PDA

View Full Version : First Trip to the Tulpelhocken!!!!!

Gene C
October 12th, 2003, 04:20 PM
I went to the Tuplehocken yesterday some of the members of the White
Clay Flyfishers. I got there about 7:30, just below the dam. Although
that's where the group was going to have the cookout, the water looked
too "obvious" so I drove back down the road about a 1/3 of a mile,
made a right and drove about 1/2 mile to the parking lot on the left.

I hiked down the trail an into the water and started casting a wooly
bugger into the riffles. Within 10 minutes I had a nice rainbow on but
lost him quickly. I worked my way down stream and hooked and netted a
nice fat bow. It was foggy so visibility was low. Since this was my
first time, I wadded carefully. I fished for about 200 yards down
stream and then started working back up. At 10 AM a BWO hatch started
and I caught one nice brown and one nice bow.

This was fantastic! Beautiful and hard fighting fish! I also
discovered that the creek is only 60 miles from where I live (about 90
minutes).

The Tuplehocken, what a gem!

Tom Littleton
October 12th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Gene writes:
>This was fantastic! Beautiful and hard fighting fish! I also
>discovered that the creek is only 60 miles from where I live (about 90
>minutes).

and(ahem!) only 6 miles(9 minutes) from where I live. Geez, you could've
called, especially for the cookout!<g>
Tom

Lat705
October 13th, 2003, 03:10 PM
That's Gene for you. I would have invited you if I went.

Lou T

Gene C
October 13th, 2003, 03:32 PM
(Tom Littleton) wrote in message >...
> Gene writes:
> >This was fantastic! Beautiful and hard fighting fish! I also
> >discovered that the creek is only 60 miles from where I live (about 90
> >minutes).
>
> and(ahem!) only 6 miles(9 minutes) from where I live. Geez, you could've
> called, especially for the cookout!<g>
> Tom

Tom, I sent you email last week asking if you wanted to join us.
Seriously, did you get my email? I think there may be something wrong
as I have sent you stuff before that I don't think you got.