PDA

View Full Version : Florida visit

Bruce Spitler
April 7th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I caught these fish in a Florida retention pond using a rattle trap. Does
anyone know what kind of fish the last fish is? It looks like a sunfish but
it has great big scales like a carp and it weighed close to 4 lbs. Well now
I am back in Ohio and snow on the ground, well at least I got my line wet.

Peter A. Collin
April 7th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Bruce Spitler wrote:
> I caught these fish in a Florida retention pond using a rattle trap. Does
> anyone know what kind of fish the last fish is? It looks like a sunfish but
> it has great big scales like a carp and it weighed close to 4 lbs. Well now
> I am back in Ohio and snow on the ground, well at least I got my line wet.

It looks like a Tilapia.

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
April 7th, 2007, 11:08 PM
"Bruce Spitler" > wrote in message
t...
>I caught these fish in a Florida retention pond using a rattle trap. Does
>anyone know what kind of fish the last fish is? It looks like a sunfish
>but it has great big scales like a carp and it weighed close to 4 lbs.
>Well now I am back in Ohio and snow on the ground, well at least I got my
>line wet.

Looks like a tilapia to me. Good eats there!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Musashi
April 8th, 2007, 12:32 AM
"Bruce Spitler" > wrote in message
t...
> I caught these fish in a Florida retention pond using a rattle trap. Does
> anyone know what kind of fish the last fish is?

As others have said, definitely a tilapia.

The Great Gazooka
April 8th, 2007, 11:30 PM
On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 16:08:49 -0600, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
> wrote:

>Looks like a tilapia to me. Good eats there!
By Golly, fry it with spam!!! Boy will you sleep good!

Fishking
April 10th, 2007, 02:41 AM
"Bruce Spitler" > wrote in message
news:7ATRh.12808SNIP> I am back in Ohio and snow on the ground, well at
least I got my line wet.

Where in Ohio Bruce?

Bruce Spitler
April 12th, 2007, 12:38 AM