PDA

View Full Version : Special deal

Rodney Long
April 5th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Look guys, I will sell these in a week or so, so I really don't need any
of you to buy them to move them out of here, these are some left overs
from the Classic, that happened to come home with me :-) (we didn't even
know we had them, we thought we had sold them all, this box got
misplaced :-) I went into each kit and added 17 more bungees, When these
are gone, I personally will no longer be selling any from here, they
will have to be ordered from Mojo.

I guess you could call this post spam, (you net cops flame away, I won't
fight back) but I had no other method to let my friends on the group
know I had them. There will be no other offers from me on any group, it
was just a special deal, and I wanted y'all to have shot at them first,
I just set up the site, and I get hundreds of visitors a day to my web
site, I'm sure they won't last long, and don't care if they do. I asked
Mojo if I could give them away,, they said no, and they want the money
from the sales, at least I got the price down on them. If interested
just click the wiggle rig link from my site, and you will see the deal

I was using this rig Tuesday when I caught all those bass, and everyone
else was skunked, I was using the Tiny flukes from Zoom, mostly, but a
large fluke was used when I hooked that hog, I had two of them rigged 18
inches apart, working the lures about a min. in one spot, (When I was
sight fishing the beds, I just left it there working it until it got
bit) then moving about 7 or 8 feet and working them again. I was using a
1 inch rapid rod bounce keeping tension on the line
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,

asadi
April 5th, 2007, 11:56 PM
"Rodney Long" > wrote in message
> Look guys, I will sell these in a week or so, so I really don't need any
> of you to buy them to move them out of here, these are some left overs
> from the Classic, that happened to come home with me :-) (we didn't even
> know we had them, we thought we had sold them all, this box got misplaced
> :-) I went into each kit and added 17 more bungees, When these are gone, I
> personally will no longer be selling any from here, they will have to be
> ordered from Mojo.
>
> I guess you could call this post spam, (you net cops flame away, I won't
> fight back) but I had no other method to let my friends on the group know
> I had them. There will be no other offers from me on any group, it was
> just a special deal, and I wanted y'all to have shot at them first, I just
> set up the site, and I get hundreds of visitors a day to my web site, I'm
> sure they won't last long, and don't care if they do. I asked Mojo if I
> could give them away,, they said no, and they want the money from the
> sales, at least I got the price down on them. If interested just click the
> wiggle rig link from my site, and you will see the deal
>
> I was using this rig Tuesday when I caught all those bass, and everyone
> else was skunked, I was using the Tiny flukes from Zoom, mostly, but a
> large fluke was used when I hooked that hog, I had two of them rigged 18
> inches apart, working the lures about a min. in one spot, (When I was
> sight fishing the beds, I just left it there working it until it got bit)
> then moving about 7 or 8 feet and working them again. I was using a 1 inch
> rapid rod bounce keeping tension on the line
> --
> Rodney Long,
> Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
> Nutri Shield insect repellent. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
> http://www.ezknot.com

I probably make the best small mouth wooly bugger on the market....although
I haven't sold any yet

john (they're not for sale)

Ken Fortenberry
April 6th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Rodney Long wrote:
> <snip>
> I guess you could call this post spam, ...

Do you think ?

Here's a suggestion, the next time you feel inclined to SPAM
a non-commercial Usenet newsgroup send email instead. Send the
email to those folks who you know won't mind your message and
tell them to pass it along to their friends who feel the same.

Just don't do it here. You have no idea what kind of Pandora's
box you'll open if SPAM becomes acceptable. I won't let it
slide, I will bitch about it here and if that doesn't stop it
I will complain to your ISP.

The group let the SPAM you just had to share slide without
comment and this is what happened. You've had your freebie, now
stop it out.

--
Ken Fortenberry
P.S. Congrats on the endorsements.

Rodney Long
April 6th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> Rodney Long wrote:
>> <snip>
>> I guess you could call this post spam, ...
>
> Do you think ?
>
> Here's a suggestion, the next time you feel inclined to SPAM
> a non-commercial Usenet newsgroup send email instead. Send the
> email to those folks who you know won't mind your message and
> tell them to pass it along to their friends who feel the same.
>
> Just don't do it here. You have no idea what kind of Pandora's
> box you'll open if SPAM becomes acceptable. I won't let it
> slide, I will bitch about it here and if that doesn't stop it
> I will complain to your ISP.
>
> The group let the SPAM you just had to share slide without
> comment and this is what happened. You've had your freebie, now
> stop it out.

Your right, I should never had given these guys a chance at the deal, I
sure don't "need" their business to survive, I mean it's not worth the
lashing ,, don't worry it won't happen again, as this is the last time
"I" will be selling anything "PERIOD" from my web site, or anywhere
else, as fast as these are selling already from my web site, they will
be gone fast.

To tell you the truth I'm glad I'm out of the retail business, then I
can talk all I want on news groups, about the way I fish, maybe help
others kick some butt, and have a better time on the water. I am the
"expert" in this "method" of fishing, and I can teach others how to get
the most out of it. Since I will no longer be "selling" anything, no one
can claim it's spam.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Nutri Shield insect repellent. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
http://www.ezknot.com

Ken Fortenberry
April 6th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Rodney Long wrote:

> ... Since I will no longer be "selling" anything, no one
> can claim it's spam.

A commercial in a non-commercial Usenet newsgroup is SPAM,
no matter who's doing the actual retail work. There is a
fine line between a commercial and a testimonial but I have
no doubt that you'll push it right up to the line and beyond
until someone calls you on it. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Bass_Mr.
April 6th, 2007, 03:03 AM
Congratulations on the endorsements Rodney. The web site looks good too !

"Rodney Long" > wrote in message
> Look guys, I will sell these in a week or so, so I really don't need any
> of you to buy them to move them out of here, these are some left overs
> from the Classic, that happened to come home with me :-) (we didn't even
> know we had them, we thought we had sold them all, this box got misplaced
> :-) I went into each kit and added 17 more bungees, When these are gone, I
> personally will no longer be selling any from here, they will have to be
> ordered from Mojo.
>
> I guess you could call this post spam, (you net cops flame away, I won't
> fight back) but I had no other method to let my friends on the group know
> I had them. There will be no other offers from me on any group, it was
> just a special deal, and I wanted y'all to have shot at them first, I just
> set up the site, and I get hundreds of visitors a day to my web site, I'm
> sure they won't last long, and don't care if they do. I asked Mojo if I
> could give them away,, they said no, and they want the money from the
> sales, at least I got the price down on them. If interested just click the
> wiggle rig link from my site, and you will see the deal
>
> I was using this rig Tuesday when I caught all those bass, and everyone
> else was skunked, I was using the Tiny flukes from Zoom, mostly, but a
> large fluke was used when I hooked that hog, I had two of them rigged 18
> inches apart, working the lures about a min. in one spot, (When I was
> sight fishing the beds, I just left it there working it until it got bit)
> then moving about 7 or 8 feet and working them again. I was using a 1 inch
> rapid rod bounce keeping tension on the line
> --
> Rodney Long,
> Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
> Nutri Shield insect repellent. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
> Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
> http://www.ezknot.com

Rodney Long
April 6th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> Rodney Long wrote:
>>
>> ... Since I will no longer be "selling" anything, no one can claim
>> it's spam.
>
> A commercial in a non-commercial Usenet newsgroup is SPAM,
> no matter who's doing the actual retail work. There is a
> fine line between a commercial and a testimonial but I have
> no doubt that you'll push it right up to the line and beyond
> until someone calls you on it. ;-)

No more than someone talking about drop shotting, Texas, or Carolina
rigging. The only difference is the people get to hear from the "real"
expert on using the rig. I have over 2,000 hours, (and over 4,000 fish
caught) experience using the Wiggle rig. I can make lures do things most
fishermen only dream about, I want to share that knowledge, and finally
I will be able to on news groups, people can call me all they want to on
it, according to my ISP, that is not spamming.

Spamming is mutable cross posting and mutable emails for profit, no
spammer would "waste" his time writing single emails, or "on topic"
post, and answering "on topic" questions in news groups, there is not
enough profit in it.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Nutri Shield insect repellent. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
http://www.ezknot.com

Ken Fortenberry
April 6th, 2007, 03:39 AM
Rodney Long wrote:
> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>> Rodney Long wrote:
>>> ... Since I will no longer be "selling" anything, no one can claim
>>> it's spam.
>>
>> A commercial in a non-commercial Usenet newsgroup is SPAM,
>> no matter who's doing the actual retail work. There is a
>> fine line between a commercial and a testimonial but I have
>> no doubt that you'll push it right up to the line and beyond
>> until someone calls you on it. ;-)
>
> No more than someone talking about drop shotting, Texas, or Carolina
> rigging. The only difference is the people get to hear from the "real"
> expert on using the rig. I have over 2,000 hours, (and over 4,000 fish
> caught) experience using the Wiggle rig. I can make lures do things most
> fishermen only dream about, I want to share that knowledge, and finally
> I will be able to on news groups, people can call me all they want to on
> it, according to my ISP, that is not spamming.
>
> Spamming is mutable cross posting and mutable emails for profit, no
> spammer would "waste" his time writing single emails, or "on topic"
> post, and answering "on topic" questions in news groups, there is not
> enough profit in it.

You're right, no SPAMmer would waste his time hawking his wares
on a non-commercial Usenet newsgroup because doing so would be
bad for business.

You realize that you're posting all this on a binary newsgroup
devoted to fishing pictures ? Hardly an appropriate venue for
commercials.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Pepperoni
April 6th, 2007, 04:41 AM
1-Highlight the offensive posting.
2-On the "message" tab, click "block sender".

A pop-up will ask if you wish to remove all of the sender's posts from
display; clicking yes will remove those posts. In either case, the
sender's new posts will no longer appear.

Posts are blocked by posting address. Some posters may change posting addys
to avoid filters, merely repeat the process (1-2) for new addresses.

__________________
*** To REMOVE a poster from a kill-file, click tools/ message rules/
blocked senders list and highlight that poster, then click "remove".

asadi
April 6th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Hell, so he got a call from Larry Nixon (whoever he is) "I" got a call from
Barbara Bush! (whoever she is)

john

Jim Laumann
April 10th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Rodney

You have mail.

Jim

Rodney Long
April 10th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Jim Laumann wrote:
> Rodney
>
> You have mail.
>
> Jim

I just checked, didn't see any

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Nutri Shield insect repellent. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
http://www.ezknot.com

Jim Laumann
April 12th, 2007, 02:25 AM
On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 19:07:22 -0500, Rodney Long >
wrote:

>Jim Laumann wrote:
>> Rodney
>>
>> You have mail.
>>
>> Jim
>>

>I just checked, didn't see any
Rodney

Yupper - it was sent to your ezknot address. I didn't get a bounce
reply.... will try again to it and your addr here in your post.

Sorry for the delay - haven't eyeballed the groups for a couple days.

Jim

Rodney Long
April 12th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Jim Laumann wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 19:07:22 -0500, Rodney Long >
> wrote:
>
>> Jim Laumann wrote:
>>> Rodney
>>>
>>> You have mail.
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>

>> I just checked, didn't see any
> Rodney
>
> Yupper - it was sent to your ezknot address. I didn't get a bounce
> reply.... will try again to it and your addr here in your post.

I've had problems with the @ezknot.com email address, I thought I had
changed it on the site, but I hadn't,, well I have now, at least I hope
I have on all the pages