PDA

View Full Version : Re: Howto Turtle Fishing?

IRBY BAUDOUIN
October 4th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Us coonasses from down the bayou like em! We used to tie a treble kook
right below a float. Almost anything works a bait, but we used to use a
chunk of slab bacon. If you get a big loggerhead or snapper on there,
you'll wish you hadn't.

"Chinadian" > wrote in message
om...
> Can anyone tell me how to catch a turtle? I like the box turtle or green
> one.
>
> Use regular fishing hook? What is as bait, chicken, pork, fish?

Cameron
October 4th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Chinadian wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to catch a turtle? I like the box turtle or
> green one.
>
> Use regular fishing hook? What is as bait, chicken, pork, fish?

You want to catch turtles to eat them? You really are taking the
Chinese philosophy that "Everything with it's back to the sky is food",
literally.

--

It's obvious what should be removed to make it a valid e-mail address.

L. A. Powell
October 4th, 2003, 10:05 PM
They are delicious! Taste just like manatee.

"Cameron" > wrote in message
> Chinadian wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me how to catch a turtle? I like the box turtle or
> > green one.
> >
> > Use regular fishing hook? What is as bait, chicken, pork, fish?
>
> You want to catch turtles to eat them? You really are taking the
> Chinese philosophy that "Everything with it's back to the sky is
food",
> literally.
>
> --
>

> It's obvious what should be removed to make it a valid e-mail address.

Musashi
October 6th, 2003, 05:35 PM
"Cameron" > wrote in message
> Chinadian wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me how to catch a turtle? I like the box turtle or
> > green one.
> >
> > Use regular fishing hook? What is as bait, chicken, pork, fish?
>
> You want to catch turtles to eat them? You really are taking the
> Chinese philosophy that "Everything with it's back to the sky is food",
> literally.

The Diamond back terrapin of Maryland was harvested nearly to the point of
extinction
because of east coast american demand for its meat.
Even today, snapping turtles are eaten in the American south.
Eating turtles therefore is hardly a uniquely chinese custom.