PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on FT Book

Tony & Barb Vellturo
October 1st, 2003, 12:57 PM
I received a copy of Ian Moutter's book "Imitative Fly Tying" as a
gift. I'm curious to hear anybody's opinion about his techniques and
patterns.

Tony

Tom Littleton
October 2nd, 2003, 01:09 AM
Tony
Haven't had a chance to read that one, what are his unique points?
Tom

Tony & Barb Vellturo
October 2nd, 2003, 12:16 PM
On 02 Oct 2003 00:09:26 GMT, (Tom Littleton) wrote:

>Tony
> Haven't had a chance to read that one, what are his unique points?
> Tom

Just getting in to it. He uses rolled white styrafoam from drinking
cups as the base for bodies for dry flies. Don't know how unique this
is, but I haven't seen the rolling technique. He also creates hackel
"ropes" for dries and soft hackel flies! Interesting, so far!

Tony