PDA

View Full Version : Big Wood

rw
March 17th, 2007, 01:03 AM
It's not a great photo or a great fish, but it's my first trout this
season, and on a dry fly.

Caught on a hi-vis Griffith's gnat during a pretty good midge hatch.
Multiple refusals. The hatch was suddenly over, the fish stopped feeding
on the surface, and I discovered I'd not packed any indicators in my
new-season vest. ****.

I used a big stimulator for an indicator and caught a couple more with a
red larva.

The second photo shows the spot.

Willi
March 17th, 2007, 01:48 AM
rw wrote:
> It's not a great photo or a great fish, but it's my first trout this
> season, and on a dry fly.

Cool!

Here's mine, probably about the same size on a 22 sprout. As you can
see, we need some more water in the river. Spooky fish

Willi

jeff
March 17th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Willi wrote:
> rw wrote:
>
>> It's not a great photo or a great fish, but it's my first trout this
>> season, and on a dry fly.
>

> Cool!
>
> Here's mine, probably about the same size on a 22 sprout. As you can
> see, we need some more water in the river. Spooky fish
>
> Willi

i never tire of seeing y'all's photos of western trout and trout waters.
thanks for posting. july can't arrive soon enough...

Dawn Moe
March 18th, 2007, 02:35 AM
"Willi" > wrote in message
> rw wrote:
>> It's not a great photo or a great fish, but it's my first trout this
>> season, and on a dry fly.
>

> Cool!
>
> Here's mine, probably about the same size on a 22 sprout. As you can
> see, we need some more water in the river. Spooky fish
>
> Willi

Nice photo, I like the way you were able to capture the bright colors on
that fish.

Jeremy Moe