PDA

View Full Version : Re: Bush privatization bad for parks

Fair & Balanced Trebor ©
September 21st, 2003, 06:10 AM
On 14 Aug 2003 14:46:16 -0700, (deerlodge)
wrote:

>http://www.abqtrib.com/archives/opinions03/080503_opinions_edtue.shtml
>

>Low-bid privatization won't do for our parks
>Finally, people with a bit of clout, knowledge and elegance - two
>former secretaries of the Department of the Interior - are speaking
>against the Bush administration's plans to turn the National Park
>Service into some sort of privately run Enron, managed by private
>companies for private profit.
>
>There should be no sacred cows in this country, but our national parks
>come about as close to one as we should get.
>
>The national parks belong to the people and should be held, protected
>and managed as closely as possible "of, by and for" them. The parks
>are as essential to our character as a nation as are the Declaration
>of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. And America should continue
>to protect, manage and enjoy them with strict accountability - not
>just from public employees to the public, but from this generation to
>the next.

that sounds good but the fact is that our govenment is owned by
corporations so there is no reason the national parks shouldn't be
also. everything will eventually be "privately" owned, which means
owned by wealthy corporations, which is the government "of, by and
for" the rich people. Republicans are in power, so get used to it.