PDA

View Full Version : Marsh Creek

rw
March 12th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I was skating the crust at Marsh Creek meadow this morning. Marsh Creek
is the headwaters of the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in central
Idaho. The Sawtooth Mountains are in the background and my skiing
companion is in the foreground. In the the summer Marsh Creek holds
spawning native (non-hatchery) Chinook salmon. Unfortunately, non-native
brook trout ruin this otherwise ideal spawning water.

Daniel-San
March 12th, 2007, 08:45 PM
"rw" wrote...
>I was skating the crust at Marsh Creek meadow this morning. Marsh Creek
> is the headwaters of the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in central
> Idaho. The Sawtooth Mountains are in the background and my skiing
> companion is in the foreground. In the the summer Marsh Creek holds
> spawning native (non-hatchery) Chinook salmon. Unfortunately, non-native
> brook trout ruin this otherwise ideal spawning water.

Apparently, Idaho is one ugly place. :-)

Nice pic, thanks again for feeding my cabin (library) fever.

Dan

rw
March 12th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Daniel-San wrote:
> "rw" wrote...
>
>>I was skating the crust at Marsh Creek meadow this morning. Marsh Creek
>>is the headwaters of the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in central
>>Idaho. The Sawtooth Mountains are in the background and my skiing
>>companion is in the foreground. In the the summer Marsh Creek holds
>>spawning native (non-hatchery) Chinook salmon. Unfortunately, non-native
>>brook trout ruin this otherwise ideal spawning water.
>>

> Apparently, Idaho is one ugly place. :-)

Some parts are. Some aren't.

Fred Lebow
March 12th, 2007, 11:13 PM
> wrote in message
...>I was skating the
crust at Marsh Creek meadow this morning. Marsh Creek
> is the headwaters of the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in central
> Idaho. The Sawtooth Mountains are in the background and my skiing
> companion is in the foreground. In the the summer Marsh Creek holds
> spawning native (non-hatchery) Chinook salmon. Unfortunately, non-native
> brook trout ruin this otherwise ideal spawning water.
>
> --

Is that a border collie in the foreground?

Fred

rw
March 13th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Fred Lebow wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ...>I was skating the
> crust at Marsh Creek meadow this morning. Marsh Creek
>
>>is the headwaters of the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in central
>>Idaho. The Sawtooth Mountains are in the background and my skiing
>>companion is in the foreground. In the the summer Marsh Creek holds
>>spawning native (non-hatchery) Chinook salmon. Unfortunately, non-native
>>brook trout ruin this otherwise ideal spawning water.
>>
>>--
>

> Is that a border collie in the foreground?

Yes, but it's not just any Border Collie. It's my Border Collie, Bee,
whose grandfather was Ben, a British sheepherding champion. Bee has
every characteristic of her grandfather. She can herd both sheep and
cows like you would not believe your eyes. The horses and mules pretty
much ignore her.

Anyway, she's an excellent skiing companion. She's tireless at six years
old. She loves to go fishing, too. She just watches, intensely.

Fred Lebow
March 13th, 2007, 03:29 AM
> wrote in message
>> ...>I was skating the
>> crust at Marsh Creek meadow this morning. Marsh Creek
>>
>>>is the headwaters of the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in central
>>>Idaho. The Sawtooth Mountains are in the background and my skiing
>>>companion is in the foreground. In the the summer Marsh Creek holds
>>>spawning native (non-hatchery) Chinook salmon. Unfortunately, non-native
>>>brook trout ruin this otherwise ideal spawning water.
>>
>> Is that a border collie in the foreground?
>
> Yes, but it's not just any Border Collie. It's my Border Collie, Bee,
> whose grandfather was Ben, a British sheepherding champion. Bee has every
> characteristic of her grandfather. She can herd both sheep and cows like
> you would not believe your eyes. The horses and mules pretty much ignore
> her.
>
> Anyway, she's an excellent skiing companion. She's tireless at six years
> old. She loves to go fishing, too. She just watches, intensely.

We have Tweed who at 4 is also an excellet skiing companion.
He herds all the dogs, kids and cats on our property - and sometinmes cars
However - we are getting 2 goats this spring
His life will change

What wonderful , cute and loyal dogs!
I love border colies!

Sincerely
Fred
..

rw
March 13th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Fred Lebow wrote:

> We have Tweed who at 4 is also an excellet skiing companion.
> He herds all the dogs, kids and cats on our property - and sometinmes cars
> However - we are getting 2 goats this spring
> His life will change

HIS life will change? Think about the poor goats. :-)

Peter A. Collin
March 13th, 2007, 02:14 PM

> Yes, but it's not just any Border Collie. It's my Border Collie, Bee,
> whose grandfather was Ben, a British sheepherding champion. Bee has
> every characteristic of her grandfather. She can herd both sheep and
> cows like you would not believe your eyes. The horses and mules pretty
> much ignore her.
>
> Anyway, she's an excellent skiing companion. She's tireless at six years
> old. She loves to go fishing, too. She just watches, intensely.

While we are on the subject of dogs.....

This is my English Shepherd, Fleece. Everybody thinks he is a border
collie because the two breeds begin from the same lineage. He has been
fishing with me and working with me in the woods all of his 7 years.
Still acts like a pup.

Pete

George
March 16th, 2007, 03:40 AM
> HIS life will change? Think about the poor goats. :-)

I didn't think goats would play that game. What have you seen?
George in Las Vegas

rw
March 16th, 2007, 05:34 AM
George wrote:
>>HIS life will change? Think about the poor goats. :-)
>>

> I didn't think goats would play that game. What have you seen?
> George in Las Vegas

My border collie has never seen goats, except from the car. My educated
guess is that given the chance she'd be on their case and that they'd
fold like a cheap suit.