
Take a look at virtually all predatory animals and you'll see that they have
forward facing eyes. Food source animals, i.e. vegetarian animals have eyes
projecting to the side.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

rw
December 3rd, 2006, 09:06 PM
Doug wrote:
> Interesting fact:
>
> Did you know that the human animal actually isn't designed to eat meats.
> Our digestive tracts are geared towards a vegetarian diet. Thats why crap
> stinks, the meats that we eat don't fully or correctly digest.
> Personally, I enjoy steak myself, though!

That's completely wrong. Dogs are certainly "designed" to eat meat, and
their crap smells at least as bad as ours.

Fred Lebow
December 3rd, 2006, 10:03 PM
"Well, let me put it this way, if I saw someone wearing that
T-shirt I'd assume he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
And if he was wearing it backwards ... ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry"
--

I choose to kill as few animals as possible! - We eat meat and we can still
buy meat and chicken at the market.

I find no problems ethically or intellectually w Peta
I do NOT think that they are a bunch of idots!

I definitely feel more empathy towards animals than stupid humans -- and the
world is full of the latter!

I definitely agree w the above statement about sharp knives!

Sincerely
Fred

Bass_Mr.
December 4th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Steve, I know my eyes get real big when I see a nice filet mignon, that's
for sure. :)
I used to think my poop didn't stink but my wife finally set me straight. :)
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "Doug" > wrote in message
>> Interesting fact:
>>
>> Did you know that the human animal actually isn't designed to eat meats.
>> Our digestive tracts are geared towards a vegetarian diet. Thats why
>> crap stinks, the meats that we eat don't fully or correctly digest.
>> Personally, I enjoy steak myself, though!
>
> I dunno about that. I grew up on a farm and there's no way you can
> convince me that cow, pig and chicken manure doesn't stink. Are you
> saying that their digestive tract isn't geared properly?
>
> I'm still convinced that humans are predators and as such, should eat
> meat. Take a look at virtually all predatory animals and you'll see that
> they have forward facing eyes. Food source animals, i.e. vegetarian
> animals have eyes projecting to the side.
> --
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

rw
December 4th, 2006, 02:44 AM
rw wrote:
> Doug wrote:
>
>> Interesting fact:
>>
>> Did you know that the human animal actually isn't designed to eat
>> meats. Our digestive tracts are geared towards a vegetarian diet.
>> Thats why crap stinks, the meats that we eat don't fully or correctly
>> digest.
>> Personally, I enjoy steak myself, though!
>

> That's completely wrong. Dogs are certainly "designed" to eat meat, and
> their crap smells at least as bad as ours ...

.... but they seem to enjoy it more.

Doug
December 4th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Good points guys! I'm not completely convinced myself either, but I was
always told this growing up, and I always just kind of took it as fact. 1
point that was always brought up to me that stuck was that humans, NEED
fiber in order to pass things thru our digestive tracts, and meat, of
course, contains none. Our canines are not oversized, like all pure
carnivores,but we still have them, unlike sheep.

It might be very well possible that we were actually designed to consume a
mixed diet possibly?? I did a quick search, and it seems that the general
consensus is of mixed opinions as well. Could we have evolved INTO meat
eaters over the last 4 million years?

You're right though Steve, stating the obvious about farm yard animals... I
never really thought about that to tell the truth, but very true.
*scratches head*

Now this is a fact though, that vegetarians are actually 57% less likely to
die from heart disease, or any other coronary infarction, and are far
healthier then their meat eater counterparts.
I actually know a couple vegetarians, and I will say, they are the picture
of health.

On a personal note, I know you don't know me, or hell, might not remember me
as far as that goes, but....
Along the same lines, I know you were having some difficulty in the recent
past, thru the groups here, and hope you have things worked out and your
back to fishing!

Best regards to all,

Doug

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "Doug" > wrote in message
>> Interesting fact:
>>
>> Did you know that the human animal actually isn't designed to eat meats.
>> Our digestive tracts are geared towards a vegetarian diet. Thats why
>> crap stinks, the meats that we eat don't fully or correctly digest.
>> Personally, I enjoy steak myself, though!
>
> I dunno about that. I grew up on a farm and there's no way you can
> convince me that cow, pig and chicken manure doesn't stink. Are you
> saying that their digestive tract isn't geared properly?
>
> I'm still convinced that humans are predators and as such, should eat
> meat. Take a look at virtually all predatory animals and you'll see that
> they have forward facing eyes. Food source animals, i.e. vegetarian
> animals have eyes projecting to the side.
> --
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

rb608
December 4th, 2006, 04:16 AM
"Doug" > wrote in message news
> Now this is a fact though, that vegetarians are actually 57% less likely
> to die from heart disease, or any other coronary infarction, and are far
> healthier then their meat eater counterparts.
> I actually know a couple vegetarians, and I will say, they are the picture
> of health.

I'd be cautious about attributing the statistical health benefits you cite
as having a direct cause-and-effect relationship with vegetarian diet,
though in the time I was a veggie, my health never suffered. With the
exception of breakfast sausage, I rarely craved meat at all.

Joe F.

Doug
December 4th, 2006, 04:40 AM
I probably should reiterate:

a.. One study found vegetarians to suffer significantly lower mortality from
heart disease than health conscious non-vegetarians. Mortality from
ischaemic heart disease was 57% lower in vegetarians than the general
population, and 18% lower than in non-vegetarians following a healthy
lifestyle. Deaths due to cerebrovascular disease was 43% lower in the
vegetarians compared with the general population.

Credits to:
Key, T J et al. (1998) Mortality in vegetarians and non-vegetarians: a
collaborative analysis of 8,300 deaths among 76,000 men and women in five
prospective studies. Public Health Nutrition.

This is actually going into more depth than I had planned to go into this,
but the more I read, the more interesting it is becoming. I seriously doubt
I would become veggie, but as another poster suggested, maybe restrict to
only lean meat that I killed myself, with no drugs and steroids and the
such.

I'm getting ready to hit the big "Four O", and these are things I should
probably be more concerned with I suppose.

Pretty interesting stuff none the less though.....

Doug

"rb608" > wrote in message
> "Doug" > wrote in message news
>> Now this is a fact though, that vegetarians are actually 57% less likely
>> to die from heart disease, or any other coronary infarction, and are far
>> healthier then their meat eater counterparts.
>> I actually know a couple vegetarians, and I will say, they are the
>> picture of health.
>

> I'd be cautious about attributing the statistical health benefits you cite
> as having a direct cause-and-effect relationship with vegetarian diet,
> though in the time I was a veggie, my health never suffered. With the
> exception of breakfast sausage, I rarely craved meat at all.
>
> Joe F.

rb608
December 4th, 2006, 11:35 AM
"Doug" > wrote in message
>I probably should reiterate:
>
> a.. One study found vegetarians to suffer significantly lower mortality
> from heart disease than health conscious non-vegetarians. Mortality from
> ischaemic heart disease was 57% lower in vegetarians than the general
> population, and 18% lower than in non-vegetarians following a healthy
> lifestyle. Deaths due to cerebrovascular disease was 43% lower in the
> vegetarians compared with the general population.

I didn't mean to question the numbers, I was only wondering if those studies
attributed the differences entirely to diet. For example, in my experience,
most vegetarians I've known were younger, and had more active lifestyles.
To attribute their better heatlh to their diet would be overlooking two more
sigificant factors.

Joe F.

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
December 4th, 2006, 01:22 PM
"Doug" > wrote in message <SNIP>

> Now this is a fact though, that vegetarians are actually 57% less likely
> to die from heart disease, or any other coronary infarction, and are far
> healthier then their meat eater counterparts.
> I actually know a couple vegetarians, and I will say, they are the picture
> of health.

***That's true, but can you explain the Inuits or Eskimos, they had
virtually no vegetable fiber in their diet, yet didn't know heart disease at
all until fairly recently. Inuits are the picture of health, living in a
rugged land that doesn't make allowances for the weak and sick.

> On a personal note, I know you don't know me, or hell, might not remember
> me as far as that goes, but....
> Along the same lines, I know you were having some difficulty in the recent
> past, thru the groups here, and hope you have things worked out and your
> back to fishing!

***Well, with the temps down in single digits, snow piling up in the
driveway, and the boat sitting parked, I'm not fishing, but I did manage
some deer hunting. Still having some problems, but they seem to be
lessening to a small degree.

I think the biggest factor in being healthy is good genetics and living a
life of moderation. That means getting off the couch more than once in a
while, eating a reasonable, balanced diet and paying attention to your body.
I unfortunately did some of those things, but my family has a genetic
predisposition to heart disease, I had undiagnosed sleep apnea and a fairly
stressful life. Those factors just about did me in!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Rodney Long
December 4th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Doug wrote:
> I probably should reiterate:
>
> a.. One study found vegetarians to suffer significantly lower mortality from
> heart disease than health conscious non-vegetarians. Mortality from
> ischaemic heart disease was 57% lower in vegetarians than the general
> population, and 18% lower than in non-vegetarians following a healthy
> lifestyle. Deaths due to cerebrovascular disease was 43% lower in the
> vegetarians compared with the general population.

The real question though,, do they actually live longer ?

This has come up with lower cholesterol levels, in every "mass" study it
is true they had less heart disease, but they did not actually live
longer than those with higher levels. Just something else killed them
just as soon. There is no evidence in any study that reducing
cholesterol level, increases life span.

I eat meat three meals a day (large quantities of it), my cholesterol
level is below 100, so "just" eating meat does not increase cholesterol
levels to dangerous levels.

Another factor in the Vegetarians is if they decide to go to that extent
just for their health, the majority of them also exercise to the
exstream for their health, and they also are very careful what veggy
products they actually eat, they don't pig out on sugar, carbs, and
hydrogenated fats, something that many meat eaters do.

PETA zombies, don' eat veterinarian for their health, they eat it
because they give animals "more" rights than humans. They would rather
see a human die, than an animal

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
http://www.ezknot.com

WARREN WOLK
December 4th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Glad you're feeling better Steve, lord knows qwe need you in these
newsgroups & on our true friends lists!

Warren

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "Doug" > wrote in message <SNIP>
>
>> Now this is a fact though, that vegetarians are actually 57% less likely
>> to die from heart disease, or any other coronary infarction, and are far
>> healthier then their meat eater counterparts.
>> I actually know a couple vegetarians, and I will say, they are the
>> picture of health.
>
> ***That's true, but can you explain the Inuits or Eskimos, they had
> virtually no vegetable fiber in their diet, yet didn't know heart disease
> at all until fairly recently. Inuits are the picture of health, living in
> a rugged land that doesn't make allowances for the weak and sick.
>

>> On a personal note, I know you don't know me, or hell, might not remember
>> me as far as that goes, but....
>> Along the same lines, I know you were having some difficulty in the
>> recent past, thru the groups here, and hope you have things worked out
>> and your back to fishing!
>
> ***Well, with the temps down in single digits, snow piling up in the
> driveway, and the boat sitting parked, I'm not fishing, but I did manage
> some deer hunting. Still having some problems, but they seem to be
> lessening to a small degree.
>
> I think the biggest factor in being healthy is good genetics and living a
> life of moderation. That means getting off the couch more than once in a
> while, eating a reasonable, balanced diet and paying attention to your
> body. I unfortunately did some of those things, but my family has a
> genetic predisposition to heart disease, I had undiagnosed sleep apnea and
> a fairly stressful life. Those factors just about did me in!
> --
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Opus
December 5th, 2006, 01:11 AM
"WARREN WOLK" > wrote in message
> Glad you're feeling better Steve, lord knows qwe need you in these
> newsgroups & on our true friends lists!
>
> Warren

You got that right! That's why he's in my killfile.

Op

catfish2006
December 5th, 2006, 09:42 PM
PETA
People Eating Tasty Animals

"Rodney Long" > wrote in message

> --
> Rodney Long,
> Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
> Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
> http://www.ezknot.com

Fred Lebow
December 6th, 2006, 03:14 AM
"catfish2006" > wrote in message
et...
> PETA
> People Eating Tasty Animals

Now I'm convinced!

I have no problems w PETA
They are an ethical group - a little hard line but their values are OK
They are certainly NOT idiots !
Others on this list may be...!

--
Fred

Rodney Long
December 6th, 2006, 03:56 AM
Fred Lebow wrote:
> "catfish2006" > wrote in message
> et...
>> PETA
>> People Eating Tasty Animals
>>

> Now I'm convinced!
>
> I have no problems w PETA
> They are an ethical group
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
- a little hard line but their values are OK
HAHAHAHA
> They are certainly NOT idiots !

ROTFLMAO

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
http://www.ezknot.com

Fred Lebow
December 6th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Idiots???

Others on this list may be...!

--
Fred
"Rodney Long" > wrote in message
> Fred Lebow wrote:
>> "catfish2006" > wrote in message
>> et...
>>> PETA
>>> People Eating Tasty Animals
>>>

>> Now I'm convinced!
>>
>> I have no problems w PETA
>> They are an ethical group
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
> - a little hard line but their values are OK
> HAHAHAHA
>> They are certainly NOT idiots !
>

> ROTFLMAO
>

> --
> Rodney Long,
> Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
> Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
> http://www.ezknot.com

Rodney Long
December 6th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Rodney Long wrote:
> Fred Lebow wrote:
>> "catfish2006" > wrote in message
>> et...
>>> PETA
>>> People Eating Tasty Animals
>>>

>> Now I'm convinced!
>>
>> I have no problems w PETA
>> They are an ethical group
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Throwing paint on people on the street, opening their own "humane
shelter for animals Dogs and cats)" Killing "every" animal brought to
them, not adopting out a single one. Braking into laboratories releasing
all the animals, destroying lab equipment, some real ethics here

> - a little hard line but their values are OK
> HAHAHAHA

Placing animals on the same or above the level of man, where it is
better for a human to die, than an animal to die to save the humans
life. Wanting to make killing an animal(wild or farm animals) "murder"
in the eyes of the law, punishable by the death penalty. (killing of pet
animals is OK if they themselves do it) (we know of one case were a PETA
member was hunting, hunters, killing them in the woods)

>> They are certainly NOT idiots !
>

> ROTFLMAO

I have not heard of a single PETA member who was not also "pro
abortion", it's not ok to kill and use animals, but perfectly fine to
"murder" unborn humans.

Idiots is too kind of a word to describe them

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Boomerang Fishing Pro. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
http://www.ezknot.com

Dawn Moe
December 6th, 2006, 03:35 PM

> Idiots is too kind of a word to describe them

Amen.

Jeremy Moe

Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now
December 6th, 2006, 04:46 PM
On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 20:14:58 -0700, "Fred Lebow" >
wrote:

>"catfish2006" > wrote in message
et...
>> PETA
>> People Eating Tasty Animals
>>

>Now I'm convinced!
>
>I have no problems w PETA
>They are an ethical group - a little hard line but their values are OK
>They are certainly NOT idiots !
>Others on this list may be...!

Fred, to make a statement like that you must be one of the most
uninformed people on this planet!

Please do a little research before you make statements like that.
Don't just read the statements from PETA or anti peta groups. Research
the money trails to violent and illegal acts that are sponsored by
PETA members and the groups PETA supports with money and resources.
Of course Peta denies this, denies using flawed scientific studies,
denies using flawed logic to promote their cause.

Domestic terrorism, inferior scientific studies, lies and propaganda
are alive and well thanks to PETA! PETA is as far from ethical as you
can get and still use the word unethical. Many people are duped by
their slick facade, outright lies and their lack of ethics. Don't be
one of them!!!

Remove the x for e-mail reply
1996 HD Sportster 1200S. N9JBF. Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!

Dawn Moe
December 6th, 2006, 07:41 PM
"Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 20:14:58 -0700, "Fred Lebow" >
> wrote:
>
>>"catfish2006" > wrote in message
et...
>>> PETA
>>> People Eating Tasty Animals
>>>

>>Now I'm convinced!
>>
>>I have no problems w PETA
>>They are an ethical group - a little hard line but their values are OK
>>They are certainly NOT idiots !
>>Others on this list may be...!
>
> Fred, to make a statement like that you must be one of the most
> uninformed people on this planet!
>
> Please do a little research before you make statements like that.
> Don't just read the statements from PETA or anti peta groups. Research
> the money trails to violent and illegal acts that are sponsored by
> PETA members and the groups PETA supports with money and resources.
> Of course Peta denies this, denies using flawed scientific studies,
> denies using flawed logic to promote their cause.
>
> Domestic terrorism, inferior scientific studies, lies and propaganda
> are alive and well thanks to PETA! PETA is as far from ethical as you
> can get and still use the word unethical. Many people are duped by
> their slick facade, outright lies and their lack of ethics. Don't be
> one of them!!!

Just a glimpse,

http://www.fbresearch.org/Deathvan/timeline.htm

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/headline/2088

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/19/domestic.terrorism/index.html

Jeremy Moe

Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now
December 6th, 2006, 08:00 PM
On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 19:41:13 GMT, "Dawn Moe" >
wrote:

>"Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 20:14:58 -0700, "Fred Lebow" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"catfish2006" > wrote in message
et...

>>>Now I'm convinced!
>>>
>>>I have no problems w PETA
>>>They are an ethical group - a little hard line but their values are OK
>>>They are certainly NOT idiots !
>>>Others on this list may be...!
>>
>> Fred, to make a statement like that you must be one of the most
>> uninformed people on this planet!
>>
>> Please do a little research before you make statements like that.
>> Don't just read the statements from PETA or anti peta groups. Research
>> the money trails to violent and illegal acts that are sponsored by
>> PETA members and the groups PETA supports with money and resources.
>> Of course Peta denies this, denies using flawed scientific studies,
>> denies using flawed logic to promote their cause.
>>
>> Domestic terrorism, inferior scientific studies, lies and propaganda
>> are alive and well thanks to PETA! PETA is as far from ethical as you
>> can get and still use the word unethical. Many people are duped by
>> their slick facade, outright lies and their lack of ethics. Don't be
>> one of them!!!
>
>Just a glimpse,
>
>http://www.fbresearch.org/Deathvan/timeline.htm
>
>http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/headline/2088
>
>http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/19/domestic.terrorism/index.html
>

>Jeremy Moe

Jeremy, don't do research for people like this. At this stage in
their lives they either have sufficient brain capacity to do their
own, in which case they might be able to believe it because they did
it. Or they are too stupid and then are not worth arguing with.
Either way let them have their opinion. They are the ones going
around spouting silly statements and have to live with other peoples
opinions of them. Ever notice how people tend to shy away from people
that make goofball statements? That's their cross to bear through
life.

Or he's just trolling and is too stupid to do a good job of it!

Either way he is now in the bit bucket with the rest of the goofy
characters hanging around on some news groups!

Remove the x for e-mail reply
1996 HD Sportster 1200S. N9JBF. Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!

Opus
December 6th, 2006, 09:33 PM
"Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now" > wrote in message

> Jeremy, don't do research for people like this. At this stage in
> their lives they either have sufficient brain capacity to do their
> own, in which case they might be able to believe it because they did
> it. Or they are too stupid and then are not worth arguing with.
> Either way let them have their opinion. They are the ones going
> around spouting silly statements and have to live with other peoples
> opinions of them. Ever notice how people tend to shy away from people
> that make goofball statements? That's their cross to bear through
> life.
>
> Or he's just trolling and is too stupid to do a good job of it!
>
> Either way he is now in the bit bucket with the rest of the goofy
> characters hanging around on some news groups!

Yeah there's nothing like a rabid voice to discourage the moderate mind.

Op

Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now
December 6th, 2006, 11:33 PM
On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:33:39 -0500, "Opus" >
wrote:

>"Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now" > wrote in message
> >
>> Jeremy, don't do research for people like this. At this stage in
>> their lives they either have sufficient brain capacity to do their
>> own, in which case they might be able to believe it because they did
>> it. Or they are too stupid and then are not worth arguing with.
>> Either way let them have their opinion. They are the ones going
>> around spouting silly statements and have to live with other peoples
>> opinions of them. Ever notice how people tend to shy away from people
>> that make goofball statements? That's their cross to bear through
>> life.
>>
>> Or he's just trolling and is too stupid to do a good job of it!
>>
>> Either way he is now in the bit bucket with the rest of the goofy
>> characters hanging around on some news groups!
>
>Yeah there's nothing like a rabid voice to discourage the moderate mind.
>
>Op

There is nothing moderate about peta.

Remove the x for e-mail reply
1996 HD Sportster 1200S. N9JBF. Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!

Opus
December 7th, 2006, 02:23 AM
"Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now" > wrote in message

> There is nothing moderate about peta.

I never said that they were.

That may or may not be true about some or most of it's member, I don't
follow them. However, your misplaced attack on Fred was rabid. I have been
reading Fred's post over at ROFF, for some time now. Fred is neither stupid
nor incapable of making his own *informed* decisions. That you don't agree
with his assessment is a matter of opinion.

More to the point. What I was alluding to was your vicious attack on Fred.
As I said, I don't know great deal about PETA, and what I do know of them
doesn't impress me. With that said, I would be more inclined to listen to
Fred than you on the subject.

Jeremy's links were much more useful in swaying people away from PETA, than
your attack on Fred's character.

Just my .02

Op

catfish2006
December 7th, 2006, 01:42 PM
"Opus" > wrote in message

> "Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now" > wrote in
> message ...
>>>
>> There is nothing moderate about peta.
>
> I never said that they were.
>
> That may or may not be true about some or most of it's member, I don't
> follow them. However, your misplaced attack on Fred was rabid. I have
> been reading Fred's post over at ROFF, for some time now. Fred is neither
> stupid nor incapable of making his own *informed* decisions. That you
> don't agree with his assessment is a matter of opinion.
>
> More to the point. What I was alluding to was your vicious attack on
> Fred. As I said, I don't know great deal about PETA, and what I do know of
> them doesn't impress me. With that said, I would be more inclined to
> listen to Fred than you on the subject.
>
> Jeremy's links were much more useful in swaying people away from PETA,
> than your attack on Fred's character.
>
> Just my .02
>
> Op

TRUE