PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have Yours Yet?

George Cleveland
October 3rd, 2003, 08:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2757257584&category=23813

Things just get weirder and weirder here in cheeseland.

g.c.

Frank Reid
October 3rd, 2003, 08:48 PM
> Things just get weirder and weirder here in cheeseland.
>
> g.c.

" These two are a one-of-a-kind, handmade collectable for the serious
Wisconsin resident, Green Bay Packers fan, and or Salmon/steelhead
fisherman."

Hmmm, two are "one of a kind?"

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Ernie
October 3rd, 2003, 09:00 PM
"Frank Reid" <moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> wrote in message
> > Things just get weirder and weirder here in cheeseland.
> > g.c.

> " These two are a one-of-a-kind, handmade collectable for the serious
> Wisconsin resident, Green Bay Packers fan, and or Salmon/steelhead
> fisherman."
>
> Hmmm, two are "one of a kind?"
> Frank Reid

Yup, they can do things like that in Wisconsin.
Ernie

Guyz-N-Flyz
October 3rd, 2003, 09:07 PM
"George Cleveland" > wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2757257584&category=23813

> Things just get weirder and weirder here in cheeseland.
>
> g.c.

Personally, I prefer the white Swiss cheese fly pattern.

Op --or a straight sharp cheddar fly--

Peter Charles
October 3rd, 2003, 09:27 PM
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 20:00:15 GMT, "Ernie"
> wrote:

>"Frank Reid" <moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> wrote in message
>> > Things just get weirder and weirder here in cheeseland.
>> > g.c.
>
>> " These two are a one-of-a-kind, handmade collectable for the serious
>> Wisconsin resident, Green Bay Packers fan, and or Salmon/steelhead
>> fisherman."
>>
>> Hmmm, two are "one of a kind?"
>> Frank Reid
>
>Yup, they can do things like that in Wisconsin.
>Ernie

must be a cheesehead thing -- wearing big blocks of cheese on one's
head must be capable of producing all sorts of aberrations in
perception

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply
Eastern Spey Clave, October 4th and 5th, 2003
http://www.easternclave.ca

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Charlie Choc
October 3rd, 2003, 09:36 PM
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:48:20 -0400, "Frank Reid"
<moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> wrote:

>> Things just get weirder and weirder here in cheeseland.
>>
>> g.c.
>
>" These two are a one-of-a-kind, handmade collectable for the serious
>Wisconsin resident, Green Bay Packers fan, and or Salmon/steelhead
>fisherman."
>
>Hmmm, two are "one of a kind?"

The flies look different, so each could be one of a kind.
--
Charlie...

Charlie Choc
October 3rd, 2003, 10:11 PM
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 21:11:52 GMT,
(George Cleveland) wrote:

>Well looking at the big picture is everything not one of a kind, from the cosmos
>to the person, to the cells in the body of that person, to the molecules in the
>same person, to those molecules constituent atoms, to the quarks and other sub
>atomic particles that reside in that atom?
>
>g.c.
>
>Who has to stop drinking Leinenkugels at 3:30 in the afternoon.

So you're saying the two flies in the picture are the same pattern and
different only on a subatomic level? Must be easy to match your hatch
- just apply alcohol. <g>
--
Charlie...

George Cleveland
October 3rd, 2003, 10:11 PM
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:36:13 -0400, Charlie Choc
> wrote:

>On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:48:20 -0400, "Frank Reid"
><moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> wrote:
>
>>> Things just get weirder and weirder here in cheeseland.
>>>
>>> g.c.
>>
>>" These two are a one-of-a-kind, handmade collectable for the serious
>>Wisconsin resident, Green Bay Packers fan, and or Salmon/steelhead
>>fisherman."
>>
>>Hmmm, two are "one of a kind?"
>
>The flies look different, so each could be one of a kind.
>--
>Charlie...
Well looking at the big picture is everything not one of a kind, from the cosmos
to the person, to the cells in the body of that person, to the molecules in the
same person, to those molecules constituent atoms, to the quarks and other sub
atomic particles that reside in that atom?

g.c.

Who has to stop drinking Leinenkugels at 3:30 in the afternoon.

Svend Tang-Petersen
October 3rd, 2003, 10:26 PM
George Cleveland wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2757257584&category=23813
>
> Things just get weirder and weirder here in cheeseland.
>
> g.c.

Is it just me or does it look kind of cheesy ?

--

Svend

Svend Tang-Petersen, MSc Email:
SGI Pager:
1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy Phone: (+1) 650 933 3618
Mountain View
California 94043
USA

George Cleveland
October 3rd, 2003, 10:30 PM
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 17:11:47 -0400, Charlie Choc
> wrote:

>On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 21:11:52 GMT,
>(George Cleveland) wrote:
>
>>Well looking at the big picture is everything not one of a kind, from the cosmos
>>to the person, to the cells in the body of that person, to the molecules in the
>>same person, to those molecules constituent atoms, to the quarks and other sub
>>atomic particles that reside in that atom?
>>
>>g.c.
>>
>>Who has to stop drinking Leinenkugels at 3:30 in the afternoon.
>
>So you're saying the two flies in the picture are the same pattern and
>different only on a subatomic level? Must be easy to match your hatch
>- just apply alcohol. <g>
>--
>Charlie...
Or is the universe instead just various manifestations of the vastly inflated
singularity that was the Big Bang? Is everything, including Wooly Buggers and
#28 Plauditis emergers just the Whole in its various forms.

g.c.

Switching to the J&B that Joel left last June doesn't seem to be helping.

George Cleveland
October 3rd, 2003, 11:42 PM
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:26:44 -0700, rw > wrote:

>George Cleveland wrote:
>>
>> Well looking at the big picture is everything not one of a kind, from the cosmos
>> to the person, to the cells in the body of that person, to the molecules in the
>> same person, to those molecules constituent atoms, to the quarks and other sub
>> atomic particles that reside in that atom?
>
>No. It's a peculiarity of quantum mechanics that every "elementary"
>particle (of some particular class) is completely indistinguishable from
>every other one. If you replace an electron in an atom, say, with
>another electron, there is absolutely no way to tell the difference.
>
>--
>Cut "to the chase" for my email address.

Cooool!

g.c.

Charlie Choc
October 3rd, 2003, 11:43 PM
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:26:44 -0700, rw
> wrote:

>No. It's a peculiarity of quantum mechanics that every "elementary"
>particle (of some particular class) is completely indistinguishable from
>every other one. If you replace an electron in an atom, say, with
>another electron, there is absolutely no way to tell the difference.

They would have different wave functions, though. The particles would
also have to have the same state to be 'indistinguishable'.
--
Charlie...

Charlie Choc
October 4th, 2003, 12:11 AM
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:58:28 -0700, rw
> wrote:

>Charlie Choc wrote:
>> On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:26:44 -0700, rw
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>No. It's a peculiarity of quantum mechanics that every "elementary"
>>>particle (of some particular class) is completely indistinguishable from
>>>every other one. If you replace an electron in an atom, say, with
>>>another electron, there is absolutely no way to tell the difference.
>>

>> They would have different wave functions, though. The particles would
>> also have to have the same state to be 'indistinguishable'.
>
>I knew you'd start nitpicking, Charlie. :-) I didn't really want to
>write a treatise of quantum dynamics.

I'm sure you didn't. <g>
--
Charlie...

daytripper
October 4th, 2003, 12:16 AM
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 19:40:23 GMT, (George
Cleveland) wrote:

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2757257584&category=23813
>
>Things just get weirder and weirder here in cheeseland.
>
>g.c.

We should hook this guy up with www.bassfanatic.com ;-)

Wayne Harrison
October 4th, 2003, 12:24 AM
"Charlie Choc" > wrote

> >I knew you'd start nitpicking, Charlie. :-) I didn't really want to
> >write a treatise of quantum dynamics.
>
> I'm sure you didn't. <g>
> --
> Charlie...

hilarious. and a masterpiece of understatement.

yfitons
wayno

rw
October 4th, 2003, 12:26 AM
George Cleveland wrote:

> Well looking at the big picture is everything not one of a kind, from the cosmos
> to the person, to the cells in the body of that person, to the molecules in the
> same person, to those molecules constituent atoms, to the quarks and other sub
> atomic particles that reside in that atom?

No. It's a peculiarity of quantum mechanics that every "elementary"
particle (of some particular class) is completely indistinguishable from
every other one. If you replace an electron in an atom, say, with
another electron, there is absolutely no way to tell the difference.

rw
October 4th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Charlie Choc wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:26:44 -0700, rw
> > wrote:
>

>>No. It's a peculiarity of quantum mechanics that every "elementary"
>>particle (of some particular class) is completely indistinguishable from
>>every other one. If you replace an electron in an atom, say, with
>>another electron, there is absolutely no way to tell the difference.
>

> They would have different wave functions, though. The particles would
> also have to have the same state to be 'indistinguishable'.

I knew you'd start nitpicking, Charlie. :-) I didn't really want to
write a treatise of quantum dynamics.

The point is that it makes no physical sense to assign individual
identities to electrons and protons and so on, in the same way that you
might name, say, dogs.

In other words, an electron isn't "one of a kind." Electrons are "all of
a kind."

Wayne Harrison
October 4th, 2003, 01:26 AM
"rw" > wrote in message
. ..
> Wayne Harrison wrote:
> >
> > hilarious. and a masterpiece of understatement.
>
> You wouldn't know a wave function if it shot right up your ass and came
> out your nose. :-)

and, according to le duc du chocolat, neither would you. and i never
claimed to have such knowledge. and will never give a **** about having
same. smiley.\\

wayno

Tim J.
October 4th, 2003, 01:29 AM
"rw" wrote...
> Wayne Harrison wrote:
> >
> > hilarious. and a masterpiece of understatement.
>
> You wouldn't know a wave function if it shot right up your ass and came
> out your nose. :-)

DUDE! I was, like, doing the surf one time and, like, actually had a *gnarly*
wave shoot right up my ass and out my nose right as I sliced and diced. It was,
like, a TOTALLY COSMIC experience, dude.

Gotta run, dude. 'Spose to glass off at 5 with the off-shore blow. Later.
--
Ta,
Tim

rw
October 4th, 2003, 01:39 AM
Wayne Harrison wrote:

> hilarious. and a masterpiece of understatement.

You wouldn't know a wave function if it shot right up your ass and came
out your nose. :-)

George Cleveland
October 4th, 2003, 01:44 AM
On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 00:29:31 GMT, "Tim J." >
wrote:

>"rw" wrote...
>> Wayne Harrison wrote:
>> >
>> > hilarious. and a masterpiece of understatement.
>>
>> You wouldn't know a wave function if it shot right up your ass and came
>> out your nose. :-)
>
>DUDE! I was, like, doing the surf one time and, like, actually had a *gnarly*
>wave shoot right up my ass and out my nose right as I sliced and diced. It was,
>like, a TOTALLY COSMIC experience, dude.
>
>Gotta run, dude. 'Spose to glass off at 5 with the off-shore blow. Later.
>--
>Ta,
>Tim
>http://css.sbcma.com/timj

Friggin kids.

g.c.

Stan Gula
October 4th, 2003, 02:08 AM
"Charlie Choc" > wrote in message
> >No. It's a peculiarity of quantum mechanics that every "elementary"
> >particle (of some particular class) is completely indistinguishable from
> >every other one. If you replace an electron in an atom, say, with
> >another electron, there is absolutely no way to tell the difference.
>
> They would have different wave functions, though. The particles would
> also have to have the same state to be 'indistinguishable'.
> --
> Charlie...

They're both in Wisconsin. QED

Mike
October 4th, 2003, 03:22 AM
So what your saying then is an electron is an electron is an electron And a
proton is a proton is a proton............ and so on and so forth...Personally
i like 16 year old Vermont xtra sharp chedda......don't know where to get 16
year old Cheesehead state xtra shap chedda

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick

Frank Reid
October 4th, 2003, 03:25 AM
> DUDE! I was, like, doing the surf one time and, like, actually had a
*gnarly*
> wave shoot right up my ass and out my nose right as I sliced and diced. It
was,
> like, a TOTALLY COSMIC experience, dude.
>
> Gotta run, dude. 'Spose to glass off at 5 with the off-shore blow. Later.

Like, I was gettin' some tube at Tin Can on my knee board and got the salty
Fleets my own gnarly self. Man, its better'n blowin' the Jay at the Wedge.
Spew grunion man, spew grunion.
(translation: I was inside the curl of a wave on a surf board, that is
ridden from the kneeling position, at Bolsa Chica beach in California when
the wave broke behind me and shoved saline solution through my rectum. It
was still more enjoyable than being caught in the cross current particular
to the "Wedge" wherein waves come into a rock jetty and a steep beach,
concentrating the waves in a funnel and surfers have been known to be thrown
over the top of the jetty by the force of the waves. Experience projectile
emesis with small fish, my friend, experience projectile emesis with small
fish.)
--
Frank (flashbacks R us) Reid
Reverse email to reply

Tim J.
October 4th, 2003, 04:31 AM
"Frank Reid" wrote...

> Spew grunion man, spew grunion.
<snip>
> (translation: . . . Experience projectile
> emesis with small fish, my friend, experience projectile emesis with small
> fish.)

Damn! I wish I'd thought of that. Though I went on many excursions to see the
grunion runs, I never did actually see one. Several times my ol' friend JD made
sure I didn't stay awake 'til the witching hour, and once. . . well, there was
this girl. . . strange and wonderful things can happen on the beach after
midnight. :)
--
TL,
Tim

Wolfgang
October 4th, 2003, 04:32 AM
wrote:

> >George Cleveland wrote:
> >>
> >> Well looking at the big picture is everything not one of a kind, from
the cosmos
> >> to the person, to the cells in the body of that person, to the
molecules in the
> >> same person, to those molecules constituent atoms, to the quarks and
other sub
> >> atomic particles that reside in that atom?
> >
> >No. It's a peculiarity of quantum mechanics that every "elementary"
> >particle (of some particular class) is completely indistinguishable from
> >every other one. If you replace an electron in an atom, say, with
> >another electron, there is absolutely no way to tell the difference.
> >
> >--
> >Cut "to the chase" for my email address.
> >
> Cooool!
>

> g.c.

Dere now, see what'cha gone and done, Georgie, eh? Ya got Tweedledee and
Tweedledum (or maybe it's dum and dee.....never could tell da one from
t'otter) all twitterpated and so excited dey jumped clean up to anotter
energy state, ya know? And dere's old Humpty lyin' on da ground and don't
neider one of 'em even remember what da problem was, ainna? Well, anyways,
I guess dey got dat old ionoshpere warmed up pretty good........maybe we see
da lights tanight, eh?

Wolfgang
wormholes?......hell, we got lots'a dose.....c'mere an looka dis baby swiss.

Wolfgang
October 4th, 2003, 04:40 AM
"Stan Gula" > wrote in message

> "Charlie Choc" > wrote in message
> > >No. It's a peculiarity of quantum mechanics that every "elementary"
> > >particle (of some particular class) is completely indistinguishable
from
> > >every other one. If you replace an electron in an atom, say, with
> > >another electron, there is absolutely no way to tell the difference.
> >
> > They would have different wave functions, though. The particles would
> > also have to have the same state to be 'indistinguishable'.
> > --
> > Charlie...
>
> They're both in Wisconsin. QED

Sure, but by this time next week there's no telling what particular state
they might be in and, as is implicit in the arguments put forth above,
there's no way you could tell 'em from a native once they get there. No
good can come of this. :(

Wolfgang
whose mama was a boson's mate........it was a rough childhood.

slenon
October 4th, 2003, 04:17 PM
rw:
>You wouldn't know a wave function if it shot right >up your ass and came
out your nose. :-)

That's why I quit drinking those nasty old RC colas. Those wave functions
sure do clean your sinuses.

----
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar