PDA

View Full Version : Announce: Salmon/Steelhead Flyswap!!

Scott Seidman
October 7th, 2003, 07:35 PM
All this globug talk has gotten me going, so I'm announcing a VERY small
flyswap (because I am inherently lazy).

RULES (selfishly chosen to serve my own fishing needs):
1) Deadline-- Nov 3
2) No globugs
3) Limited to TWELVE participants (myself included). Participants will tie
Twenty Four of the same fly--everyone gets two each. This number was
craftily thunk up to not exceed the contents on one twenty-five pack of
hooks.
4) No globugs
5) Wet flies only, size 8 or larger, suitable for steelhead, salmon, or
large migratory trout.
6) No globugs

We'll be using the Seth Green TU PO Box. Participants will receive this
address via email.

Current participants
1) Scott Seidman, tying a "Gary Glitter", which is my own Purple Peril
Variant using purple Lite Brite and a bright Pink wing.

Scott

Frank Reid
October 7th, 2003, 09:55 PM
> I'm in: I'll do globugs.

Man, ya beat me 2 it. I guess I'll do a variation on a glow bug. :-)

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Wolfgang
October 7th, 2003, 11:53 PM
"Frank Reid" <moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> wrote in message
> > I'm in: I'll do globugs.
>
> Man, ya beat me 2 it. I guess I'll do a variation on a glow bug. :-)
>
> --
> Frank Reid
> Reverse email to reply

I'm in for a salmon egg pattern.

Wolfgang

rakane at verizon dot net
October 8th, 2003, 01:33 AM
I'm in with a parasite pattern that infests eggs.

"Wolfgang" > wrote in message

> "Frank Reid" <moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf> wrote in message
> > > I'm in: I'll do globugs.
> >
> > Man, ya beat me 2 it. I guess I'll do a variation on a glow bug. :-)
> >
> > --
> > Frank Reid
> > Reverse email to reply
>
> I'm in for a salmon egg pattern.
>
> Wolfgang

Matt M.
October 8th, 2003, 02:14 AM
"Scott Seidman" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
| All this globug talk has gotten me going, so I'm announcing a VERY small
| flyswap (because I am inherently lazy).
|
| RULES (selfishly chosen to serve my own fishing needs):
| 1) Deadline-- Nov 3
| Current participants
| 1) Scott Seidman, tying a "Gary Glitter", which is my own Purple Peril
| Variant using purple Lite Brite and a bright Pink wing.
|
| Scott

Count me in with a Black Stone

McCray
never caught a steelhead or a Salmon, but thats all about to change...

Scott Seidman
October 23rd, 2003, 07:49 PM
"Matt M." > wrote in news:sxJgb.6867
:

> "Scott Seidman" > wrote in message
> . 1.4...
>| All this globug talk has gotten me going, so I'm announcing a VERY small
>| flyswap (because I am inherently lazy).
>|
>| RULES (selfishly chosen to serve my own fishing needs):
>| 1) Deadline-- Nov 3
>| Current participants
>| 1) Scott Seidman, tying a "Gary Glitter", which is my own Purple Peril
>| Variant using purple Lite Brite and a bright Pink wing.
>|
>| Scott
>|

> Count me in with a Black Stone
>
> McCray
> never caught a steelhead or a Salmon, but thats all about to change...

Matt-

We've had a decided lack of interest. I'm still up for swapping if you
are, but we need to decide how many to tie

Scott

Chas Wade
October 24th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Scott Seidman > wrote:
>...Announcement I missed...

I'm up for this, I'd tie a signal light sort of pattern that I like. I
can meet the deadline.
Is there still time to participate?

Chas
remove fly fish to reply
http://home.comcast.net/~chas.wade/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Tim Carter
October 24th, 2003, 01:30 PM
I must have missed this swap posting....I'm interested as well. I'd like to
try to tie some Rusty Rat's.

Scott, if you are still interested in having the swap, could you re-group
everyone interested and lay the rules out again? I see in another post Chas
Wade is interested in swapping, too.

"Scott Seidman" > wrote in message
. 1.4...
> "Matt M." > wrote in news:sxJgb.6867
> :
>

> > "Scott Seidman" > wrote in message
> > . 1.4...
> >| All this globug talk has gotten me going, so I'm announcing a VERY
small
> >| flyswap (because I am inherently lazy).
> >|
> >| RULES (selfishly chosen to serve my own fishing needs):
> >| 1) Deadline-- Nov 3
> >| Current participants
> >| 1) Scott Seidman, tying a "Gary Glitter", which is my own Purple Peril
> >| Variant using purple Lite Brite and a bright Pink wing.
> >|
> >| Scott
> >|

> > Count me in with a Black Stone
> >
> > McCray
> > never caught a steelhead or a Salmon, but thats all about to change...
> >

> Matt-
>
> We've had a decided lack of interest. I'm still up for swapping if you
> are, but we need to decide how many to tie
>
> Scott

Tim Carter
October 24th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Yikes, maybe not a Rusty Rat. I saw it in the Salmon/Steelhead portion of
my book. It appears that this fly is decidedly in the Salmon side of
things....

"Tim Carter" > wrote in message
> I must have missed this swap posting....I'm interested as well. I'd like
> try to tie some Rusty Rat's.
>
> Scott, if you are still interested in having the swap, could you re-group
> everyone interested and lay the rules out again? I see in another post
Chas
> Wade is interested in swapping, too.
>

> "Scott Seidman" > wrote in message
> . 1.4...
> > "Matt M." > wrote in news:sxJgb.6867
> > :
> >

> > > "Scott Seidman" > wrote in message
> > > . 1.4...
> small

Peril

> > > Count me in with a Black Stone
> > >
> > > McCray
> > > never caught a steelhead or a Salmon, but thats all about to change...
> > >

> > Matt-
> >
> > We've had a decided lack of interest. I'm still up for swapping if you
> > are, but we need to decide how many to tie
> >
> > Scott

Scott Seidman
October 24th, 2003, 01:46 PM
"Tim Carter" > wrote in
:

> I must have missed this swap posting....I'm interested as well. I'd
> like to try to tie some Rusty Rat's.
>
> Scott, if you are still interested in having the swap, could you
> re-group everyone interested and lay the rules out again? I see in
> another post Chas Wade is interested in swapping, too.

OK, here's the original. What with the rapidly upcoming deadline, let's
push it back to Nov 21.

All this globug talk has gotten me going, so I'm announcing a VERY small
flyswap (because I am inherently lazy).

RULES (selfishly chosen to serve my own fishing needs):
1) Deadline-- Nov 21 (NEW DEADLINE!!)
2) No globugs
3) Limited to TWELVE participants (myself included). Participants will
tie
Twenty Four of the same fly--everyone gets two each. This number was
craftily thunk up to not exceed the contents on one twenty-five pack of
hooks. If there are less than 12 participants, we'll tie up two (or
three, if less than 6 participants) for each participant. SLIGHT CHANGE
FROM ORIGINAL
4) No globugs
5) Wet flies only, size 8 or larger, suitable for steelhead, salmon, or
large migratory trout.
6) No globugs

We'll be using the Seth Green TU PO Box. Participants will receive this
address via email.

Current participants
1) Scott Seidman, tying a "Gary Glitter", which is my own Purple Peril
Variant using purple Lite Brite and a bright Pink wing. I might instead
tie a Skykmish Sunrise variation-- they're purdy.

2) Matt M (pending reconfirmation)--Black Stone

3) Chas Wade-- Signal Light

4) Tim Carter-- Rusty Rat or TBA

Scott

Shawn Armstrong
October 24th, 2003, 04:29 PM
I missed the opening bell too, but would be interested in a swap. I don't
know what I'm gonna tie...I'll get back to you later on that.

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:30:00 +0000, Tim Carter wrote:

> I must have missed this swap posting....I'm interested as well. I'd like to
> try to tie some Rusty Rat's.
>
> Scott, if you are still interested in having the swap, could you re-group
> everyone interested and lay the rules out again? I see in another post Chas
> Wade is interested in swapping, too.

Tim Carter
October 24th, 2003, 11:38 PM
I'm going to attempt to tie the Electric Candy Cane. I'll do different
colors too; though I must say, I'm thinking this is going to really test my
novice fly tying skills I think....

http://www.flyfishamerica.com/FlyTying/_AtlanticSalmon/ElectricCandyCane.htm