PDA

View Full Version : Huge Northern!

fganje
March 9th, 2007, 04:40 PM
while in the process of reeling in the little pike (36 inches) the big pike
(54 inches, 44 pounds) decided to have a late lunch.

Caught on Rainy River (Minnesota)

Fred Lebow
March 9th, 2007, 04:53 PM
From: "fganje"
...> while in the process of reeling
in the little pike (36 inches) the big pike
> (54 inches, 44 pounds) decided to have a late lunch.
>
> Caught on Rainy River (Minnesota)

Great shots!
Thanks

Fred

">

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
March 9th, 2007, 04:54 PM
"fganje" > wrote in message
> while in the process of reeling in the little pike (36 inches) the big
> pike
> (54 inches, 44 pounds) decided to have a late lunch.
>
> Caught on Rainy River (Minnesota)

I don't know about the top picture, but I do know the bottom picture is of
an angler and his catch, from Holland. The pike being held was 50 inches,
43 pounds. This was in Esox Magazine recently.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

fganje
March 9th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the info...... I received the pictures today from a Montana
friend and forwarded them . After looking a little closer at them I don't
think the two fish are the same. But they are nice pics and things are a
little slow this time of year.....

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "fganje" > wrote in message
>> while in the process of reeling in the little pike (36 inches) the big
>> pike
>> (54 inches, 44 pounds) decided to have a late lunch.
>>
>> Caught on Rainy River (Minnesota)
>
> I don't know about the top picture, but I do know the bottom picture is of
> an angler and his catch, from Holland. The pike being held was 50 inches,
> 43 pounds. This was in Esox Magazine recently.
> --
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Donny Nelms
March 9th, 2007, 06:48 PM
that would be some good eatin'!

--

Donny Nelms

Union Electricians Do "IT" Without Shorts!
"fganje" > wrote in message
> while in the process of reeling in the little pike (36 inches) the big
> pike
> (54 inches, 44 pounds) decided to have a late lunch.
>
> Caught on Rainy River (Minnesota)

The Great Gazooka
March 9th, 2007, 07:07 PM
On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 09:40:35 -0600, "fganje" >
wrote:

>while in the process of reeling in the little pike (36 inches) the big pike
>(54 inches, 44 pounds) decided to have a late lunch.
>
>Caught on Rainy River (Minnesota)

That`s almost as big as those brookies that Steve used to catch on a
daily basis and pan fry with a little French bread and potatoes au
gratin that he whipped up in 5 minutes every morning. Man did he sleep
good! By golly.

Doug
March 10th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Wherever that picture came from, that is simply incredible! Thanks for the
post! Amazing...

Doug