PDA

View Full Version : Northern NJ Rainbow

Rich P
May 28th, 2007, 05:19 PM
So yesterday my wife and I decided to take the girls out to one of those
stocked "pay lakes" and let the pre-schoolers beat up on some panfish. We
get up there and rent a boat and in 3 hours on the lake we do nothing but
lose a few crawlers, frankly we only saw a few people catch anything, and
there were about 30 people fishing on the pond. Then, as soon as we decide
to pack it in, my wife hooks into this 7 pound rainbow trout. On this lake
you are not allowed to release trout or catfish, you have to keep them at a
cost of $5 per pound. So, at the end of the day we experienced the worst
case scenario for pay lake fishing. The kids and I skunked and the wife
nails a $35 expense on the way out the door. That's fishing for ya.

Rich P

John
May 29th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Three good looking girls and a huge fish! Your life can't get much better!
Congratulations and enjoy>
John

"Rich P" > wrote in message
. ..
> So yesterday my wife and I decided to take the girls out to one of those
> stocked "pay lakes" and let the pre-schoolers beat up on some panfish. We
> get up there and rent a boat and in 3 hours on the lake we do nothing but
> lose a few crawlers, frankly we only saw a few people catch anything, and
> there were about 30 people fishing on the pond. Then, as soon as we
> decide to pack it in, my wife hooks into this 7 pound rainbow trout. On
> this lake you are not allowed to release trout or catfish, you have to
> keep them at a cost of $5 per pound. So, at the end of the day we
> experienced the worst case scenario for pay lake fishing. The kids and I
> skunked and the wife nails a $35 expense on the way out the door. That's
> fishing for ya.
>
> Rich P

jeffc[_2_]
June 1st, 2007, 03:57 AM
"Rich P" > wrote in message
. ..
> So yesterday my wife and I decided to take the girls out to one of those
> stocked "pay lakes" and let the pre-schoolers beat up on some panfish. We
> get up there and rent a boat and in 3 hours on the lake we do nothing but
> lose a few crawlers, frankly we only saw a few people catch anything, and
> there were about 30 people fishing on the pond. Then, as soon as we
> decide to pack it in, my wife hooks into this 7 pound rainbow trout.

Nice catch. And I'm not talkin about the trout.