PDA

View Full Version : Wader repair

Snoop
September 27th, 2003, 09:54 PM
I just bought an Aquaseal repair kit for a small rip in my Dan Bailey
breatable waders. It came with a couple of patches which have an adhesive on
them that seems pretty tacky. I also have some material that came with the
waders that are identical to the wader material, brown outside, blue inside.
Does anyone know what the self adhesive (clear) material is for? I assume it
goes on the inside and that you would use Aquaseal and the Bailey fabric on the
outside? The tear is just over an inch long. I think I remember snagging my
butt on Kevin's "North Dakota" drift boat on the Bighorn mini clave but didn't
discover the leak until I went float tubing the other day.

Snoop

e-mail:

Bill Kiene
September 28th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Hi Snoop,

You might tape the inside with something like "duck/duct" tape to hold it
together. Then put a small bead of clear Aqualseal on the tear on the
outside. After it dries overnight, remove the tape from the inside and
Aqualseal it too.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Snoop" > wrote in message ...

> I just bought an Aquaseal repair kit for a small rip in my Dan Bailey
> breatable waders. It came with a couple of patches which have an adhesive
on
> them that seems pretty tacky. I also have some material that came with
the
> waders that are identical to the wader material, brown outside, blue
inside.
> Does anyone know what the self adhesive (clear) material is for? I
assume it
> goes on the inside and that you would use Aquaseal and the Bailey fabric
on the
> outside? The tear is just over an inch long. I think I remember snagging
my
> butt on Kevin's "North Dakota" drift boat on the Bighorn mini clave but
didn't
> discover the leak until I went float tubing the other day.
>
> Snoop
>
> e-mail:

theflyguy
September 28th, 2003, 01:48 AM
"Bill Kiene" > wrote in message
.com...
> Hi Snoop,
>
> You might tape the inside with something like "duck/duct" tape to hold it
> together. Then put a small bead of clear Aqualseal on the tear on the
> outside. After it dries overnight, remove the tape from the inside and
> Aqualseal it too.
>
> --
> Bill Kiene
>
> Kiene's Fly Shop
> Sacramento, CA
> www.kiene.com
>
> "Snoop" > wrote in message ...
>
> > I just bought an Aquaseal repair kit for a small rip in my Dan Bailey
> > breatable waders. It came with a couple of patches which have an
adhesive
> on
> > them that seems pretty tacky. I also have some material that came with
> the
> > waders that are identical to the wader material, brown outside, blue
> inside.
> > Does anyone know what the self adhesive (clear) material is for? I
> assume it
> > goes on the inside and that you would use Aquaseal and the Bailey fabric
> on the
> > outside? The tear is just over an inch long. I think I remember
snagging
> my
> > butt on Kevin's "North Dakota" drift boat on the Bighorn mini clave but
> didn't
> > discover the leak until I went float tubing the other day.
> >
> > Snoop

I swear by household goop. I fixed a hole 3x4 inches just with it 2 years
ago and it is still holding. that stuff is amazing for fixing waders.

jeff h

Alex
September 28th, 2003, 08:59 AM
I use a bicycle repair kit, has never let me down on rubber waders.
Hello to all from Edinburgh, Scotland.
Tight lines,

Nig.
"theflyguy" > wrote in message

> "Bill Kiene" > wrote in message
> .com...
> > Hi Snoop,
> >
> > You might tape the inside with something like "duck/duct" tape to hold
it
> > together. Then put a small bead of clear Aqualseal on the tear on the
> > outside. After it dries overnight, remove the tape from the inside and
> > Aqualseal it too.
> >
> > --
> > Bill Kiene
> >
> > Kiene's Fly Shop
> > Sacramento, CA
> > www.kiene.com
> >
> > "Snoop" > wrote in message
> >
> > > I just bought an Aquaseal repair kit for a small rip in my Dan
Bailey
> > > breatable waders. It came with a couple of patches which have an
> adhesive
> > on
> > > them that seems pretty tacky. I also have some material that came
with
> > the
> > > waders that are identical to the wader material, brown outside, blue
> > inside.
> > > Does anyone know what the self adhesive (clear) material is for? I
> > assume it
> > > goes on the inside and that you would use Aquaseal and the Bailey
fabric
> > on the
> > > outside? The tear is just over an inch long. I think I remember
> snagging
> > my
> > > butt on Kevin's "North Dakota" drift boat on the Bighorn mini clave
but
> > didn't
> > > discover the leak until I went float tubing the other day.
> > >
> > > Snoop
> > >

> I swear by household goop. I fixed a hole 3x4 inches just with it 2 years
> ago and it is still holding. that stuff is amazing for fixing waders.
>
> jeff h

Bill Kiene
September 28th, 2003, 09:24 AM
--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"theflyguy" > wrote in message

> "Bill Kiene" > wrote in message
> .com...
> > Hi Snoop,
> >
> > You might tape the inside with something like "duck/duct" tape to hold
it
> > together. Then put a small bead of clear Aqualseal on the tear on the
> > outside. After it dries overnight, remove the tape from the inside and
> > Aqualseal it too.
> >
> > --
> > Bill Kiene
> >
> > Kiene's Fly Shop
> > Sacramento, CA
> > www.kiene.com
> >
> > "Snoop" > wrote in message
> >
> > > I just bought an Aquaseal repair kit for a small rip in my Dan
Bailey
> > > breatable waders. It came with a couple of patches which have an
> adhesive
> > on
> > > them that seems pretty tacky. I also have some material that came
with
> > the
> > > waders that are identical to the wader material, brown outside, blue
> > inside.
> > > Does anyone know what the self adhesive (clear) material is for? I
> > assume it
> > > goes on the inside and that you would use Aquaseal and the Bailey
fabric
> > on the
> > > outside? The tear is just over an inch long. I think I remember
> snagging
> > my
> > > butt on Kevin's "North Dakota" drift boat on the Bighorn mini clave
but
> > didn't
> > > discover the leak until I went float tubing the other day.
> > >
> > > Snoop
> > >

> I swear by household goop. I fixed a hole 3x4 inches just with it 2 years
> ago and it is still holding. that stuff is amazing for fixing waders.
>
> jeff h

Willi
September 28th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Bill Kiene wrote:
> Hi Snoop,
>
> You might tape the inside with something like "duck/duct" tape to hold it
> together. Then put a small bead of clear Aqualseal on the tear on the
> outside. After it dries overnight, remove the tape from the inside and
> Aqualseal it too.

I do the same as Bill.

Willi

Snoop
October 1st, 2003, 03:15 AM
Thanks, guys. The repair turned out great. Can't wait to test it out.

Snoop

e-mail:

rw
October 1st, 2003, 04:54 AM
Snoop wrote:
> Thanks, guys. The repair turned out great. Can't wait to test it out.

Give them to Warren for testing. He's hell on gear. :-)