PDA

View Full Version : World Seies

George Adams
September 29th, 2003, 02:27 AM
Bosox over Cubbies in six......you heard it here first.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

riverman
September 29th, 2003, 11:35 AM
"George Adams" > wrote in message
> Bosox over Cubbies in six......you heard it here first.

Botox over Chubbies? Any day!

--riverman
(I hope you're right! So does the Bambino)

riverman
September 29th, 2003, 12:08 PM
"George Adams" > wrote in message
> Bosox over Cubbies in six......you heard it here first.

Nah, the Cubs aren't going anywhere. Unfortunately, the stats and history
say that the Sox are going down in round 1. Unfortunately, and against my
hopes, here's my prediction:

Pennant:
AL: As beat Boston in 5 games. Yankees take the Twins in 3.
Yankees beat As in 5.

NL: Giants take the Marlins in 5. Braves over the Cubs in 4
Braves beat Giants in a knuckle chewer full series.

Series:
Braves over Yankees in a full series, that gets decided in the last inning
of the last game.

--riverman

JR
September 29th, 2003, 12:14 PM
George Adams wrote:

> Bosox over Cubbies in six......you heard it here first.

A Series win by either would be wonderful, but not over the other....
we'd have to find a new word to describe what "heartbreaking" no longer
could.

JR

Ken Fortenberry
September 29th, 2003, 01:19 PM
George Adams wrote:

> Bosox over Cubbies in six......you heard it here first.

Stephen King, longtime Red Sox fan, said something to the effect
that the immutable laws of the Universe and baseball would ensure
Armageddon right before the 3-2 pitch with the bases loaded in the
bottom of the ninth of game 7 between the Cubs & Red Sox. ;-)

Go Cubs Go !!

--
Ken Fortenberry

Ken Fortenberry