PDA

View Full Version : More, People Eating Tasty Animals

catfish2006
December 18th, 2006, 12:52 PM
More, People Eating Tasty Animals

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
December 18th, 2006, 11:12 PM
"catfish2006" > wrote in message
et...
> More, People Eating Tasty Animals

So, is this a picture of you or someone you know? Or is it just a picture
you found and uploaded to ABPF? I now have a rifle capable of dropping a
cape buffalo and I'd really like to do it someday!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

jeff
December 19th, 2006, 01:27 AM
catfish2006 wrote:

> More, People Eating Tasty Animals

so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
December 19th, 2006, 03:20 AM
"jeff" > wrote in message
> catfish2006 wrote:
>
>> More, People Eating Tasty Animals

> so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?

Actually, the original picture is of a cape buffalo, from the continent of
Africa. Water buffalo are from Asia and have been transplanted to
Australia.

There is quite a difference, but you cook them just the same, a little at a
time.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Cyli
December 19th, 2006, 04:56 AM
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:27:37 -0500, jeff >
wrote:

>catfish2006 wrote:
>
>> More, People Eating Tasty Animals

>so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?

Boil with lots of water chestnuts?
--

r.bc: vixen
Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher, etc..

http://www.visi.com/~cyli

rw
December 19th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Cyli wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:27:37 -0500, jeff >
> wrote:
>

>>catfish2006 wrote:
>>

>>>More, People Eating Tasty Animals

>>so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?
>

> Boil with lots of water chestnuts?

And top with capers.

Rodney Long
December 19th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Cyli wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:27:37 -0500, jeff >
> wrote:
>
>> catfish2006 wrote:
>>
>>> More, People Eating Tasty Animals

>> so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?
>
> Boil with lots of water chestnuts?

Actually, I have found that they taste better using Rino recipes

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,

WARREN WOLK
December 19th, 2006, 06:20 PM
....or in a really big pot.

WW ;-)

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "jeff" > wrote in message
>> catfish2006 wrote:
>>
>>> More, People Eating Tasty Animals

>> so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?
>
> Actually, the original picture is of a cape buffalo, from the continent of
> Africa. Water buffalo are from Asia and have been transplanted to
> Australia.
>
> There is quite a difference, but you cook them just the same, a little at
> a time.
> --
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

jeff
December 20th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:

> "jeff" > wrote in message
>
>>catfish2006 wrote:
>>

>>>More, People Eating Tasty Animals

>>so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?
>

> Actually, the original picture is of a cape buffalo, from the continent of
> Africa.

ah...yeah...but, who cooks cape buffalo? <g> Bubalus bubalis barbecue...?

> Water buffalo are from Asia and have been transplanted to
> Australia.
>
> There is quite a difference, but you cook them just the same, a little at a
> time.

"Most notable are the kneecaps, prepared as a stew or goulash in a
traditional cast iron pot over a slow fire for a number of days. The
wait is worth it! Buffalo steak and kidney pie is another favorite. Many
also consider the tongue to be excellent."

<g> thanks for the instruction. i had no idea there was a difference.
always thought it was like the mahi-mahi, dolphin thing...never paid
much attention to the distinction. interesting...

jeff

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
December 20th, 2006, 02:31 AM
"jeff" > wrote in message
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:

>>>so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?
>>

>> Actually, the original picture is of a cape buffalo, from the continent
>> of Africa.
>
> ah...yeah...but, who cooks cape buffalo? <g> Bubalus bubalis barbecue...?

***Actually, the one time I did have cape buffalo, I thought it tasted quite
a bit like free-range beef. It was pretty darned good stuff.

>> Water buffalo are from Asia and have been transplanted to Australia.
>>
>> There is quite a difference, but you cook them just the same, a little at
>> a time.
>
> "Most notable are the kneecaps, prepared as a stew or goulash in a
> traditional cast iron pot over a slow fire for a number of days. The wait
> is worth it! Buffalo steak and kidney pie is another favorite. Many also
> consider the tongue to be excellent."

***What? You've never eaten beef tongue? When I was a kid, my mother used
to boil beef tongue until tender, then skin off the outer membrane, leaving
the tender inner meat. Then she's slice it thin and put it on bread with
spicy brown mustard. Yum!

> <g> thanks for the instruction. i had no idea there was a difference.
> always thought it was like the mahi-mahi, dolphin thing...never paid much
> attention to the distinction. interesting...

***I love to hunt as much as I love to fish, and Africa has always been a
dream of mine, so I'm fairly well studied on big game. After having been on
safari in South Africa last year, it's my goal to return, hunt cape buffalo
and other large critters. Then, I'd like to big game hunt on all the
continents.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Fred Lebow
December 20th, 2006, 02:45 AM
> Actually, the original picture is of a cape buffalo, from the continent of
> Africa.

ah...yeah...but, who cooks cape buffalo? <g> Bubalus bubalis barbecue...?

> Water buffalo are from Asia and have been transplanted to Australia.
>
> There is quite a difference, but you cook them just the same, a little at
> a time.

Fried on a bun sounds great w tartare sauce

Fred