PDA

View Full Version : final NC clave update....

walt winter
October 1st, 2003, 11:56 AM
http://wgw.home.boone.net/Fall2003_NC_clave.html

wayno will be jovially greeting everyone this saturday at clave
central.

i'll be at the shop (lee is on vacation catching salmon in MI)
saturday 'till 3.... upon which time i will head on out to central.

if anyone needs NC license, the wal-mart (exit 103 on i-40)and
also the k-mart (hwy 181 on the way to central) have them. my
damn machine is still broke at the shop.

some neccesities:

fishin-trail maps: wilson creek trail map.

flies: i've been having success with large parachute sulphurs and
cahills the past two weeks.... of course, this week may be
something different.... perhaps yellow humpies.

supplies: burke county is a dry county. however, morganton is
wet. ABC store (downtown)for likka and grocery stores for brews.
the closest grocery stores to central are a winn-dixie and a food
lion on 181 (next to the k-mart) about 10 miles from central.

looking forward to seeing all of ya'll and i sure hope to fish
with everyone next week....

wally

Charlie Choc
October 1st, 2003, 12:58 PM
On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 10:56:14 GMT, walt winter
> wrote:

>http://wgw.home.boone.net/Fall2003_NC_clave.html
>
>wayno will be jovially greeting everyone this saturday at clave
>central.

How do we tell which place is clave central? Just listen for
camaraderie?

>some neccesities:
>
>fishin-trail maps: wilson creek trail map.

Where does one get this particular necessity?

I should be there mid afternoon Saturday. See you there.
--
Charlie...

ezflyfisher
October 1st, 2003, 02:45 PM
Charlie Choc wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 10:56:14 GMT, walt winter
> > wrote:
>

>>http://wgw.home.boone.net/Fall2003_NC_clave.html
>>
>>wayno will be jovially greeting everyone this saturday at clave
>>central.
>

> How do we tell which place is clave central? Just listen for

something like that....

> camaraderie?
>
>>some neccesities:
>>
>>fishin-trail maps: wilson creek trail map.
>

> Where does one get this particular necessity?
>
> I should be there mid afternoon Saturday. See you there.

It's USFS map Charlie..... I'll toss some in the jeep and bring them out
to the clave for anyone who needs one.....

--
Thanks & Tight Lines!

--Walt
North Carolina Flyfishin' & more!
http://www.ezflyfish.com
http://www.wilsoncreekoutfitters.com

Tom Littleton
October 2nd, 2003, 01:08 AM
Clavesters,
Best wishes on the upcoming clave. Wish I could be there, will make it one
year. Other concerns at home prevented me from descending into basement and
finishing flies to send as I intended. I apologize. At any rate, will be
thinking of you all, and probably insulting every last one of you online, as
time permits.
enjoy!!
Tom

Mike
October 2nd, 2003, 07:10 AM
Well hope all have a great clave catch fish get drunk chase women eat lots of
good food and enjoy the company of other R.O.F.F.ians one of two grandchildren
already here other one due in the near future.....will be talking to some of
these eastern R.O.F.F.ians about next years N.C. clave i am planning on being
there..........best of luck gentlemen

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick