PDA

View Full Version : V wakes

B.Bear
October 1st, 2003, 09:28 PM
So there you are fishing away and there is a v wake ripping across the
water, then another and another.
What are they?
B Bear

Sandy
October 1st, 2003, 09:35 PM
rw wrote:
> B.Bear wrote:
>> So there you are fishing away and there is a v wake ripping across
>> the water, then another and another.
>> What are they?
>> B Bear
>
> Big trout that you've spooked.
>
> Actually, it's possible that they're chasing food, but you've
> *probably* spooked them.

Small air vorteces, like small invisible tornados, cutting a "v" across the
surface.

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--

E-Mail:-
Website:- http://www.ftscotland.co.uk

Tim J.
October 1st, 2003, 09:41 PM
"B.Bear" wrote...
> So there you are fishing away and there is a v wake ripping across the
> water, then another and another.
> What are they?

Need more information:
Were you at Loch Ness?
Was there a Jet-ski on top of the wake?
Had you just run into the pool at full speed?

Answers to these (and oh so many more) will help us to help you. :)
--
TL,
Tim

Scott Seidman
October 1st, 2003, 10:00 PM
"B.Bear" > wrote in news:blfded$rhj$1$8300dec7
@news.demon.co.uk:

> So there you are fishing away and there is a v wake ripping across the
> water, then another and another.
> What are they?
> B Bear

Large Sea Monkeys

Scott

rw
October 1st, 2003, 10:31 PM
B.Bear wrote:
> So there you are fishing away and there is a v wake ripping across the
> water, then another and another.
> What are they?
> B Bear

Big trout that you've spooked.

Actually, it's possible that they're chasing food, but you've *probably*
spooked them.

JR
October 2nd, 2003, 04:27 PM
"Tim J." wrote:

> "B.Bear" wrote...
> > So there you are fishing away and there is a v wake ripping across the
> > water, then another and another.
> > What are they?
>
> Need more information:
> Were you at Loch Ness?
> Was there a Jet-ski on top of the wake?
> Had you just run into the pool at full speed?

Right. With the info you've given, they could be fish, otters,
waterbugs (skaters), or even, if you've fishing for steelhead in Oregon,
the miniature remote controlled submarines that Jim Teeny now uses to
provoke the fish into biting.

JR

Mike
October 3rd, 2003, 01:32 AM
The third annual Chinch-bug Wakeboard from a Submarine Championship sponsored
by Twoshoesfullof****

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick