PDA

View Full Version : "Back...Back....Back....OT!" (It is time to end The Curse!)

daytripper
October 2nd, 2003, 02:17 AM
So if some of us Far Northeasterners act...well...totally nutz over the next
few days (or - perchance to dream - weeks)....be kind...

We're not in control...

/daytripper (Go Bosox!)

George Adams
October 2nd, 2003, 03:09 AM
>From: daytripper

>So if some of us Far Northeasterners act...well...totally nutz over the next
>few days (or - perchance to dream - weeks)....be kind...
>
>We're not in control...

Top of the first, one down, Nomah at bat...hope he does better than Mia.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

daytripper
October 2nd, 2003, 08:24 AM
On 02 Oct 2003 02:09:41 GMT, (George Adams) wrote:

>>From: daytripper
>
>>So if some of us Far Northeasterners act...well...totally nutz over the next
>>few days (or - perchance to dream - weeks)....be kind...
>>
>>We're not in control...
>>

>Top of the first, one down, Nomah at bat...hope he does better than Mia.

Day 1 - and we're already in Deep DooDoo.
That was a painful loss...

/daytripper (I predict we won't see Kim pitch for Boston again...ever)

Tim J.
October 2nd, 2003, 12:40 PM
"daytripper" wrote...
> George Adams wrote:
>
> >>So if some of us Far Northeasterners act...well...totally nutz over the next
> >>few days (or - perchance to dream - weeks)....be kind...
> >>
> >>We're not in control...
> >>

> >Top of the first, one down, Nomah at bat...hope he does better than Mia.
>
> Day 1 - and we're already in Deep DooDoo.
> That was a painful loss...
>
> /daytripper (I predict we won't see Kim pitch for Boston again...ever)

Kim sucked - again. The man CANNOT handle pressure. *I* could have gotten out
there and walk one batter and hit another, and would have done so for half the
money.
--
TL,
Tim

George Adams
October 2nd, 2003, 01:25 PM
>From: "Tim J."

>Kim sucked - again. The man CANNOT handle pressure. *I* could have gotten out
>there and walk one batter and hit another, and would have done so for half
>the
>money.

Sad but true. Not a stellar performance at the plate by Ramirez, either. One
base hit by him would have changed the outcome. Once again, defeat snatched
from the jaws of victory. {:-(

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

rb608
October 2nd, 2003, 01:49 PM
"George Adams" > wrote in message
> Top of the first, one down, Nomah at bat...hope he does better than Mia.

Hey now, don't go dissing Mia or my little girl (jersey #9) might come up
there & kick you in the shins. Hard. :-)
(Actually, Mia's doing great, other than getting beat on that PK.)

Joe F.

Charlie Choc
October 2nd, 2003, 01:55 PM
On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 12:49:33 GMT, "rb608"
> wrote:

>"George Adams" > wrote in message
>> Top of the first, one down, Nomah at bat...hope he does better than Mia.
>
>Hey now, don't go dissing Mia or my little girl (jersey #9) might come up
>there & kick you in the shins. Hard. :-)
>(Actually, Mia's doing great, other than getting beat on that PK.)

Maybe some sponsors will see the light and pony up to resurrect the
WUSA.
--
Charlie...

Mike
October 2nd, 2003, 02:04 PM
Kim sucks Manny is a dickhead he has no hussle throws to third are to
lacksidaisle doesn't seem to care if the Sox win or lose something about him i
never liked......Todays game will tell how much last nights game affected them
I predict they win today and beat the snots out of Oakland Saturday and Sunday
no need to fly back to Ca. they keep those frequent flyer miles anyway

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick

George Adams
October 2nd, 2003, 03:25 PM
>From: "rb608"

>Hey now, don't go dissing Mia or my little girl (jersey #9) might come up
>there & kick you in the shins. Hard. :-)
>(Actually, Mia's doing great, other than getting beat on that PK.)

No dis intended. If Manny would play with half the intensity of the future Mrs.
Nomar, the Sox would have won the A.L. East by five games.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

Ken Fortenberry
October 2nd, 2003, 03:43 PM
daytripper wrote:

> So if some of us Far Northeasterners act...well...totally nutz over the next
> few days (or - perchance to dream - weeks)....be kind...
>
> We're not in control...
>
> /daytripper (Go Bosox!)

Whew ! I'm glad I gave up in the 10th and went to bed, no need to stay up
that late just to watch the Bosox lose. ;-) Watching a blunder filled Cubs
loss in the company of a diehard Cubs fan (SWMBO) was quite enough baseball
angst for one night.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Russell
October 2nd, 2003, 04:20 PM
George Adams wrote:
>>From: daytripper
>

>>So if some of us Far Northeasterners act...well...totally nutz over the next
>>few days (or - perchance to dream - weeks)....be kind...
>>
>>We're not in control...
>>

> Top of the first, one down, Nomah at bat...hope he does better than Mia.
>

> George Adams
>
> "All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
> youth that doth not grow stale with age."
> ---- J.W Muller

An amazing game--but what a heartbreak of a loss in true Red Sox fashion.

How are all you east coast Red Sox fans hangin' today. It was 1am before
I made it to bed. That's 3am back there. I'm draggin' today.

Russell
Sometimes it sucks being a Red Sox fan.

daytripper
October 2nd, 2003, 11:07 PM
On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:20:20 -0600, Russell > wrote:

>George Adams wrote:
>>>From: daytripper
>>

>>>So if some of us Far Northeasterners act...well...totally nutz over the next
>>>few days (or - perchance to dream - weeks)....be kind...
>>>
>>>We're not in control...
>>>

>> Top of the first, one down, Nomah at bat...hope he does better than Mia.
>>

>> George Adams
>>
>> "All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
>> youth that doth not grow stale with age."
>> ---- J.W Muller
>>
>An amazing game--but what a heartbreak of a loss in true Red Sox fashion.
>
>How are all you east coast Red Sox fans hangin' today. It was 1am before
>I made it to bed. That's 3am back there. I'm draggin' today.

I worked 'til 5am anyway, so I was planning on draggin' today ;-)

>Russell
>Sometimes it sucks being a Red Sox fan.

"Sometimes"?

/daytripper ("Wait'll...." ;-)

daytripper
October 2nd, 2003, 11:17 PM
On 02 Oct 2003 13:04:05 GMT, (Mike) wrote:

>Kim sucks Manny is a dickhead he has no hussle throws to third are to
>lacksidaisle doesn't seem to care if the Sox win or lose something about him i
>never liked......Todays game will tell how much last nights game affected them
>I predict they win today and beat the snots out of Oakland Saturday and Sunday
>no need to fly back to Ca. they keep those frequent flyer miles anyway

Unless something changes soon - real soon - the 'Sox may indeed not need those
tickets...

/daytripper (eyeing a ledge)

Russell Durtschi
October 2nd, 2003, 11:53 PM
daytripper wrote:

> "Sometimes"?

Good point.

Russell
Yankee's suck! (Just had to throw that in there. Made me feel better.)

George Adams
October 3rd, 2003, 12:39 AM
>From: Russell Durtschi

>daytripper wrote:

>> "Sometimes"?

>Good point.

At least it appears that the agony won't be prolonged this year. {:-(

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

Tim J.
October 3rd, 2003, 12:49 AM
"George Adams" wrote...
> >daytripper wrote:
>
> >> "Sometimes"?
>
> >Good point.
>
> At least it appears that the agony won't be prolonged this year. {:-(

All a Sox fan can say at this point is "Remember Cleveland". . .
--
TL,
Tim

William Claspy
October 3rd, 2003, 02:06 PM
On 10/2/03 7:49 PM, in article 3Q2fb.662198$YN5.508376@sccrnsc01, "Tim J."
> wrote:

>>> Good point.
>>
>> At least it appears that the agony won't be prolonged this year. {:-(
>
> All a Sox fan can say at this point is "Remember Cleveland". . .

'48 and '54 were pretty good. '95 and '97 weren't bad either (though '97
was a bit hard to take...)

(and that's 1995 and 1997, not 1895 and 1897 :-)

Besides, you guys have Manny now. You're welcome :-)

Bill

daytripper
October 4th, 2003, 12:13 AM
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 09:06:15 -0400, William Claspy > wrote:
[snipped]

>Besides, you guys have Manny now. You're welcome :-)

Could you mail him his bat, please?

/daytripper (stifling the "choke" sign...)

Stan Gula
October 4th, 2003, 02:14 AM
wrote:
> [snipped]
> >
> >Besides, you guys have Manny now. You're welcome :-)
>
> Could you mail him his bat, please?
>
> /daytripper (stifling the "choke" sign...)

We can still fall back on the standby plan: root against the Yankees. Can't
bring on joy, but still satisfying.

Stan Gula
October 6th, 2003, 03:42 PM
"Greg Pavlov" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 01:14:04 GMT, "Stan Gula"
> > wrote:
>

> >We can still fall back on the standby plan: root against the Yankees.
Can't
> >bring on joy, but still satisfying.
> >

> Satisfying some times, but a losing proposition
> the rest.
>

> Greg, rooting against the Yanks since 1955.

Yes, but it still has a better return on investment that rooting for the Red
Sox<g>.

Here's a funny take on the playoffs...
http://www.msnbc.com/news/974083.asp?0cv=KB20

Tim J.
October 6th, 2003, 04:56 PM
"Greg Pavlov" wrote...
> Stan Gula wrote:
> >
> >Yes, but it still has a better return on investment that rooting for the Red
> >Sox<g>.
>
> ... or betting on them, tho I haven't tried that
> since <HWMNBN> big day.

Bucky who?
--
TL,
Tim

Russell
October 6th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Tim J. wrote:
> "Greg Pavlov" wrote...
>
>>Stan Gula wrote:
>>
>>>Yes, but it still has a better return on investment that rooting for the Red
>>>Sox<g>.
>>
>> ... or betting on them, tho I haven't tried that
>> since <HWMNBN> big day.
>

> Bucky who?

Hear, Hear! Well said.

Russell

rw
October 6th, 2003, 08:22 PM
Greg Pavlov wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:42:18 GMT, "Stan Gula"
> > wrote:
>

>>Yes, but it still has a better return on investment that rooting for the Red
>>Sox<g>.
>

> ... or betting on them, tho I haven't tried that
> since Bucky Dent's big day.

I was in Boston during that event. Man, were people ****ed off at Bucky
Dent!

I've always liked the Red Sox. I recall watching Ted Williams play
against the Orioles in Memorial Stadium. Is it true that they're
considering abandoning Fenway? That would be sad.

Tim J.
October 6th, 2003, 11:11 PM
"rw" wrote...
> Greg Pavlov wrote:
> > On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:22:55 -0700, rw
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>I was in Boston during that event. Man, were people ****ed off at B___T
> >

> > I was sitting next to the guy I bet against in the
> > reception area of the Boston hospital I was
> > working in at the time when he lobbed that
> > pop fly over the green monster.
>
> Two words sum up, for me, the post-season fate of the Red Sox: Bill
> Buckner. :-)
>
> 1986 World Series
>
> Against the odds, I was also in Boston during that deplorable, obscene
> moment. If people were ****ed off at Bucky Dent in 1978, you can imagine
> how they felt about Bill Buckner in 1986.

People with any sense were more ****ed off at the coaching call to leave Buckner
in the game. Buckner's play was a big factor in getting the team TO the series,
but, when he could hardly walk, he should have been replaced.
--
TL,
Tim

rw
October 6th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Greg Pavlov wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:22:55 -0700, rw
> > wrote:
>

>>I was in Boston during that event. Man, were people ****ed off at B___T
>

> I was sitting next to the guy I bet against in the
> reception area of the Boston hospital I was
> working in at the time when he lobbed that
> pop fly over the green monster.

Two words sum up, for me, the post-season fate of the Red Sox: Bill
Buckner. :-)

1986 World Series

Against the odds, I was also in Boston during that deplorable, obscene
moment. If people were ****ed off at Bucky Dent in 1978, you can imagine
how they felt about Bill Buckner in 1986.

Frank Reid
October 6th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Cause and Effect
Cubbies win a playoff game - strangers chat around a water cooler
Cubbies win a playoff series - Deepthroat comes out of the closet
Cubbies make it to the World Series - Sybase buys out Oracle
Cubbies play Red Sox in World Series - Microsoft merges with Sun
Cubbies win World Series - Bill Gates switches to Linux
Houston Texans win Superbowl in '04 but McNabb is MVP - The world as we know
it ends

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

daytripper
October 7th, 2003, 07:32 AM
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 03:05:43 GMT, (Greg Pavlov) wrote:

>10:07 PM and top-posting: the Red Sox really and truly
> aren't sure they want to win, or do they ?

So, exactly which planet have you been living on for the last 85 years?

/daytripper (we don't do *anything* the easy way in Boston ;-)

Tim J.
October 7th, 2003, 02:47 PM
"Tim J." wrote...

> > >Good point.
> >
> > At least it appears that the agony won't be prolonged this year. {:-(
>
> All a Sox fan can say at this point is "Remember Cleveland". . .

I'd like to thank all of the little people who made this prediction possible.

;-)
--
TL,
Tim

daytripper
October 7th, 2003, 11:59 PM
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:13:21 GMT, (Greg Pavlov) wrote:

>On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 06:32:40 GMT, daytripper
> wrote:
>

>>So, exactly which planet have you been living on for the last 85 years?
>
> About 3 of them in the Hub of the Universe and I
> visit every once in a while to regain my own
> centrality. Why do you ask ?

Then you should surely know better than to question how hard we Bostonians
tend to make things on our own ;-)

/daytripper (There's the easy way, and then there's the Boston way ;-)

daytripper
October 8th, 2003, 12:00 AM
On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:47:32 -0400, "Tim J."
> wrote:

>"Tim J." wrote...
>> "George Adams" wrote...

>> > At least it appears that the agony won't be prolonged this year. {:-(
>>
>> All a Sox fan can say at this point is "Remember Cleveland". . .
>
>I'd like to thank all of the little people who made this prediction possible.
>
>;-)

You're welcome ;-)

/daytripper (ok, so what's your "Forecast From The Past" for the ALCS? ;-)

Tim J.
October 8th, 2003, 04:02 AM
"daytripper" wrote...
> Tim J wrote:
> >"Tim J." wrote...
> >> "George Adams" wrote...

> >> All a Sox fan can say at this point is "Remember Cleveland". . .
> >
> >I'd like to thank all of the little people who made this prediction possible.
> >
> >;-)
>
> You're welcome ;-)
>
> /daytripper (ok, so what's your "Forecast From The Past" for the ALCS? ;-)

Hmmm, not much history I want to view in that corner. I'll go with Sox in four.
I just like the sound of that. :)
--
TL,
Tim

Russell Durtschi
October 8th, 2003, 04:39 AM
Tim J. wrote:

> Hmmm, not much history I want to view in that corner. I'll go with Sox in four.
> I just like the sound of that. :)

I love the sound of that too, but realisticly have to say Sox in six.

And make that the Cubs in five and that's with the Marlins coming to bat
at the top of the eleventh in game one.

Russell

Tim J.
October 8th, 2003, 11:45 AM
"Russell Durtschi" wrote...
> Tim J. wrote:
> >
> > Hmmm, not much history I want to view in that corner. I'll go with Sox in
four.
> > I just like the sound of that. :)
>
> I love the sound of that too, but realisticly have to say Sox in six.
>
> And make that the Cubs in five and that's with the Marlins coming to bat
> at the top of the eleventh in game one.

You're new at this prediction stuff, aren't you? :)
--
TL,
Tim

Russell Durtschi
October 8th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Tim J. wrote:

> You're new at this prediction stuff, aren't you? :)

No--just bad at it. Too much heart and not enough brain.

Russell
Who, by the way, does not gamble.

Kevin Vang
October 8th, 2003, 05:59 PM
Russell Durtschi wrote:
> Tim J. wrote:
>
>> You're new at this prediction stuff, aren't you? :)
>

> No--just bad at it. Too much heart and not enough brain.

It's a quandary, ain't it? My heart said Twins, but my
brain said not a chance in hell. Fortunately my brain
kept control of the cash, this time.

Kevin