PDA

View Full Version : Clave and Hazel creek

Joe McIntosh
September 27th, 2003, 01:49 AM
Jeff--how is Hazel creek day [ as part of clave] coming along ? Should
I put seats in the van???l
Bass fishing on my big pond is really slowing down--or maybe I do not know
how to fish for fall bass--caught only two this evening in an hour of
kayking and casting [spinning stuff]
Pushing kayak into back side of Figure Eight [inland waterway] tomorrow
morning at seven----will use spinning gear , but take 8wt along in case we
find bluefish or a pod of drum.
Do you have my fishing shorts--the ones I an wearing fit a much bigger
wasted man
Big Dale--I'm bringing your raffle prize from western clave two years ago
to clave--- the two thumbtack holes just sort of snuck in there
Waldo --save a few fish for us guys arriving late [tuesday[
Wayno--told Dene about guy in Alaska having wife trouble--she immediadly
advised i am only !/4 as qualified as you to give him advise.
[hide some money]
Bruiser--will try to remember to mend as instructed while fishing at the
clave-- but it hard to make a good mend when your line is hanging over a
rodderdomen .
If anyone is interested in learning more than you want to know about shad
fishing read John McPhee 'The Founding Fish ' now in paperback.
Not using E mail these days so please excuse non flyfishing use of
ff -indian joe

Wolfgang
September 27th, 2003, 01:56 AM
"Joe McIntosh" > wrote in message

> ....a much bigger wasted man...

Well now, that conjures a whole raft of fascinating images. :)

Wolfgang
who is beginning to be sad that he will miss joe and all the rest this time
around. :(

Jeff Miller
September 27th, 2003, 07:06 AM
Joe McIntosh wrote:

> Jeff--how is Hazel creek day [ as part of clave] coming along ? Should
> I put seats in the van???l

planning on doing it during the week...probably tuesday. i wouldn't do
anything stressful like adding some new feature to the van...

> Bass fishing on my big pond is really slowing down--or maybe I do not know
> how to fish for fall bass--caught only two this evening in an hour of
> kayking and casting [spinning stuff]
> Pushing kayak into back side of Figure Eight [inland waterway] tomorrow
> morning at seven----will use spinning gear , but take 8wt along in case we
> find bluefish or a pod of drum.

fishing around the pamlico is off this year...the sound has had too much
fresh water this year, and a lot of nasty runoff from the inland rivers.
i've heard the cape fear area hasn't been similarly affected and fishing
is much better down there.

> Do you have my fishing shorts--the ones I an wearing fit a much bigger
> wasted man

i'm bigger and no doubt qualify as wasted, but i'll be damned if i've
had anything to do with your fishin shorts. i suspect dene probably
euthanized the damn things.

> Big Dale--I'm bringing your raffle prize from western clave two years ago
> to clave--- the two thumbtack holes just sort of snuck in there
> Waldo --save a few fish for us guys arriving late [tuesday[
> Wayno--told Dene about guy in Alaska having wife trouble--she immediadly
> advised i am only !/4 as qualified as you to give him advise.
> [hide some money]
> Bruiser--will try to remember to mend as instructed while fishing at the
> clave-- but it hard to make a good mend when your line is hanging over a
> rodderdomen .
> If anyone is interested in learning more than you want to know about shad
> fishing read John McPhee 'The Founding Fish ' now in paperback.
> Not using E mail these days so please excuse non flyfishing use of
> ff -indian joe

see you in a week or so. looking forward to another trout tryst.

jeff

Joe McIntosh
September 28th, 2003, 12:35 AM
"Jeff Miller" > wrote in message

> Joe McIntosh wrote:
>
> > Jeff--how is Hazel creek day [ as part of clave] coming along ?
Should
> > I put seats in the van???l
>
> planning on doing it during the week...probably tuesday. i wouldn't do
> anything stressful like adding some new feature to the van...

Ij replies ---if your trip is not full my roommate and I would like to
go--but not avaible until Wednesday----van will hold 5 or 7 if we want to
sleep while you drive us to toosies

Caught 2 small baby groupers- two bluefish [which chewed line apart just
beside kayak]- one flounder [unde4esize] and ended morning in a big pod of
menhadern with porposes all around--on spinning gear this morning but still
not doing much in salt water with flyrod.

If we don"t have a raffle how am i going to out trade crowd for big Dale
flies?
Think waldo could go by the holiday inn on exit 106 and talk the blond on
the second bar booth from the left to come out to clave central one
night-- tell her about Wayno with lots of charm and a big car or about an
older but entergentic indian with an extra bed in the lodge?

Charlie Choc
September 28th, 2003, 12:54 AM
On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:35:26 GMT, "Joe McIntosh"
> wrote:

>If we don"t have a raffle how am i going to out trade crowd for big Dale
>flies?

Some trade. I gave you some so you would quit bugging me about them.
<g>
--
Charlie...

Bob Patton
September 28th, 2003, 08:40 PM
"Joe McIntosh" > wrote in message
> Jeff--how is Hazel creek day [ as part of clave] coming along ?
//snip//

I'm still working on my schedule for next week. I'll be driving down from St
Louis and don't know exactly when I'll be able to drive over Morganton way
because I have some family matters to attend to. But if any of you'uns are
planning a trip farther west to Hazel or thereabouts I'd be happy to meet
you on whatever day you'll be there.

Bob
who NEEDS to get on the stream

Bob Patton
September 28th, 2003, 08:49 PM
"Jeff Miller" > wrote in message
//snip//>
> planning on doing it during the week...probably tuesday. i wouldn't do
> anything stressful like adding some new feature to the van...

//snip//

If you all will be at Hazel on Tuesday I could meet you there, or it might
work if I drive to M-ton on Saturday and fit in my duties in WNC later in
the week, after re-learning humility on Hazel.
Bob

Jeff Miller
September 28th, 2003, 11:11 PM
plans are to do hazel one day. how will we get in touch? guess you
could call wally's store...

jeff

Bob Patton wrote:

> "Joe McIntosh" > wrote in message
>
>>Jeff--how is Hazel creek day [ as part of clave] coming along ?
>
> //snip//
>
> I'm still working on my schedule for next week. I'll be driving down from St
> Louis and don't know exactly when I'll be able to drive over Morganton way
> because I have some family matters to attend to. But if any of you'uns are
> planning a trip farther west to Hazel or thereabouts I'd be happy to meet
> you on whatever day you'll be there.
>
> Bob
> who NEEDS to get on the stream

Bob Patton
September 30th, 2003, 03:46 AM
> plans are to do hazel one day. how will we get in touch? guess you
> could call wally's store...
>
> jeff

Jeff,
I just sent you an e-mail with my cell phone number.
Bob