PDA

View Full Version : Midge Swap Update

Matt M.
October 8th, 2003, 12:48 AM
I drank a little too much beer last night to think about being organized, so
I'm posting this today. It looks like October 31 is the deadline and there's
6 or 7 people interested so far. Thats probably enough since we'll be tying
3 flies for each participant instead of one. For the mathematically
challenged, this means if 7 people are in, you'll tie 21 of the same pattern
so each person gets three of each pattern. Of course, you'd then get a set
of your own flies back but what the hell, we'll send the extras to those
starving kids in Maine. Give them a fish and they'll eat for a day, teach
them to midge fish and they'll die in frustration ;>)
If you're definitely in, e-mail me at mmccray at adelphia.net .
I'll keep everyone updated as we near the deadline and will announce who's
tying what as I find out. I'm tying a sz 28 cdc pattern that doesn't have a
name but it's designed to stay afloat and be easy to see. Or, maybe a really
small comparadun. Still haven't decided but they will definitely be 28's...
McCray

Matt M.
October 8th, 2003, 01:26 AM
"bruiser" > wrote in message

| "Matt M." > wrote
|
| >Still haven't decided but they will definitely be 28's...
| > McCray
| >

| OK, that's it, I'm tying 30s :-)

Nice, what pattern? :]

bruiser
October 8th, 2003, 02:13 AM
"Matt M." > wrote

>Still haven't decided but they will definitely be 28's...
> McCray

OK, that's it, I'm tying 30s :-)

bruce h

bruiser
October 15th, 2003, 06:05 AM
Is this gig still on or what?

There's plenty of other bugs I could be tying....

bruce h

Bill Mason
October 15th, 2003, 06:16 AM
"bruiser" > wrote in message

> Is this gig still on or what?

My bugs are ready to go. If Matt's schedule has gotten too busy I'd be more
than happy to receive and distribute the flies. There's not a whole lot on
my plate for the next couple of weeks, and I think the experience would be
fun. Just let me know...

Cheers,
Bill

Tim Carter
October 15th, 2003, 10:54 PM
I'm still in...just have a bit more tying to go....

"bruiser" > wrote in message
> Is this gig still on or what?
>
> There's plenty of other bugs I could be tying....
>
> bruce h

pw
October 16th, 2003, 10:38 PM
>I'm still in...just have a bit more tying to go....

I haven't gotten started. I've been shooting pheasants, or trying to,
in NE Montana the last few days and will be out of town next week on
business. I'll get them done. I will tie some during Yanks-Sox game 7
tonight. Then again, I should probably not be messing with sharp
instruments tonight.

Where do we send them to? And how many?

-pw

>"bruiser" > wrote in message
>> Is this gig still on or what?
>>
>> There's plenty of other bugs I could be tying....
>>
>> bruce h

-pw
livingston/emigrant,montana
please use "pw at williamsonenterprises dot com" for e-mail
thanks

Tim Carter
October 17th, 2003, 02:58 AM
"pw" > wrote in message
> >I'm still in...just have a bit more tying to go....
> >

> I haven't gotten started. I've been shooting pheasants, or trying to,
> in NE Montana the last few days and will be out of town next week on
> business. I'll get them done. I will tie some during Yanks-Sox game 7
> tonight. Then again, I should probably not be messing with sharp
> instruments tonight.
>
> Where do we send them to? And how many?

Not been much word on this yet. Damn, I'm hoping not many...these size 20's
are kicking my tail. I couldn't even imagine a 22 or 24...

> -pw
> >
> >"bruiser" > wrote in message
> >> Is this gig still on or what?
> >>
> >> There's plenty of other bugs I could be tying....
> >>
> >> bruce h
> >>

> -pw
> livingston/emigrant,montana
> please use "pw at williamsonenterprises dot com" for e-mail
> thanks

News==----
Newsgroups
=---

pw
October 17th, 2003, 04:15 AM

>"pw" > wrote in message
>> >I'm still in...just have a bit more tying to go....
>> >

>> I haven't gotten started. I've been shooting pheasants, or trying to,
>> in NE Montana the last few days and will be out of town next week on
>> business. I'll get them done. I will tie some during Yanks-Sox game 7
>> tonight. Then again, I should probably not be messing with sharp
>> instruments tonight.
>>
>> Where do we send them to? And how many?
>
>Not been much word on this yet. Damn, I'm hoping not many...these size 20's
>are kicking my tail. I couldn't even imagine a 22 or 24...

I've seen midges on lakes around here almost a size 12. I guess if I
tied a batch of those, they wouldn't be so useful :-)

-pw
livingston/emigrant,montana
please use "pw at williamsonenterprises dot com" for e-mail
thanks

Warren
October 23rd, 2003, 01:43 AM
wrote...
> I've seen midges on lakes around here almost a size 12. I guess if I
> tied a batch of those, they wouldn't be so useful :-)

A little large compared to the #26s I have been tying up for the San Juan
Clave. Been too busy trying to fill my SJ box to even think about another fly
swap......
--
Warren (swapless fly tier)
(use troutbum_mt (at) yahoo to reply via email)