PDA

View Full Version : Flies Tied by Kids

Peter A. Collin
May 21st, 2007, 05:47 PM
The other day I sat my 2 nephews and niece down to vises and taught them
how to tie a fly. I asked them if they wanted something simple or
challenging, and they opted for the latter. It is a crayfish pattern of
my own making. I was very pleased with how they did.

Pete Collin

May 21st, 2007, 07:33 PM
On 21-May-2007, "Peter A. Collin" > wrote:

> The other day I sat my 2 nephews and niece down to vises and taught them
> how to tie a fly. I asked them if they wanted something simple or
> challenging, and they opted for the latter. It is a crayfish pattern of
> my own making. I was very pleased with how they did.
>
> Pete Collin
>
> << Attached file: KidsFlies.JPG (46,638 bytes) >>

Great idea!
Wonderful flies and a nice photo.

Thanks
Fred

The Great Gazooka[_2_]
May 21st, 2007, 07:46 PM
On Mon, 21 May 2007 18:33:12 GMT, wrote:

>On 21-May-2007, "Peter A. Collin" > wrote:
>
>> The other day I sat my 2 nephews and niece down to vises and taught them
>> how to tie a fly. I asked them if they wanted something simple or
>> challenging, and they opted for the latter. It is a crayfish pattern of
>> my own making. I was very pleased with how they did.
>>
>> Pete Collin
>>
>> << Attached file: KidsFlies.JPG (46,638 bytes) >>
>
>Great idea!
>Wonderful flies and a nice photo.
>
>Thanks
>Fred
You know a lot about flies. don't you......................like the
fastest way to unzip one.

John
May 22nd, 2007, 04:56 AM
They did great! For a gift that keeps on giving, try the following.

You and the kids tie up 4 each.
Get 4 8 1/2 x 11" clear plastic display cases like sold by Tap Plastics for
$7.95 or shadow boxes for more upscale.
Mount each fly, everyone signs their name and age.
Ten years from now all four of you will treasure each's case because of the
memories you all had together.

Good luck and way to go.
John

"Peter A. Collin" > wrote in message
> The other day I sat my 2 nephews and niece down to vises and taught them
> how to tie a fly. I asked them if they wanted something simple or
> challenging, and they opted for the latter. It is a crayfish pattern of
> my own making. I was very pleased with how they did.
>
> Pete Collin

George
May 22nd, 2007, 05:36 AM
A great idea! My son and I watched the guy in the fly shop at the local Bass
Pro Shop tie a fly late one Sunday evening. I was impressed but the kid was
fascinated. After he finished he put the fly on a hemostat and "swam" it by
the glass on the trout tank and we saw severl strikes. That really impressed
him.
George in Las Vegas