PDA

View Full Version : North Tahoe, Incline Village, Pyramid Lake, Nevada

Jackson West
October 2nd, 2003, 07:18 PM
Looking for some lake shore fishing for me (flies) and my novice
friend (spin). From what I can see, Pyramid Lake looks like a good
opportunity about 90 minutes from Incline Village. Does anyone have
any suggestions one where to go or who to talk to at the lake? I
figured on driving to Sutcliffe and hoping to find a shop where I
could buy a fishing pass for the reservation and get some suggestions,
but if anyone has fished there in October and could give me some
guidance that would be great. Thanks!

Jackson West

brians
October 2nd, 2003, 07:35 PM
Jackson West wrote:

> Looking for some lake shore fishing for me (flies) and my novice
> friend (spin). From what I can see, Pyramid Lake looks like a good
> opportunity about 90 minutes from Incline Village. Does anyone have
> any suggestions one where to go or who to talk to at the lake? I
> figured on driving to Sutcliffe and hoping to find a shop where I
> could buy a fishing pass for the reservation and get some suggestions,
> but if anyone has fished there in October and could give me some
> guidance that would be great. Thanks!
>
> Jackson West

These guys have up to date info on Pyramid and surrounding areas.

http://www.renoflyshop.com/

Also try this for local Tahoe info.

http://www.tahoeflyfishing.com

brians

Larry L
October 2nd, 2003, 08:16 PM
Not experienced there, but if you have California license
Davis Lake usually starts to fish very well about now and on until "too
damn cold" time in Nov

This Portola mini-store provides a remarkably honest and up to date report

http://www.dollardsmarket.com/fishing.html

I've found "cinnamon wooly buggers" with a long tail and fairly small size
fished pretty dang slow work well in Fall ( usually, YMMV, and other
disclaimers implied ) ...watch for takes on the drop ... at least half my
fish are taken then, not on the retrieve

Sierra fisher
October 3rd, 2003, 04:29 PM
Pyramid lake closes about July 1 and opens sometime in October. Call the
Reno Fly Shop to get dates.
Pyramid lake is an outstanding fishery in the spring when the cutthroats are
are thinking of spawning. The rest of the year you would probably do better
on one of the higher Sierra lakes.
"Jackson West" > wrote in message
om...
> Looking for some lake shore fishing for me (flies) and my novice
> friend (spin). From what I can see, Pyramid Lake looks like a good
> opportunity about 90 minutes from Incline Village. Does anyone have
> any suggestions one where to go or who to talk to at the lake? I
> figured on driving to Sutcliffe and hoping to find a shop where I
> could buy a fishing pass for the reservation and get some suggestions,
> but if anyone has fished there in October and could give me some
> guidance that would be great. Thanks!
>
> Jackson West

---