PDA

View Full Version : Which floating line?

Mondo Kongswat
September 24th, 2003, 02:21 PM
It looks like it's time to retire my # 7 floating line to back yard practice
casting duty.

The new line will be going on a Penn Silver Label 6/7 weight. It gets most of
it's use on large rivers but occasionally out on the lake too and perhaps a
foray or two out into the Puget Sound sal****er. Any recommendations would be
most helpful.

Thanks!
Maurice

Sierra fisher
September 24th, 2003, 04:05 PM
What are you after, a distance line or a preentation line? Few if any lines
will do both really well though most line companies offer a compromise line.
"Mondo Kongswat" > wrote in message
> It looks like it's time to retire my # 7 floating line to back yard
practice
> casting duty.
>
> The new line will be going on a Penn Silver Label 6/7 weight. It gets most
of
> it's use on large rivers but occasionally out on the lake too and perhaps
> foray or two out into the Puget Sound sal****er. Any recommendations
would be
> most helpful.
>
> Thanks!
> Maurice

---

Cornmuse
September 24th, 2003, 05:00 PM
FWIW, the best "general purpose" line I own for that size rod is an Orvis
Advantage Wonderline in Bass Bug taper. It's green, shoots very well, loads
easily and handles well in everything from below-freezing striper fishing on
the Ohio R in November to tossing medium bugs for Florida Largemouth in
June. Used it extensively this season as my primary rig.

YMMV

Joe C.