PDA

View Full Version : FAJFNLIADD Fly Swap news

Tim J.
September 24th, 2003, 05:33 PM
All the flies but four have arrived now. Out of the four remaining, three are
definitely in the mail (?), and one tyer is MIA and I'm unable to contact them.
The MIA flies MAY have been mailed, but I just don't know for sure.

Because some the remaining flies will most likely be arriving after tomorrow, I
may not be able to get them sorted and mailed back until the week of October 6.
I have out of town visitors arriving Friday who will be here for ten days eating
my food, demanding my attention, and drinking my scotch - not my Dalwhinnie or
Balvenie, but the stuff reserved for such trespassers.

These flies will be worth the wait. Each one has been a pleasure to view and I
think all of you will be please with the results. Thanks to all of the
participants - next year Joe will be back, I hope, in the official DDFS
Swapmeister throne.
--
TL,
Tim

slenon
September 24th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Take the time you need to sort and mail without increasing your personal
distress levels more than can be avoided. From my end, I had fun tying
them, am having fun anticipating the arrival of the return package, and
small delays are of no concern.

----
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar
Save a cow, eat a PETA

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

Brimbum
September 24th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Tim wrote:snip>Because some the remaining flies will most likely be arriving
after tomorrow,
>may not be able to get them sorted and mailed back until the week of October
>6.

No problem as far as I am concerned. I will have them to look forward to after
returning from north Carolina and chasing brookies and hangovers for a week.

Big Dale

Joshua Rosenblatt
September 24th, 2003, 10:15 PM
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:33:12 -0400, "Tim J."
> wrote:

>All the flies but four have arrived now. Out of the four remaining, three are
>definitely in the mail (?), and one tyer is MIA and I'm unable to contact them.
>The MIA flies MAY have been mailed, but I just don't know for sure.
>
>Because some the remaining flies will most likely be arriving after tomorrow, I
>may not be able to get them sorted and mailed back until the week of October 6.
>I have out of town visitors arriving Friday who will be here for ten days eating
>my food, demanding my attention, and drinking my scotch - not my Dalwhinnie or
>Balvenie, but the stuff reserved for such trespassers.
>
>These flies will be worth the wait. Each one has been a pleasure to view and I
>think all of you will be please with the results. Thanks to all of the
>participants - next year Joe will be back, I hope, in the official DDFS
>Swapmeister throne.

the olive hare's ear nymphs are en route... ETA Thursday (Friday at
latest)

AFAIAC don't rush the return parcels.... and *try* to enjoy the
Glenlivet LOL

Joshua

Stan Gula
September 25th, 2003, 12:02 AM
"Tim J." > wrote in message
> All the flies but four have arrived now. Out of the four remaining, three
are
> definitely in the mail (?), and one tyer is MIA and I'm unable to contact
them.
> The MIA flies MAY have been mailed, but I just don't know for sure.
>
> Because some the remaining flies will most likely be arriving after
tomorrow, I
> may not be able to get them sorted and mailed back until the week of
October 6.
> I have out of town visitors arriving Friday who will be here for ten days
eating
> my food, demanding my attention, and drinking my scotch - not my
Dalwhinnie or
> Balvenie, but the stuff reserved for such trespassers.

Oh, sure, after I wear my fingertips down to the bone to get them tied on
time<g>. I would be happy to help out by sorting them for you if you're too
busy. You will still have to make the run to the PO (and I will get mine
sooner...). Let me know. BTW - if you're reading this Wed. PM, Jim and I
are meeting at the Post Road Pub at 7:30 for a couple of slow ones. Don't
you have an 'important meeting'???

Tim J.
September 25th, 2003, 03:02 AM
"Stan Gula" wrote...
> "Tim J." wrote...
> > . . .Because some the remaining flies will most likely be arriving after
> tomorrow, I
> > may not be able to get them sorted and mailed back until the week of
> October 6.

> Oh, sure, after I wear my fingertips down to the bone to get them tied on
> time<g>. I would be happy to help out by sorting them for you if you're too
> busy. You will still have to make the run to the PO (and I will get mine
> sooner...). Let me know.

Thanks, Stan, but I'm going to TRY and get the sorting done some morning while
the freeloa. . . guests are here IF ALL THE FLIES ARRIVE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS
(WINK, WINK, NUDGE, NUDGE.) If I get really tied up, I'll give a yell.

> BTW - if you're reading this Wed. PM, Jim and I
> are meeting at the Post Road Pub at 7:30 for a couple of slow ones. Don't
> you have an 'important meeting'???

I did indeed. My lovely wife and I went to the Eastern States Exposition and had
a grand ol' time.

Still putting the moves on the barmaid? <G>
--
TL,
Tim

Gordon Burr
September 25th, 2003, 03:37 AM
All the time you want. I plan on being in the northern NY regions doing some
brookie and brown fishing myself. Also plan to hit some smaller streams for
some salmon and steelhead.

Can't wait to see the flies. Had a great time tying them, but will get better
as time goes by.
The worst day on the water beats the best day in the office.

Gordo