PDA

View Full Version : Fattie

Peter A. Collin
April 28th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Got him this morning. The second red wrap on my rod marks 20 inches.
Took a little Clouser minnow.

Pete Collin

Ken Fortenberry
April 28th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Peter A. Collin wrote:
> Got him this morning. The second red wrap on my rod marks 20 inches.
> Took a little Clouser minnow.

Shoot, when I saw the Subject: header I was expecting a picture
of a nice spliff. ;-)

Nice fish and a classic rig. Is that a Montague 'boo with that
old Pflueger Medalist ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

Bass_Mr.[_3_]
April 28th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Nice fish Peter. Where are you fishing ?
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
> Peter A. Collin wrote:
>> Got him this morning. The second red wrap on my rod marks 20 inches.
>> Took a little Clouser minnow.
>
> Shoot, when I saw the Subject: header I was expecting a picture
> of a nice spliff. ;-)
>
> Nice fish and a classic rig. Is that a Montague 'boo with that
> old Pflueger Medalist ?
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry

Dave LaCourse
April 28th, 2007, 10:39 PM
On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:37:35 -0500, Ken Fortenberry
> wrote:

>Nice fish and a classic rig. Is that a Montague 'boo with that
>old Pflueger Medalist ?

That rod was made by Peter, I would imagine. I have a similar one in
a 5 weight.

Peter A. Collin
April 29th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
> Peter A. Collin wrote:
>> Got him this morning. The second red wrap on my rod marks 20 inches.
>> Took a little Clouser minnow.
>
> Shoot, when I saw the Subject: header I was expecting a picture
> of a nice spliff. ;-)
>
> Nice fish and a classic rig. Is that a Montague 'boo with that
> old Pflueger Medalist ?

It is a Peter Collin boo. I spit on Montague!

Ken Fortenberry
April 29th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Peter A. Collin wrote:
> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>> Peter A. Collin wrote:
>>> Got him this morning. The second red wrap on my rod marks 20 inches.
>>> Took a little Clouser minnow.
>>
>> Shoot, when I saw the Subject: header I was expecting a picture
>> of a nice spliff. ;-)
>>
>> Nice fish and a classic rig. Is that a Montague 'boo with that
>> old Pflueger Medalist ?
>>
> It is a Peter Collin boo. I spit on Montague!

Sorry about that, I thought the reel seat looked similar to an
old Montague 'boo. That's a nice looking outfit, real classic
and classy.

--
Ken Fortenberry

rw
April 29th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Peter A. Collin wrote:
> Got him this morning. The second red wrap on my rod marks 20 inches.
> Took a little Clouser minnow.

Outstanding fish, Peter, even though it's an exotic. :-)

I'm dying to go trout fishing, but I'm stuck in the Bay Area for another
week, and the season in Idaho is pretty much closed through May, except
for lakes and private water. I have my eye on some spring-creek Indian
reservation water in eastern Idaho.

asadi
April 29th, 2007, 09:03 AM
"Peter A. Collin" > wrote in message
> Ken Fortenberry wrote:
>> Peter A. Collin wrote:
>>> Got him this morning. The second red wrap on my rod marks 20 inches.
>>> Took a little Clouser minnow.
>>
>> Shoot, when I saw the Subject: header I was expecting a picture
>> of a nice spliff. ;-)
>>
>> Nice fish and a classic rig. Is that a Montague 'boo with that
>> old Pflueger Medalist ?
>>
> It is a Peter Collin boo. I spit on Montague!

How dare you spit on one of my first fly rods. Why the audacity! Pick up the
glove sir! Be thou forever barred form the threshold of the house of Horton!

fat fish...

john

Peter A. Collin
April 29th, 2007, 10:52 AM
asadi wrote:

>> It is a Peter Collin boo. I spit on Montague!
>
> How dare you spit on one of my first fly rods. Why the audacity! Pick up the
> glove sir! Be thou forever barred form the threshold of the house of Horton!
>
> fat fish...
>
> john

I thought that might have sounded a bit arrogant! Too many Monty python
movies! I just know that Montagues were pretty low in the bamboo rod
heierarchy, and I try to aim a bit higher than that.

Pete

Dave LaCourse
April 29th, 2007, 01:37 PM
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 05:52:11 -0400, "Peter A. Collin"
> wrote:

>I thought that might have sounded a bit arrogant! Too many Monty python
>movies! I just know that Montagues were pretty low in the bamboo rod
>heierarchy, and I try to aim a bit higher than that.

Peter, I learned to fly fish on an old Montague and another boo that
was made in occupied Japan and sold at Sears for $5. I can assure you
that the rod you built for me is far better than any Montague.

Dave

Peter A. Collin
April 29th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Dave LaCourse wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 05:52:11 -0400, "Peter A. Collin"
> > wrote:
>
>> I thought that might have sounded a bit arrogant! Too many Monty python
>> movies! I just know that Montagues were pretty low in the bamboo rod
>> heierarchy, and I try to aim a bit higher than that.
>
> Peter, I learned to fly fish on an old Montague and another boo that
> was made in occupied Japan and sold at Sears for $5. I can assure you
> that the rod you built for me is far better than any Montague.
>
> Dave

Thanks, Dave. You must be getting psyched to go to the Rapid.

Pete

Dave LaCourse
April 29th, 2007, 06:38 PM
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 08:47:16 -0400, "Peter A. Collin"
> wrote:

>Thanks, Dave. You must be getting psyched to go to the Rapid.

Yeah, I have cabin fever pretty badly. Going up in mid-May for ice
out, then the end of May. As I do every year, I'll fish your rod at
least once, along with Zimmerman's, Gehrke's, and Ron Kussee's. I
landed a very nice brook trout last June on your rod - probably went 4
pounds.

Dave