PDA

View Full Version : surprise

Rodney Long
March 24th, 2007, 02:31 AM
I actually snagged this beast with a long shank number 8 hook, they were
thick in this area as this is just one of two I snagged, in 20 min. I
was fishing right at the fill pump discharge (17,000 GM) in a 450 acre
lake used by the power company, these red horses were spawning, as I
took this one out of the water eggs were spraying out of her.

I have never caught a red horse before, the 12 Oz bottle was to show
size, I landed it belly hooked on 6 lb test, I though I had a monster,
it almost went 5 lbs
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,

The Great Gazooka
March 24th, 2007, 04:42 AM
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 21:31:11 -0500, Rodney Long >
wrote:

>I actually snagged this beast with a long shank number 8 hook, they were
>thick in this area as this is just one of two I snagged, in 20 min. I
>was fishing right at the fill pump discharge (17,000 GM) in a 450 acre
>lake used by the power company, these red horses were spawning, as I
>took this one out of the water eggs were spraying out of her.
>
>I have never caught a red horse before, the 12 Oz bottle was to show
>size, I landed it belly hooked on 6 lb test, I though I had a monster,
>it almost went 5 lbs
Enormous fish...............so appetizing too. It would go down well
with some spam fried up by Steve. You`d both be the toast, and you
could spread this on thick. By golly.