PDA

View Full Version : a little OT pretty scary

Larry L
October 1st, 2003, 05:48 PM
I'm been investigating building rods and found a 12 step help program on the
web ( probably very appropriate, ... read some of the "one rod" posts .. )

Anyway, as I was reading the steps in "rolling your own" it became a very
"have I been here before" de je vu (sp) experience.

I turned to my lovely bride and asked, " Have I ever built my own fishing
rod." and asked her to look at the pictures of how its done. Apparently I
HAVE, about 25 years ago, and had stuff spread all over for a long time and
engaged in lots of swearing and other displays of impatience. I finally
"remembered" that it was a Sage blank, long since broken and ash canned.
Senility has arrived, I guess .... ( but that was back in my "heavy
drinking" days and don't kid yourself the booze kills brain cells ... not
that I had that many to start )

I don't think I'll try another rod building effort .... unliketying flies
where I "get off" on creating my own variations, after my own observations,
my only reason for rod building would be to save cost and since I break a
lot of rods, that probably doesn't make sense.