PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever fished Lake Tahoe?

John Phillips
January 28th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Well, I'm heading on my annual Tahoe ski trip and I
usually take a lay-day in the middle of the week
to rest my weary Florida ski legs. I'm thinking of
trying some Lake Trout jigging on a local charter
then doing cook you catch at a local restaurant:
http://www.tahoeangler.com/index.html

http://www.fishtahoe.com/our_boats.html

Problem is that I dont know of a good source of
info for selecting a good one (California Sportsman
Forum?).

Anybody know anything?

JP

Calif Bill
January 30th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Where are you skiing and staying? If at South Shore and skiing Heavenly,
there are a couple of boats available. If skiing Squaw Valley or the North
Tahoe area then out of Homewood area is good boat. Having a senior moment
for now. Try www.fishsniffer.com for some reports and possibly guides.
Mickey Daniel's Big Mack Charters out of Carnelian bay. Buddy used him and
like the trip.
http://www.tahoevacationguide.com/Activities/sportfishing.html will give
you the list of boats. You will be fishing deep for Macks this time of
year, well most of year. Never fished with First Strike Sportfishing, but
do like the guy from talking to him. I fish my own boat, so just talk to
the guides at times. Summer and Kokanee fishing is great, so just have to
make a couple of trips a year.
Bill

"John Phillips" > wrote in message
om...
> Well, I'm heading on my annual Tahoe ski trip and I
> usually take a lay-day in the middle of the week
> to rest my weary Florida ski legs. I'm thinking of
> trying some Lake Trout jigging on a local charter
> then doing cook you catch at a local restaurant:
> http://www.tahoeangler.com/index.html
>
> http://www.fishtahoe.com/our_boats.html
>
> Problem is that I dont know of a good source of
> info for selecting a good one (California Sportsman
> Forum?).
>
> Anybody know anything?
>
> JP

Sierra fisher
January 30th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Tahoe Sport Fishing is one of the best. Their phone number is
1-530-541-5448. The owner is John Shearer. They could probably advise you
where you could cook it. Most boats troll super deep with leadcore lines,
however John could probably do whatever you want to do.

Another alternative is to fish Pyramid Lake. They jig, and will cook the
fish on the boat. Call Les Moser at 1-775-852-3474. If you're into fly
fishing, he'll locate the fish and drop you off in a float tube

"John Phillips" > wrote in message
om...
> Well, I'm heading on my annual Tahoe ski trip and I
> usually take a lay-day in the middle of the week
> to rest my weary Florida ski legs. I'm thinking of
> trying some Lake Trout jigging on a local charter
> then doing cook you catch at a local restaurant:
> http://www.tahoeangler.com/index.html
>
> http://www.fishtahoe.com/our_boats.html
>
> Problem is that I dont know of a good source of
> info for selecting a good one (California Sportsman
> Forum?).
>
> Anybody know anything?
>
> JP

---