PDA

View Full Version : 45lb Tuna from this weekend

Charles Summers
May 9th, 2007, 05:44 PM

Nogood Boyo
May 10th, 2007, 10:37 AM
On Wed, 9 May 2007 at 11:44:24 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Charles
Summers wrote:

FFS, couldn't you have cleaned it up and portrayed it a bit more
sensitively than that?

--
Nogood Boyo

Charles Summers
May 10th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Naa... I wanted PETA to get a good look at it.

"Nogood Boyo" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 9 May 2007 at 11:44:24 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Charles
> Summers wrote:
>>
> FFS, couldn't you have cleaned it up and portrayed it a bit more
> sensitively than that?
>
> --
> Nogood Boyo

Nogood Boyo
May 11th, 2007, 10:16 AM
On Thu, 10 May 2007 at 08:07:24 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Charles
Summers wrote:
>"Nogood Boyo" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 9 May 2007 at 11:44:24 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Charles
>> Summers wrote:
>>>
>> FFS, couldn't you have cleaned it up and portrayed it a bit more
>> sensitively than that?
>>
>Naa... I wanted PETA to get a good look at it.

A lot of anglers will have been disgusted by that picture of a fine
fish, let alone PETA.

--
Nogood Boyo

Charles Summers
May 11th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Maybe you shouldn't go tuna fishing...

"Nogood Boyo" > wrote in message

> A lot of anglers will have been disgusted by that picture of a fine fish,
> let alone PETA.
>
> --
> Nogood Boyo

Dan[_2_]
May 12th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Nogood Boyo wrote:
> On Thu, 10 May 2007 at 08:07:24 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Charles
> Summers wrote:
>> "Nogood Boyo" > wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 9 May 2007 at 11:44:24 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Charles
>>> Summers wrote:
>>>>
>>> FFS, couldn't you have cleaned it up and portrayed it a bit more
>>> sensitively than that?
>>>
>> Naa... I wanted PETA to get a good look at it.
>>
> A lot of anglers will have been disgusted by that picture of a fine
> fish, let alone PETA.

That's tuna fishing. They bleed a lot before they die - often on
purpose so there is good, clean meat. The other fish may not bleed so
much but they still end up on ice and, later, the dinner plate.

"A lot of anglers"? You must be speaking of those (on their behalf) who
have only fished in freshwater.

Ever been deer hunting?

Nogood Boyo
May 12th, 2007, 12:38 PM
On Fri, 11 May 2007 at 14:04:51 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Charles
Summers wrote:

>"Nogood Boyo" > wrote in message
>>>
>> A lot of anglers will have been disgusted by that picture of a fine fish,
>> let alone PETA.
>>
>Maybe you shouldn't go tuna fishing...

You obviously don't get my point.

--
Nogood Boyo

Putain
May 12th, 2007, 05:11 PM
"Nogood Boyo" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 May 2007 at 08:07:24 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Charles
> Summers wrote:
> >"Nogood Boyo" > wrote in message
> >> On Wed, 9 May 2007 at 11:44:24 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Charles
> >> Summers wrote:
> >>>
> >> FFS, couldn't you have cleaned it up and portrayed it a bit more
> >> sensitively than that?
> >>
> >Naa... I wanted PETA to get a good look at it.
> >
> A lot of anglers will have been disgusted by that picture of a fine
> fish, let alone PETA.

Yes, anglers, regardless of whether they ever eat fish or not, who have
never cleaned a fish on their own.
If the sight of fish blood is disgusting then you shouldn't be fishing at
all.

Fishking
May 12th, 2007, 08:04 PM
"Nogood Boyo" > wrote in message > FFS, couldn't you
have cleaned it up and portrayed it a bit more
> sensitively than that?

I however am disgusted, disgusted that I wasn't there to make that
cut..fresh tuna is awesome

Nogood Boyo
May 13th, 2007, 10:21 PM
On Sat, 12 May 2007 at 16:11:58 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Putain
wrote:

>"Nogood Boyo" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 10 May 2007 at 08:07:24 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Charles
>> Summers wrote:

>> >Naa... I wanted PETA to get a good look at it.
>> >
>> A lot of anglers will have been disgusted by that picture of a fine
>> fish, let alone PETA.
>>

>Yes, anglers, regardless of whether they ever eat fish or not, who have
>never cleaned a fish on their own.
>If the sight of fish blood is disgusting then you shouldn't be fishing at
>all.

You miss my point as well. I'm not squeamish about blood. I kill and
clean all my fish because I don't believe in C&R. But was that supposed
to be a picture of a fine fish..? or a picture of the killing of a
fish..? I'd prefer fine fish to be portrayed in such a way that we can
see them at their best. Not upside down with a gaff in them and blood
all over the place.

--
Nogood Boyo

Putain
May 15th, 2007, 02:04 AM
"Nogood Boyo" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 May 2007 at 16:11:58 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Putain
> wrote:
> >
> >"Nogood Boyo" > wrote in message
> >> On Thu, 10 May 2007 at 08:07:24 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charles
Charles

> >> A lot of anglers will have been disgusted by that picture of a fine
> >> fish, let alone PETA.
> >>

> >Yes, anglers, regardless of whether they ever eat fish or not, who have
> >never cleaned a fish on their own.
> >If the sight of fish blood is disgusting then you shouldn't be fishing at
> >all.
> >
> You miss my point as well. I'm not squeamish about blood. I kill and
> clean all my fish because I don't believe in C&R. But was that supposed
> to be a picture of a fine fish..? or a picture of the killing of a
> fish..? I'd prefer fine fish to be portrayed in such a way that we can
> see them at their best. Not upside down with a gaff in them and blood
> all over the place.
>
> --
> Nogood Boyo

If your point was simply that it wasn't a good photograph artistically, as
compared to a nice posed one displaying the fish
in it's full beauty and glory, I'd say you certainly didn't convey it very
well. At all in fact.
Have you ever been tuna fishing? Due to the characteristic of the fish and
the fact that the size calls for gaffing, it's always a
pretty bloody affair. The photo depicted a scene I've seen before and I
didn't find it "disgusting" at all.

Peter
May 16th, 2007, 12:22 AM
On Tue, 15 May 2007 01:04:18 GMT, "Putain" >
wrote:

>"Nogood Boyo" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 12 May 2007 at 16:11:58 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Putain
>> wrote:

>Charles
>Charles

>> >Yes, anglers, regardless of whether they ever eat fish or not, who have
>> >never cleaned a fish on their own.
>> >If the sight of fish blood is disgusting then you shouldn't be fishing at
>> >all.
>> >
>> You miss my point as well. I'm not squeamish about blood. I kill and
>> clean all my fish because I don't believe in C&R. But was that supposed
>> to be a picture of a fine fish..? or a picture of the killing of a
>> fish..? I'd prefer fine fish to be portrayed in such a way that we can
>> see them at their best. Not upside down with a gaff in them and blood
>> all over the place.
>>
>> --
>> Nogood Boyo
>
>If your point was simply that it wasn't a good photograph artistically, as
>compared to a nice posed one displaying the fish
>in it's full beauty and glory, I'd say you certainly didn't convey it very
>well. At all in fact.
>Have you ever been tuna fishing? Due to the characteristic of the fish and
>the fact that the size calls for gaffing, it's always a
>pretty bloody affair. The photo depicted a scene I've seen before and I
>didn't find it "disgusting" at all.

Actually, I found it kind of disgusting because the gaff hook
obviously spoiled a sizeable amount of the fish's meat. Out of San
Diego, where I fish tuna, the skippers and crew pride themselves in
head-gaffing the fish so as not to mess up the meat. Here's an example
(a 30 lb class bluefin from several years ago)

(This is my first post -- I hope I get the attachment right.)

Peter

Peter
May 16th, 2007, 12:22 AM

Nogood Boyo
May 17th, 2007, 12:38 PM
On Tue, 15 May 2007 at 23:22:19 in alt.binaries.pictures.fishing Peter
wrote:

>>"Nogood Boyo" > wrote in message

>>Charles
>>Charles

>>> You miss my point as well. I'm not squeamish about blood. I kill and
>>> clean all my fish because I don't believe in C&R. But was that supposed
>>> to be a picture of a fine fish..? or a picture of the killing of a
>>> fish..? I'd prefer fine fish to be portrayed in such a way that we can
>>> see them at their best. Not upside down with a gaff in them and blood
>>> all over the place.
>>>
>>If your point was simply that it wasn't a good photograph artistically, as
>>compared to a nice posed one displaying the fish
>>in it's full beauty and glory, I'd say you certainly didn't convey it very
>>well. At all in fact.

I thought I did. My original post was "FFS, couldn't you have cleaned
it up and portrayed it a bit more sensitively than that?" The response
"I wanted PETA to get a good look at it" was crass.

>>Have you ever been tuna fishing? Due to the characteristic of the fish and
>>the fact that the size calls for gaffing, it's always a
>>pretty bloody affair. The photo depicted a scene I've seen before and I
>>didn't find it "disgusting" at all.
>>

>Actually, I found it kind of disgusting because the gaff hook
>obviously spoiled a sizeable amount of the fish's meat. Out of San
>Diego, where I fish tuna, the skippers and crew pride themselves in
>head-gaffing the fish so as not to mess up the meat. Here's an example
>(a 30 lb class bluefin from several years ago)

That's more like it - a picture which conveys the catching of a good
fish rather than just the bloody landing. And presumably the
head-gaffing kills the fish as well...

--
Nogood Boyo