PDA

View Full Version : Back...Back...Back......It's OT of here! (GO 'SOX!)

daytripper
October 5th, 2003, 09:14 PM
The Red Sox bats come back to life, and we're going to Game 5!

Last night's game was the ugliest win I've seen in decades.
Today's win was nothing short of heroic!

We've been flipping channels like crazy between the Sox and the Patriots (who
are up to their eyeballs in Titans), thank god the soccer game wasn't on at
the same time...

/daytripper ("Beat the curse!" ;-)

George Adams
October 5th, 2003, 10:12 PM
>From: daytripper

>The Red Sox bats come back to life, and we're going to Game 5!

Great game! Good to see Manny and Ortiz brought their bats today. Now a normal
baseball fan would be elated and full of confidence, what with Pedro starting
tomorrow, and all, but a Red Sox fan has to be thinking, "When will the hammer
drop?" "When will the curse kick in?" Will it be tomorrow...or against the evil
empire...or in the sixth game of the world series???? Or never?

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

Mike
October 6th, 2003, 04:13 AM
O.K. youse guys time to think positive.....Nomah's sweetie is not in the finals
think they will let her go and watch Nomah play ball??????? Pats looked half
way decent today some no-names doing pretty good.....

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick

daytripper
October 6th, 2003, 06:52 AM
On 06 Oct 2003 03:13:26 GMT, (Mike) wrote:

>O.K. youse guys time to think positive.....Nomah's sweetie is not in the finals
>think they will let her go and watch Nomah play ball??????? Pats looked half
>way decent today some no-names doing pretty good.....

If I'm breathing I'm thinking positive ;-)

It was a heck of a good day for New England sports fans, though a tough loss
for the wimmen footballers. Going 89 minutes down just one goal and really
outplaying the Germans is going to be tough to live with for a few days.
Hopefully Mia doesn't bum Nomah out (he's been rocky enough on defense the
last couple of games)...

All I know is I'm leaving work early to catch up on a few zzzz's before the
game starts. These Left Coast night games are a beyotch...

/daytripper ("Reverse The Curse!" ;-)

Frank Reid
October 6th, 2003, 10:57 AM
> All I know is I'm leaving work early to catch up on a few zzzz's before
the
> game starts. These Left Coast night games are a beyotch...
>
> /daytripper ("Reverse The Curse!" ;-)

Hell, I gotta go buy a lottery ticket. If the Cubbies can win in the post
season, anything can happen. What is this world coming to?
For you non-baseball fans around the world, last nigh the Chicago Cubs won
their first series in the post-season playoffs since 1908.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

rb608
October 6th, 2003, 04:14 PM
"daytripper" > wrote in message
> though a tough loss
> for the wimmen footballers. Going 89 minutes down just one goal and really
> outplaying the Germans is going to be tough to live with for a few days.

True dat. Great game by the women; damn tough to be on the wrong side of
the score. If the ref had her whistle out of her pocket (& her head out of
her ass) for that trip in the box, the resulting PK could have made all the
difference. Enough sour grapes. Go Sox.

Joe F.

Kevin Vang
October 6th, 2003, 04:21 PM
daytripper wrote:

> All I know is I'm leaving work early to catch up on a few zzzz's before the
> game starts. These Left Coast night games are a beyotch...

Well, best of luck to ya, but the Yankees are up next... the
Twins were the hottest team in baseball going into the playoffs,
and watching them go up against the Yankees pitching staff was
like watching a grasshopper try to take on the radiator grill of a
Mack truck.

Go Vikes!

Kevin