PDA

View Full Version : F-Fly in small sizes

Mu Young Lee
October 2nd, 2003, 06:14 PM
Has anyone had experience with Marjan Fratnik's F-Flies in sizes smaller
than #20?

Mu

Peter Charles
October 2nd, 2003, 08:29 PM
On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:14:34 -0400, Mu Young Lee >
wrote:

>Has anyone had experience with Marjan Fratnik's F-Flies in sizes smaller
>than #20?
>
>Mu

No but they're on my list to try next year.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply
Eastern Spey Clave, October 4th and 5th, 2003
http://www.easternclave.ca

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Herman Nijland
October 2nd, 2003, 11:01 PM
Mu Young Lee wrote:
> Has anyone had experience with Marjan Fratnik's F-Flies in sizes smaller
> than #20?
>
> Mu

F-flies work in any size. Plus, they're a breeze to tie :-).

Herman

Stephen Welsh
October 2nd, 2003, 11:14 PM
Mu Young Lee > wrote in
pcc.itd.umich.edu
:

> Has anyone had experience with Marjan Fratnik's F-Flies in sizes
> smaller than #20?
>
> Mu

Yup. Work a treat.

Steve

rw
October 3rd, 2003, 06:13 AM
What the heck is an F-Fly? does someone have a link?

Herman Nijland
October 3rd, 2003, 08:25 AM
rw wrote:
> What the heck is an F-Fly? does someone have a link?

Body - tying thread
Wing - bunch of CDC
Clip wing level with hookbend. Finished.
You can tie these in all kinds of sizes and colors to suit for your
local situation, but they work best in the smaller sizes, say #14 and down.

--
Herman

Herman Nijland
October 3rd, 2003, 08:41 AM
Herman Nijland wrote:

> rw wrote:
>
>> What the heck is an F-Fly? does someone have a link?
>>

> Body - tying thread
> Wing - bunch of CDC
> Clip wing level with hookbend. Finished.
> You can tie these in all kinds of sizes and colors to suit for your
> local situation, but they work best in the smaller sizes, say #14 and down.

Sorry to follow-up on my own post, but here's a link for some more
backgroud:
http://www.ribiska-druzina-tolmin.si/zanimivosti_julij99_eng.html

--
Herman