PDA

View Full Version : Black depression!

Louis Owen
October 1st, 2003, 03:51 AM
Trout season closed on most streams in Michgan's UP today. I'd gotten out
62 times according to my fishing log and it would have been more if I had
not started the season with a broken leg.. I want more!

Lou

George Adams
October 1st, 2003, 04:51 AM
>They close on Sept. 30??? Why? I'm sure there must be a good reason

Some states that have wild populations of fall spawning species close their
seasons around that time. Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont all close general
seasons on salmonoids between Sept 30 and the end of October.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

Ken Fortenberry
October 1st, 2003, 04:57 AM
rw wrote:
> Louis Owen wrote:
>
>> Trout season closed on most streams in Michgan's UP today.
>
> They close on Sept. 30??? Why? I'm sure there must be a good reason.

Native, wild, UP brook trout spawn in the fall.

--
Ken Fortenberry

rw
October 1st, 2003, 05:28 AM
Louis Owen wrote:
> Trout season closed on most streams in Michgan's UP today.

They close on Sept. 30??? Why? I'm sure there must be a good reason.

Louis Owen
October 1st, 2003, 05:34 AM
rw

I dunno why but most rivers and streams close.

Lou
"rw" > wrote in message
. ..
> Louis Owen wrote:
> > Trout season closed on most streams in Michgan's UP today.
>
> They close on Sept. 30??? Why? I'm sure there must be a good reason.
>
> --
> Cut "to the chase" for my email address.

Louis Owen
October 1st, 2003, 05:36 AM
Ken

That's what's in most of those waters.

Lou
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
y.com...
> rw wrote:
> > Louis Owen wrote:
> >
> >> Trout season closed on most streams in Michgan's UP today.
> >
> > They close on Sept. 30??? Why? I'm sure there must be a good reason.
>
> Native, wild, UP brook trout spawn in the fall.
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry

asadi
October 1st, 2003, 11:39 AM
Ok. I'll break the other one.

John

"Louis Owen" > wrote in message
> Trout season closed on most streams in Michgan's UP today. I'd gotten out
> 62 times according to my fishing log and it would have been more if I had
> not started the season with a broken leg.. I want more!
>
> Lou

Charlie Choc
October 1st, 2003, 11:53 AM
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:28:10 -0700, rw
> wrote:

>Louis Owen wrote:
>> Trout season closed on most streams in Michgan's UP today.
>
>They close on Sept. 30??? Why? I'm sure there must be a good reason.

Spawning I'd guess. Georgia has seasonal streams that are closed from
Nov 1 to May 1.
--
Charlie...

Louis Owen
October 1st, 2003, 01:46 PM
Asadi

LOL

Not exactly what I had in mind!

I never needed one before but I broke down and bought a Simms wading staff
which helped me get to the good fishing and let me stand the fast waters on
a week leg. $100 seems high but it's so versitle and well made it's worth
every penny.

Lou

Lou
"asadi" > wrote in message
> Ok. I'll break the other one.
>
> John
>
> "Louis Owen" > wrote in message
> > Trout season closed on most streams in Michgan's UP today. I'd gotten
out
> > 62 times according to my fishing log and it would have been more if I
had
> > not started the season with a broken leg.. I want more!
> >
> > Lou

George Cleveland
October 2nd, 2003, 01:37 AM
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:51:26 -0400, "Louis Owen" >
wrote:

>Trout season closed on most streams in Michgan's UP today. I'd gotten out
>62 times according to my fishing log and it would have been more if I had
>not started the season with a broken leg.. I want more!
>
>Lou

Same in Wisconsin. But some stillwaters are still open, here and in Yooperville.
A local expert (and friend) says this is the best time to fish those waters. He
mostly uses traditional streamers (black ghosts, spruce flies, etc etc).

g.c.

Louis Owen
October 2nd, 2003, 05:16 AM
George

There are still a few places at river mouths here where a guy can fish and
I'll probably visit a few. Right now it's cold!

Lou