PDA

View Full Version : Time for a life change

Shawn Armstrong
September 22nd, 2003, 05:54 PM
So, I found out a couple weeks ago that my wife has been screwing around
with my boss behind my back, now it's time to start over. Considering
that I no longer have anything tying me down, I'm looking for new waters
to make my own. So, give me your recommendations for great fly fishing
waters, preferably in the Northwest. I will be leaving Alaska, and
traveling light.

Thanks for the recommendments!

Skwala
September 22nd, 2003, 06:28 PM
"Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
news:pan.2003.09.22.16.54.24.619281@NOSPAMMERalask a.edu...
> So, I found out a couple weeks ago that my wife has been screwing around
> with my boss behind my back, now it's time to start over. Considering
> that I no longer have anything tying me down, I'm looking for new waters
> to make my own. So, give me your recommendations for great fly fishing
> waters, preferably in the Northwest. I will be leaving Alaska, and
> traveling light.
>
> Thanks for the recommendments!

Montana, Wyoming, and Alberta, in that order if you have my tastes....

And, ahhhh, bummer dude.

slenon
September 22nd, 2003, 06:41 PM
Shawn:
>Thanks for the recommendments!

Any territory you haven't fished before. Hope the breakup leaves you
sufficient property to keep it together. Good luck!

----
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar
Save a cow, eat a PETA

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

Stan Gula
September 22nd, 2003, 06:46 PM
"Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
news:pan.2003.09.22.16.54.24.619281@NOSPAMMERalask a.edu...
> So, I found out a couple weeks ago that my wife has been screwing around
> with my boss behind my back, now it's time to start over. Considering
> that I no longer have anything tying me down, I'm looking for new waters
> to make my own. So, give me your recommendations for great fly fishing
> waters, preferably in the Northwest. I will be leaving Alaska, and
> traveling light.
>
> Thanks for the recommendments!

If your travels take you to New England, get in touch. I'm a newly re-born
bachelor too. Life gets better.

--Stan

rw
September 22nd, 2003, 07:03 PM
Shawn Armstrong wrote:

> I will be leaving Alaska, and traveling light.

That says it all. Good luck, Shawn.

Shawn Armstrong
September 22nd, 2003, 07:17 PM
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:46:47 +0000, Stan Gula wrote:

> "Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
> news:pan.2003.09.22.16.54.24.619281@NOSPAMMERalask a.edu...
>> So, I found out a couple weeks ago that my wife has been screwing around
>> with my boss behind my back, now it's time to start over. Considering
>> that I no longer have anything tying me down, I'm looking for new waters
>> to make my own. So, give me your recommendations for great fly fishing
>> waters, preferably in the Northwest. I will be leaving Alaska, and
>> traveling light.
>>
>> Thanks for the recommendments!
>>

> If your travels take you to New England, get in touch. I'm a newly re-born
> bachelor too. Life gets better.
>
> --Stan
I used to live back East, upstate NY to be more precise, and think I'm
gonna stick to the West for awhile. Thanks for the invite and the support
though.
--
Shawn Armstrong Lead Network Engineer
Information Technology Services Systems Services

Paul Goodwin
September 23rd, 2003, 04:10 AM
"Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
news:pan.2003.09.22.16.54.24.619281@NOSPAMMERalask a.edu...
> So, I found out a couple weeks ago that my wife has been screwing around
> with my boss behind my back, now it's time to start over. Considering
> that I no longer have anything tying me down, I'm looking for new waters
> to make my own. So, give me your recommendations for great fly fishing
> waters, preferably in the Northwest. I will be leaving Alaska, and
> traveling light.
>
> Thanks for the recommendments!

Hey, It could be worse. She could have let him use your fishing gear.

Paul (who also had a trial wife)

Bill Kiene
September 23rd, 2003, 08:37 AM
Shawn,

Somewhere between Seattle, WA and the BC/Canada border.

You might thank her some day.

Many of us have been down that highway too and survived it all.
--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
news:pan.2003.09.22.16.54.24.619281@NOSPAMMERalask a.edu...

> So, I found out a couple weeks ago that my wife has been screwing around
> with my boss behind my back, now it's time to start over. Considering
> that I no longer have anything tying me down, I'm looking for new waters
> to make my own. So, give me your recommendations for great fly fishing
> waters, preferably in the Northwest. I will be leaving Alaska, and
> traveling light.
>
> Thanks for the recommendments!

Frank Church
September 23rd, 2003, 12:15 PM
"Stan Gula" > wrote in
:

> "Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
>
> If your travels take you to New England, get in touch. I'm a newly
> re-born bachelor too. Life gets better.

Damn, must be something in the air, turns out I'm losing about 110 lbs at
the end of this year...can you spell D-I-V-O-R-C-E? This'll be my 3rd one,
and my last. Now maybe I can make one of those western claves.
Hoofukkinray!

Frank Church
...have red truck, will travel

Frank Church
September 23rd, 2003, 12:26 PM
"Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in
news:pan.2003.09.22.18.17.33.73905@NOSPAMMERalaska .edu:

> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:46:47 +0000, Stan Gula wrote:
>
>> "Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
>> news:pan.2003.09.22.16.54.24.619281@NOSPAMMERalask a.edu...
>>> So, I found out a couple weeks ago that my wife has been screwing
>>> around with my boss behind my back, now it's time to start over.
>>> Considering that I no longer have anything tying me down, I'm
>>> looking for new waters to make my own. So, give me your
>>> recommendations for great fly fishing waters, preferably in the
>>> Northwest. I will be leaving Alaska, and traveling light.

Sorry to hear that Shawn, on several levels (divorce is never fun and
****!, there goes my guide next summer!) ;-)
If your driving out, swing by Calgary, AB...I've always had a soft spot in
my heart for that town and location...helluva view of the mountains, a
clean city and the fishing opportunities must be overwhelming. And then of
course, Spokane,WA is a good spot as well, good fishing around there and
you're just a stones throw from Idaho...ah, wait a minute, mebbe RW is
taking in renters in his cabin... :) :) :)

Frank Church
...divorce must be catching, see my post to Stan Gula :(

Tim J.
September 23rd, 2003, 12:50 PM
"Frank Church" wrote...
> "Stan Gula" wrote:
> > "Shawn Armstrong" wrote:
> >
> > If your travels take you to New England, get in touch. I'm a newly
> > re-born bachelor too. Life gets better.
>
> Damn, must be something in the air, turns out I'm losing about 110 lbs at
> the end of this year...can you spell D-I-V-O-R-C-E? This'll be my 3rd one,
> and my last. Now maybe I can make one of those western claves.
> Hoofukkinray!

Sorry to hear that, Frank. The up side is that you now have enough time to make
a pit stop in Western Mass. on your way to and from Maine. I'll show you how to
use that new bamboo rod. ;-)

Good luck to both youse guys.
--
TL,
Tim

Frank Church
September 23rd, 2003, 02:58 PM
"Tim J." > wrote in
:

> "Frank Church" wrote...
>> "Stan Gula" wrote:
>> > "Shawn Armstrong" wrote:
> Sorry to hear that, Frank. The up side is that you now have enough
> time to make a pit stop in Western Mass. on your way to and from
> Maine. I'll show you how to use that new bamboo rod. ;-)
>
> Good luck to both youse guys.

Tim, I'd be proud to have you as my instructor...whereabouts are you
located? That rod is a sure thing now and it should be ready by next
spring.

--
Frank Church
Elkhart, IN

}<((((o> ~~~ }<((((o> ~~~ }<((((o> ~~~ }<(((o>

Tim J.
September 23rd, 2003, 03:37 PM
"Frank Church" wrote...
> "Tim J." wrote:

> > Sorry to hear that, Frank. The up side is that you now have enough
> > time to make a pit stop in Western Mass. on your way to and from
> > Maine. I'll show you how to use that new bamboo rod. ;-)
> >
> > Good luck to both youse guys.
>
> Tim, I'd be proud to have you as my instructor...whereabouts are you
> located? That rod is a sure thing now and it should be ready by next
> spring.

Elevated from newbie to instructor in one post - I like that. :) There's a
gaggle (peck?) of roffians located here in the greater Springfield, MA area or
within an hour or so driving time. We could make sure you get a line wet long
enough to distract you and make off with your 'boo.

Rumor has it there was a one-day mini-clave on the Quaboag River at some point.
We could try and organize a repeat performance.
--
TL,
Tim

Frank Church
September 23rd, 2003, 03:54 PM
"Tim J." > wrote in
:

> "Frank Church" wrote...
>> "Tim J." wrote:
>>
>> > "Frank Church" wrote...
>
> Elevated from newbie to instructor in one post - I like that. :)
> There's a gaggle (peck?) of roffians located here in the greater
> Springfield, MA area or within an hour or so driving time. We could
> make sure you get a line wet long enough to distract you and make off
> with your 'boo.
>
> Rumor has it there was a one-day mini-clave on the Quaboag River at
> some point. We could try and organize a repeat performance.

Well, you know what they say, "flattery will get you _______" fill in your
choice. :) Well heck, you and Stan (the guy with the hat backwards and a
goofy look on his face) re: Willi's roff pictures, are practically
neighbors. I may have to chain that 'boo to my wrist it seems. :)

--
Frank Church
Elkhart, IN

}<((((o> ~~~ }<((((o> ~~~ }<((((o> ~~~ }<(((o>

Jeff Taylor
September 23rd, 2003, 03:56 PM
"Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
news:pan.2003.09.22.16.54.24.619281@NOSPAMMERalask a.edu...
> So, give me your recommendations for great fly fishing
> waters, preferably in the Northwest.

I am taking off today at noon for Kelly Creek and the North Fork of the
Clearwater for six days. Not sure when you are leaving Alaska, however you
will find some great fishing if you head in our direction.

We will be camping at either Kelly Forks or Cold Springs... Stop in and I
will buy you a cold one and we can swap stories. Went through it myself
about 11 years ago. In hind sight...the best thing that ever happened, at
the time fairly devastating.
I have been with my wife (Dawn) 10 years and married to her for 5. She
actually like to see me go on a fishing trip and have a good time and a time
or three a year, she will go along and throw a fly around too.

Best of luck to you,
Jeff

Paul Goodwin
September 23rd, 2003, 04:13 PM
"Frank Church" > wrote in message
s.com...
> "Tim J." > wrote in
> :

[snip]

> > Rumor has it there was a one-day mini-clave on the Quaboag River at
> > some point. We could try and organize a repeat performance.
>
> Well, you know what they say, "flattery will get you _______"

Divorced?

Tim J.
September 23rd, 2003, 04:15 PM
"Frank Church" wrote...
> "Tim J." wrote:
> >
> > Elevated from newbie to instructor in one post - I like that. :)
> > There's a gaggle (peck?) of roffians located here in the greater
> > Springfield, MA area or within an hour or so driving time. We could
> > make sure you get a line wet long enough to distract you and make off
> > with your 'boo.
> >
> > Rumor has it there was a one-day mini-clave on the Quaboag River at
> > some point. We could try and organize a repeat performance.
>
> Well, you know what they say, "flattery will get you _______" fill in your
> choice. :) Well heck, you and Stan (the guy with the hat backwards and a
> goofy look on his face) re: Willi's roff pictures, are practically
> neighbors. I may have to chain that 'boo to my wrist it seems. :)

Stan always has that goofy look on his face - it's not just the picture. There
are five or six folks we could probable scare up around the area depending on
schedules and such. One of us is sure to have a hack saw.
--
TL,
Tim

Tom Gibson
September 23rd, 2003, 04:21 PM
"Shawn Armstrong" > wrote...
> So, I found out a couple weeks ago that my wife has been screwing around
> with my boss behind my back, now it's time to start over. Considering
> that I no longer have anything tying me down, I'm looking for new waters
> to make my own. So, give me your recommendations for great fly fishing
> waters, preferably in the Northwest. I will be leaving Alaska, and
> traveling light.
>
> Thanks for the recommendments!

Coastal Oregon is pretty nice. Having lived in AK for 5 years
(Homer), I can tell you that I *really* miss living near the ocean.
The fishing here in central PA is excellent but it'd be awfully nice
to smell salt air (and catch sal****er fish) more than once or twice a
year.

Tom G
bummer, dude

William Claspy
September 23rd, 2003, 07:21 PM
On 9/22/03 1:46 PM, in article ,
"Stan Gula" > wrote:

> "Shawn Armstrong" > wrote in message
> news:pan.2003.09.22.16.54.24.619281@NOSPAMMERalask a.edu...
>> So, I found out a couple weeks ago that my wife has been screwing around
>> with my boss behind my back, now it's time to start over. Considering
>> that I no longer have anything tying me down, I'm looking for new waters
>> to make my own. So, give me your recommendations for great fly fishing
>> waters, preferably in the Northwest. I will be leaving Alaska, and
>> traveling light.
>>
>> Thanks for the recommendments!
>>

> If your travels take you to New England, get in touch. I'm a newly re-born
> bachelor too. Life gets better.

Damn, that's good to hear, 'cause it doesn't look so great from here....

Bill

Clark Reid
September 23rd, 2003, 07:26 PM
Sorry to hear of the life turns you guys are both dealing with. I've never
been formally divorced, mainly because I've never been formally married but
have been through two major long term relationships (Living in sin more than
4 years) and was devastated when each one ended so I feel for you, but, if I
hadn't been through them I wouldn't have what I have now... it's all for the
better down the track a bit....

Good luck to you both...
--
Clark Reid
http://www.dryflynz.com

Tom Gibson
September 24th, 2003, 01:52 PM
"Clark Reid" > wrote in message >...
> Sorry to hear of the life turns you guys are both dealing with. I've never
> been formally divorced, mainly because I've never been formally married but
> have been through two major long term relationships (Living in sin more than
> 4 years) and was devastated when each one ended so I feel for you, but, if I
> hadn't been through them I wouldn't have what I have now... it's all for the
> better down the track a bit....
>
> Good luck to you both...

Uh, Clark, my marriage is going great. In fact, today is my 9th
anniversary. I too feel sorry for Shawn--what a ****ty way for a
marriage to end--and I appreciate your undeserved symapthy as well.
;-)

Tom G

Clark Reid
September 24th, 2003, 10:37 PM
"Tom Gibson" > wrote in message
m...
> "Clark Reid" > wrote in message
> > Sorry to hear of the life turns you guys are both dealing with. I've
never
> > been formally divorced, mainly because I've never been formally married
but
> > have been through two major long term relationships (Living in sin more
than
> > 4 years) and was devastated when each one ended so I feel for you, but,
if I
> > hadn't been through them I wouldn't have what I have now... it's all for
the
> > better down the track a bit....
> >
> > Good luck to you both...
>
> Uh, Clark, my marriage is going great. In fact, today is my 9th
> anniversary. I too feel sorry for Shawn--what a ****ty way for a
> marriage to end--and I appreciate your undeserved symapthy as well.
> ;-)
>
> Tom G

Oops, my apologies for you, sympathy for Shawn.. :)

--
Clark Reid
http://www.dryflynz.com

Warren
September 26th, 2003, 08:05 AM
wrote...
> So, I found out a couple weeks ago that my wife has been screwing around
> with my boss behind my back, now it's time to start over. Considering
> that I no longer have anything tying me down, I'm looking for new waters
> to make my own. So, give me your recommendations for great fly fishing
> waters, preferably in the Northwest. I will be leaving Alaska, and
> traveling light.
>
> Thanks for the recommendments!

Shawn,

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. I wish I could offer
you some advice having been down that long, painful road but
honestly it is going to be something that you have to figure
out on your own.

I will give you some advice based upon my past experience.
When I first hit that patch of black ice, there were two
people here on ROFF (just cranked out Tangled Up In Blue again
tonight. thanks wayno!) who really lifted my spirits out of
the ****ter and started me down another path. I didn't need
to move, but merely change my perspective. When the **** hits
the fan, I often fantasize about moving to Alaska to get away
from the bull****, but moving wouldn't change anything.

Moving back to the lower 48 isn't your best bet IMO. You
should think about moving farther away from you ex and having
even more fun. You no longer have an anchor weighing you down
and can now go out and do the things that make you happy. If
moving is what you think will make you happy, then go on
vacation for a few weeks and just explore those "places out
west" that may bring you happiness until you find the right
one.

Just remember that you hit a speed bump in life, nothing more.
If you have kid(s), do all you can for them and don't run from
your ex. The better the relationship you can foster with the
kid(s), the better. Children aren't the responsible ones in
this mess called divorce and don't forget that. My daughter
is still the best thing that ever happened to me and my ex
will never be able to change that fact even though she has
often tried. Children are the innocent bystanders and putting
more distance between you will not heal the wounds that you
are now feeling. Not having your kid(s) around will only make
the pain worse. Trust me, I tried.....

Reach down below, sack up and simply soldier on with a one
finger salute and do what it is that you need to do in life.
If moving is what it takes to make you happy, then move. If
you can still find happiness where you are at, then stay. But
don't run away from the problem because it will only make
things worse in the long run. You very well could move to
someplace that will only make you more miserable than staying
and dealing with a feisty ex in a divorce battle.

Just my $.02 so take it for what it's worth.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

riverman
September 26th, 2003, 08:50 AM
"Warren" > wrote in message
> [...]
> often tried. Children are the innocent bystanders and putting
> more distance between you will not heal the wounds that you
> are now feeling. Not having your kid(s) around will only make
> the pain worse. Trust me, I tried.....
>
> Reach down below, sack up and simply soldier on with a one
> finger salute and do what it is that you need to do in life.
> If moving is what it takes to make you happy, then move. If
> you can still find happiness where you are at, then stay. But
> don't run away from the problem because it will only make
> things worse in the long run. You very well could move to
> someplace that will only make you more miserable than staying
> and dealing with a feisty ex in a divorce battle.
>
> Just my $.02 so take it for what it's worth.
> --
> Warren
> (use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)

Shawn: When I first read your post, I knew there was something I wanted to
say to you, but I couldn't reach it. What Warren says is exactly what I
wanted to express: don't leave town.

I'm someone who spends his life moving from one place to another, and
although the lure of 'starting new somewhere else' seems appealing and like
it will make it easier to heal over a trauma, in fact, moving is itself such
a trauma that it distracts you from recovering from the other. Even when
your life is fine, your marriage intact, your kids doing well in school and
you feel great about yourself, the first few weeks of a move are horrendous.
It takes a long time to develop a support network of friends, and when you
move, you have no one who knows who you are. You don't know where the
grocery store is, if the apartment you chose was in a good part of town, who
to work for, your checks are no good at the hardware store, etc. Sure, you
get the chance to re-create yourself, but that takes a tremendous amount of
time and energy, and the willingness of empathetic people around you. You
don't get that when you roll into town reeling from a divorce; you get a lot
of people staring and talking about you, or worse yet; ignoring you. And
coming in from Alaska to the lower 48 is, to most flatlanders, like coming
in from Mars. They won't understand you.

OTOH, consider the situation if you move to a nearby region, where your
friends can still get to you, where you can still get to places that give
you roots, give you time to walk and think about your choices while you are
still inside your own mind, where you already know things like where the
bank is, when to pay the electric bill, where to get a bottle of scotch,
where to cast a line... Later, once you have gotten over the divorce enough
to move on (like a year or more later...), then if you want to move and
change the view, its YOU who is moving; not some hurting person looking to
begin from zero, making choices when they are not in the right mind to do
so.

It will certainly take time to recover from a divorce. I've never been
married, but I was devistated by the ending of a 4-year relationship and if
getting divorced is as bad as that (I know its even worse), then I know you
will need all the support you can get. Posting to roff was certainly a
request for some support from sympathetic strangers, and as much as we are
all as supportive as we can be, its nothing compared to sitting right across
the table from a good friend, sharing your fears and angers, and knowing
that they know who you <really> are. You won't have that if you relocate.

Hang in there, and I'm glad you got ROFF to talk to! But we're not enough,
as much as we want to be.

--Myron

Wayne Harrison
September 26th, 2003, 11:25 AM
"Warren" > wrote
> Shawn,
> I will give you some advice based upon my past experience.
(snip)

i'm proud of you, bud.

yfitons
wayno

Frank Reid
September 26th, 2003, 11:44 AM
> Reach down below, sack up and simply soldier on with a one
> finger salute and do what it is that you need to do in life.
> Just my $.02 so take it for what it's worth.
> --
> Warren

Two of the most valuable pennies I've ever seen.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Jeff Miller
September 26th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Shawn Armstrong wrote:

(changin life in a hurry stuff)

shawn - why are you leaving alaska? if you've lost your job, or simply
don't like the place, fine. but if it's just an emotional reaction to
the marital situation and pain, i'd say reconsider. it will take a good
while to resolve your feelings, but running to a new address is rarely
the solution. it's your boss and wife who ought to be moving on.
aren't there university policies and grievance mechanisms to help you
avoid contact with the boss? my experience with folks who think
geography resolves marital strife has not been positive. if you've got
a good job, don't voluntarily surrender it without some serious and
deliberate thought. if you like your community, job, and friends in
alaska, why divorce yourself from them?

i don't know you or your situation, but generally i'd suggest staying
put, spending time with your close friends and support group, doing work
you like, pursue hobbies, and knowing that you will survive and endure
this difficult event. the pain and problems to be dealt with are
usually internal, and the geography ain't gonna fix that. you're more
likely to rebuild a happy life in a place you know and like, around
people and work you know and like. but...if you gotta leave... well
alaska's a big place, but montana is mighty nice too.

jeff

Jeff Miller
September 26th, 2003, 01:32 PM
ditto...

Wayne Harrison wrote:

> i'm proud of you, bud.

slenon
September 26th, 2003, 03:36 PM
>> Reach down below, sack up and simply soldier on with a one
> finger salute and do what it is that you need to do in life.
> Just my $.02 so take it for what it's worth.
> --
> Warren

Wonderful advice. Doing what makes you happy is the best course of action
to follow. One morning you'll wake up and recognize that you're over the
hump, and have survived the past. You can walk out the door, offer Warren's
salute with a sardonic grin on your face and go about your life knowing that
your happiness will at least irritate her every time she hears of it.

----
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar
Save a cow, eat a PETA

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

Tim J.
September 27th, 2003, 01:56 AM
"slenon" wrote...

> You can walk out the door, offer Warren's
> salute with a sardonic grin on your face and go about your life knowing that
> your happiness will at least irritate her every time she hears of it.

I've never been through such an ordeal, but I can't believe irritating someone
else would indicate a truly happy individual. I would think the real indication
of some semblance of happiness and inner peace would be when you realize you no
longer give a thought one way or the other about her.
--
TL,
Tim

slenon
September 27th, 2003, 02:36 AM
> I would think the real indication of some semblance of happiness and inner
peace would be when you realize you no
>longer give a thought one way or the other about her.
>Tim

If you still flip the digital salute, Warren's suggestion not mine, then you
are still thinking about whomever is being saluted. In my case, I no longer
think about my first wife in any manner or fashion. And you are correct.
It is peaceful.

----
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar
Save a cow, eat a PETA

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

Wolfgang
September 27th, 2003, 03:22 AM
"Tim J." > wrote in message

> "slenon" wrote...
>
> > You can walk out the door, offer Warren's
> > salute with a sardonic grin on your face and go about your life knowing
that
> > your happiness will at least irritate her every time she hears of it.

Nope.

> I've never been through such an ordeal, but I can't believe irritating
someone
> else would indicate a truly happy individual. I would think the real
indication
> of some semblance of happiness and inner peace would be when you realize
you no
> longer give a thought one way or the other about her.

And nope. Life is a gift. It's kind of ungracious to say, "Hey, I like
this shiny bit here.........you can keep the rest of this ****."

Wolfgang
um......well, boils......and poison ivy....yeah, you can keep that ****.
:(

Tim J.
September 27th, 2003, 04:36 AM
"Wolfgang" wrote...
> "Tim J." wrote...
> > "slenon" wrote...
> >
> > > You can walk out the door, offer Warren's
> > > salute with a sardonic grin on your face and
> > > go about your life knowing that your happiness
> > > will at least irritate her every time she hears of it.
>
> Nope.
>
> > I've never been through such an ordeal, but I can't believe irritating
> > someone else would indicate a truly happy individual. I would think
> > the real indication of some semblance of happiness and inner peace
> > would be when you realize you no longer give a thought one way
> > or the other about her.
>
> And nope. Life is a gift. It's kind of ungracious to say, "Hey, I like
> this shiny bit here.........you can keep the rest of this ****."

Hmmm, gift or not, I've always had a soft spot for the shiny bits, but this
doesn't go far towards explaining my enjoyment of roff.

> Wolfgang
> um......well, boils......and poison ivy....yeah, you can keep that ****. . .

and Laphroaig and Lagavulin - that stuff ranks up there with pestilence and
plague.
--
TL,
Tim

September 27th, 2003, 02:18 PM
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:37:05 GMT, "Bill Kiene" >
wrote:

>Shawn,
>
>Somewhere between Seattle, WA and the BC/Canada border.

Um...Bill

I'm looking for a plan B....er b (where I'd like to live) in case plan
A (where the wife sez we'll live) falls through. Have you spent much
time there? How's the trout & salt water fishing? Weather other than
wet? Cost of living?

Kiyu

Chas Wade
September 28th, 2003, 04:58 AM
Warren > wrote:
.... a delightfully articulate set of advice ...

There's no substitute for experience. So many people study psychology
or councelling, but don't know what's up. This reads for me as a
heartfelt essay that the academics couldn't match.

Print this out and give it to the local head hunter. They'll find you
that job you're looking for.

Thanks for the posting.

Chas
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html