PDA

View Full Version : nets

bbear
September 26th, 2003, 12:04 AM
Any idea why wooden nets tend to use fine mesh and the others use course
mesh?
It would seem to me that the fine mesh would be kinder to the fish and not
suffer so much for getting tangled in everything it can find, in the case of
colapsables that includes it's self!
B Bear

Frank Reid
September 26th, 2003, 03:08 AM
> Any idea why wooden nets tend to use fine mesh and the others use course
> mesh?
> It would seem to me that the fine mesh would be kinder to the fish and not
> suffer so much for getting tangled in everything it can find, in the case
of
> colapsables that includes it's self!
> B Bear

The finer nets, found on the finer nets are knotless. Less damage to the
fish. Smoother fabric and all that. The cheaper nets have cheaper nets.
You can buy a finer net to put on your cheaper net. I've got a fine net on
my cheaper collapsible net.
Tomorrow, we'll discuss dolphin panels on drift nets.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply