PDA

View Full Version : World Series (sort of OT)

riverman
October 12th, 2003, 02:55 PM
I've been away. Whats happening?

--riverman

Stan Gula
October 12th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Cubs over Tampa 3-1 so far
Yankees over Red Sox 2-1

Highlight of last night's Sox/Yankees game was Pedro Martinez decking Don
Zimmer.
Cubs could wrap up the NL today, and Armageddon is slated to begin
Wednesday.

"riverman" > wrote in message
> I've been away. Whats happening?
>
> --riverman

riverman
October 12th, 2003, 03:11 PM
"Stan Gula" > wrote in message
> Cubs over Tampa 3-1 so far
> Yankees over Red Sox 2-1
>
> Highlight of last night's Sox/Yankees game was Pedro Martinez decking Don
> Zimmer.
> Cubs could wrap up the NL today, and Armageddon is slated to begin
> Wednesday.
>
> "riverman" > wrote in message
> > I've been away. Whats happening?

Jeezus...Sox vs Yankees one more time. I think we've been immersed in
Armageddon since they traded the Babe.

--riverman

Ken Fortenberry
October 12th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Stan Gula wrote:

> Cubs over Tampa 3-1 so far

Tampa is in the AL, the Cubs are up 3-1 in the NLCS over the Florida/Miami
Marlins.

> Yankees over Red Sox 2-1
>
> Highlight of last night's Sox/Yankees game was Pedro Martinez decking Don
> Zimmer.

Nah, Pedro didn't deck "The Gerbil", he just threw him down. Zimmer was
lucky, a 72 year old with two artificial knees trying to mix it up with
a professional athlete, what's the matter with him, does he have a metal
plate in his head ? ;-)

> Cubs could wrap up the NL today, and Armageddon is slated to begin
> Wednesday.

Zambrano has been lookin' hurt his last couple of starts, I don't have
a good feeling about this one today, but I feel better about the Cubs
keeping up their end of the Apocalypse World Series than I do about
the Bosox.

--
Ken Fortenberry

daytripper
October 12th, 2003, 06:05 PM
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:46:05 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
> wrote:

>Stan Gula wrote:
>
>> Cubs over Tampa 3-1 so far
>
>Tampa is in the AL, the Cubs are up 3-1 in the NLCS over the Florida/Miami
>Marlins.
>
>> Yankees over Red Sox 2-1
>>
>> Highlight of last night's Sox/Yankees game was Pedro Martinez decking Don
>> Zimmer.
>
>Nah, Pedro didn't deck "The Gerbil", he just threw him down. Zimmer was
>lucky, a 72 year old with two artificial knees trying to mix it up with
>a professional athlete, what's the matter with him, does he have a metal
>plate in his head ? ;-)
>
>> Cubs could wrap up the NL today, and Armageddon is slated to begin
>> Wednesday.
>
>Zambrano has been lookin' hurt his last couple of starts, I don't have
>a good feeling about this one today, but I feel better about the Cubs
>keeping up their end of the Apocalypse World Series than I do about
>the Bosox.

Well, that *would* be par for the Red Sox =8-O

I had the misfortune of being stuck in traffic near Yanqui Stadium for a good
part of game 2 on the way to a friend's place for the evening. Not a pretty
sight - and the game sucked, too :-(

For game 3 the Gods conspired to have me, again, incommunicado, this time at
the wedding and reception of a nephew on the spouse's side. Damn...

From all reports, apparently a baseball game broke out in the midst of Yet
Another Red Sox/Yanqui brawl. Whodathunkit?

So we're down, 1 to 2, and things are looking grim wrt who will be pitching
for the 'Sox tonite - Burkhead does not inspire much confidence. Could be 1 to
3 before the day is out, who knows?

But it's been raining all day and not expected to clear before late tonite.
Hopefully we get a rain-out today, give the Sox a day to remember why the hell
they're still playing in October, and go with Wakefield in the make-up game
tomorrow...

Meanwhile, my favorite football teams are both playing today - against each
other. I don't profess to understand *why* the AFC Pat's are playing the NFC
G'ints, but either way I win - and lose...

/daytripper (who has seen this Fenway movie before. often...)

Stan Gula
October 12th, 2003, 07:50 PM
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
. com...
> Stan Gula wrote:
>
> > Cubs over Tampa 3-1 so far
>
> Tampa is in the AL, the Cubs are up 3-1 in the NLCS over the Florida/Miami
> Marlins.

Acck. I knew that. Early morning brain fart.

> > Yankees over Red Sox 2-1
> >
> > Highlight of last night's Sox/Yankees game was Pedro Martinez decking
Don
> > Zimmer.
>
> Nah, Pedro didn't deck "The Gerbil", he just threw him down. Zimmer was
> lucky, a 72 year old with two artificial knees trying to mix it up with
> a professional athlete, what's the matter with him, does he have a metal
> plate in his head ? ;-)

I would call putting somebody on the ground 'decking' no matter how it was
accomplished. It was pretty funny watching Zip come out swinging like that.

Russell Durtschi
October 13th, 2003, 12:51 AM
daytripper wrote:

> So we're down, 1 to 2, and things are looking grim wrt who will be pitching
> for the 'Sox tonite - Burkhead does not inspire much confidence. Could be 1 to
> 3 before the day is out, who knows?

Agreed, and good news--the game has been postponed.

Russell
Who is fed up with bandwagonin' Yawnkees Fans.

One good thing about being a Red Sox fan--no one is going to accuse you
of jumping on the bandwagon.