PDA

View Full Version : Flies

Peter A. Collin
February 25th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I have a friend coming this June from Maine to fish with me in NY. I am
so excited for him to come that I tied this box of flies for him to use
while he is here. These are patterns that I have found to work in 14
years of living here.

Tim J.
February 25th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Peter A. Collin > typed:
> I have a friend coming this June from Maine to fish with me in NY. I
> am so excited for him to come that I tied this box of flies for him
> to use while he is here. These are patterns that I have found to
> work in 14 years of living here.

Can I come for a visit, too? ;-) Nice flies, Peter.
--
TL,
Tim

Tim Lysyk
February 25th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Peter A. Collin wrote:
> I have a friend coming this June from Maine to fish with me in NY. I am
> so excited for him to come that I tied this box of flies for him to use
> while he is here. These are patterns that I have found to work in 14
> years of living here.

They are beautiful. What is the pattern in the lower right corner?

Tim Lysyk

Peter A. Collin
February 26th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Tim Lysyk wrote:

> They are beautiful. What is the pattern in the lower right corner?
>
> Tim Lysyk

Those are Ausable Wulffs. I like tying them. The original pattern
calls for a body dubbed with "urine burned belly fur of an australian
possum". Can't imagine where Fran Betters first got a hold of that
pelt. These days I just use march brown colored beaver dubbing and call
it good. Every so often I acquire a pinch of the real stuff, which is
sort of nifty.

Pete Collin

The Great Gazooka
February 28th, 2007, 03:56 AM
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:38:24 -0500, "Peter A. Collin"
> wrote:

>Tim Lysyk wrote:
>

>> They are beautiful. What is the pattern in the lower right corner?
>>
>> Tim Lysyk
>
>Those are Ausable Wulffs. I like tying them. The original pattern
>calls for a body dubbed with "urine burned belly fur of an australian
>possum". Can't imagine where Fran Betters first got a hold of that
>pelt. These days I just use march brown colored beaver dubbing and call
>it good. Every so often I acquire a pinch of the real stuff, which is
>sort of nifty.
>
>Pete Collin
Those are nice Peter.