PDA

View Full Version : y'all are kiddin me, right?

jeff
December 27th, 2006, 01:02 AM
ok, i went along on that snipe hunt thing, but seriously...the rainbows
will take a parachute adams outta the vertical white water?

happy new year y'all...whatever god you pray to or don't believe exists...

Opus
December 27th, 2006, 02:01 AM
"jeff" > wrote in message
> ok, i went along on that snipe hunt thing, but seriously...the rainbows
> will take a parachute adams outta the vertical white water?
>
> happy new year y'all...whatever god you pray to or don't believe exists...

Very nice pic!

I take it that up there in the UP?

Op

Cyli
December 27th, 2006, 03:14 AM
On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:02:49 -0500, jeff >
wrote:

>ok, i went along on that snipe hunt thing, but seriously...the rainbows
>will take a parachute adams outta the vertical white water?

Love the blue Photoshopping.

>happy new year y'all...whatever god you pray to or don't believe exists...

But, but, but, I'm in an agnostic phase, so I'm not sure.

Except that I'm sure I wish y'all a nice solstice season and good new
year.
--

r.bc: vixen
Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher, etc..

http://www.visi.com/~cyli

jeff
December 27th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Cyli wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:02:49 -0500, jeff >
> wrote:
>

>>ok, i went along on that snipe hunt thing, but seriously...the rainbows
>>will take a parachute adams outta the vertical white water?
>

> Love the blue Photoshopping.
>
>>happy new year y'all...whatever god you pray to or don't believe exists...
>

> But, but, but, I'm in an agnostic phase, so I'm not sure.
>
> Except that I'm sure I wish y'all a nice solstice season and good new
> year.

actually, i think that's how it turned out. blue photographer perhaps?
you'll have to ask asadi.

it's agate falls near bruce crossing in da yoop, near the end of the
day's fishing on the oxymoron, and the light was a bit difficult at the
time.

another year is a blessing to all who are fortunate enough to experience
it, even agnostics. it keeps the mystery going, eh?

jeff

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
December 27th, 2006, 03:15 PM
"jeff" > wrote in message <SNIP>

> it's agate falls near bruce crossing in da yoop, near the end of the day's
> fishing on the oxymoron, and the light was a bit difficult at the time.
>
> another year is a blessing to all who are fortunate enough to experience
> it, even agnostics. it keeps the mystery going, eh?
>
> jeff

I live not too far from there, and Agate Falls has always been a favorite
place. Nice pic.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

jeff
December 28th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:

> "jeff" > wrote in message <SNIP>
>
>>it's agate falls near bruce crossing in da yoop, near the end of the day's
>>fishing on the oxymoron, and the light was a bit difficult at the time.
>>
>>another year is a blessing to all who are fortunate enough to experience
>>it, even agnostics. it keeps the mystery going, eh?
>>
>>jeff
>

> I live not too far from there, and Agate Falls has always been a favorite
> place. Nice pic.

a friend from wisconsin showed it to me several years ago and we
returned there in september this year. on my first trip, we fished in
the kickapoo and merrill areas, then drove thru rhinelander on the way
to fishing in the u.p. of all the places i've seen in the yoop (haven't
been to the eastern side yet), this area is my favorite.

asadi
December 28th, 2006, 02:18 PM
So, do you give a firefighter discount?

john....just had to ask... LOL (Dayton, oh)

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "jeff" > wrote in message <SNIP>
>
>> it's agate falls near bruce crossing in da yoop, near the end of the
>> day's fishing on the oxymoron, and the light was a bit difficult at the
>> time.
>>
>> another year is a blessing to all who are fortunate enough to experience
>> it, even agnostics. it keeps the mystery going, eh?
>>
>> jeff
>
> I live not too far from there, and Agate Falls has always been a favorite
> place. Nice pic.
> --
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

asadi
December 28th, 2006, 02:28 PM
At last month's club meeting (Miami Valley Fly Fishers) Steve Schmidt
(http://www.schmidtoutfitters.com/) gave a presentation about the Manistee
National forest area...it was very impressive and has definitely tweaked my
interest about trying that area...

john

"jeff" > wrote in message
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers wrote:
>
>> "jeff" > wrote in message <SNIP>
>>
>>>it's agate falls near bruce crossing in da yoop, near the end of the
>>>day's fishing on the oxymoron, and the light was a bit difficult at the
>>>time.
>>>
>>>another year is a blessing to all who are fortunate enough to experience
>>>it, even agnostics. it keeps the mystery going, eh?
>>>
>>>jeff
>>

>> I live not too far from there, and Agate Falls has always been a favorite
>> place. Nice pic.
>
> a friend from wisconsin showed it to me several years ago and we returned
> there in september this year. on my first trip, we fished in the kickapoo
> and merrill areas, then drove thru rhinelander on the way to fishing in
> the u.p. of all the places i've seen in the yoop (haven't been to the
> eastern side yet), this area is my favorite.

jeff
December 29th, 2006, 12:14 AM
asadi wrote:
> At last month's club meeting (Miami Valley Fly Fishers) Steve Schmidt
> (http://www.schmidtoutfitters.com/) gave a presentation about the Manistee
> National forest area...it was very impressive and has definitely tweaked my
> interest about trying that area...
>
> john

i think 2007 is gonna be my year of staying close to home, but impulse
does seem to overcome me at times. the shad run usually starts down
here in late february and slogs through march, early april. if you've
never done it, it's worth the experience at least once or one hundred
times. we'll find you and jack d. a place to rest between fishing jaunts.

jeff

asadi
December 29th, 2006, 04:53 AM
"jeff" > wrote in message
> asadi wrote:
>> At last month's club meeting (Miami Valley Fly Fishers) Steve Schmidt
>> (http://www.schmidtoutfitters.com/) gave a presentation about the
>> Manistee National forest area...it was very impressive and has definitely
>> tweaked my interest about trying that area...
>>
>> john
>

> i think 2007 is gonna be my year of staying close to home, but impulse
> does seem to overcome me at times. the shad run usually starts down here
> in late february and slogs through march, early april. if you've never
> done it, it's worth the experience at least once or one hundred times.
> we'll find you and jack d. a place to rest between fishing jaunts.
>
> jeff

So let it be written, so let it be done...

Opus
December 29th, 2006, 12:54 PM
"asadi" > wrote in message
om...

> "jeff" > wrote in message
>> asadi wrote:
>>> At last month's club meeting (Miami Valley Fly Fishers) Steve Schmidt
>>> (http://www.schmidtoutfitters.com/) gave a presentation about the
>>> Manistee National forest area...it was very impressive and has
>>> definitely tweaked my interest about trying that area...
>>>
>>> john
>>

>> i think 2007 is gonna be my year of staying close to home, but impulse
>> does seem to overcome me at times. the shad run usually starts down here
>> in late february and slogs through march, early april. if you've never
>> done it, it's worth the experience at least once or one hundred times.
>> we'll find you and jack d. a place to rest between fishing jaunts.
>>
>> jeff
>

> So let it be written, so let it be done...

So Mote It Be!

Op

jeff
December 29th, 2006, 02:25 PM
asadi wrote:

> "jeff" > wrote in message
>
>>asadi wrote:
>>
>>>At last month's club meeting (Miami Valley Fly Fishers) Steve Schmidt
>>>(http://www.schmidtoutfitters.com/) gave a presentation about the
>>>Manistee National forest area...it was very impressive and has definitely
>>>tweaked my interest about trying that area...
>>>
>>>john
>>

>>i think 2007 is gonna be my year of staying close to home, but impulse
>>does seem to overcome me at times. the shad run usually starts down here
>>in late february and slogs through march, early april. if you've never
>>done it, it's worth the experience at least once or one hundred times.
>>we'll find you and jack d. a place to rest between fishing jaunts.
>>
>>jeff
>

> So let it be written, so let it be done...

well alrighty then... the first tar heel shad clave is in development.
plan on sometime in mid to late march. a boat is required. your spot is
set in my boat, john. let me know if you have some preferred dates.
lightweight spinning rigs and 4-5 weight (white, chartreuse, streamers).
we'll fish the neuse river, the roanoke river, and the tar river.
....and, depending on weather and the length of your stay, i'll show you
cape lookout or ocracoke.

jeff

Joe McIntosh
December 30th, 2006, 01:31 PM
"jeff" > wrote in message
> asadi wrote:
>
>> "jeff" > wrote in message
> plan on sometime in mid to late march. a boat is required. your spot is
> set in my boat, john. let me know if you have some preferred dates.
> lightweight spinning rigs and 4-5 weight (white, chartreuse, streamers).
> we'll fish the neuse river, the roanoke river, and the tar river. ...and,
> depending on weather and the length of your stay, i'll show you cape
> lookout or ocracoke.
>
> jeff

IJ asks--will the boat hold three----I could bring recipe for shad roe
gravy.

jeff
December 30th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Joe McIntosh wrote:
> "jeff" > wrote in message
>
>>asadi wrote:
>>

>>>"jeff" > wrote in message
>>
>>plan on sometime in mid to late march. a boat is required. your spot is
>>set in my boat, john. let me know if you have some preferred dates.
>>lightweight spinning rigs and 4-5 weight (white, chartreuse, streamers).
>>we'll fish the neuse river, the roanoke river, and the tar river. ...and,
>>depending on weather and the length of your stay, i'll show you cape
>>lookout or ocracoke.
>>
>>jeff
>

> IJ asks--will the boat hold three----I could bring recipe for shad roe
> gravy.

sure...and bringing yourownself will be gravy enough.

jeff