PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Spey Clave

Peter Charles
October 12th, 2003, 08:29 PM
The clave is now history with over 75 attending and five guest casters
including Simon Gawesworth, the man behind Rio's spey lines, Steve
Choate, the 2002 Musto World Champion spey caster, Way Yin, the man
behind the SA XLT spey line and one of the top finishers at the Musto,
Andy Murray, Hardy's man of the spey, and the International Spey
Clave's Juro who looks after the new CND spey rods.

The weather was abysmal but all seemed to have a very good time. The
organization was flawless with thanks to Rick and Neil who ran it.

I have pictures up on the old www.easternclave.ca site if anyone cares
to have a look.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply
Eastern Spey Clave, October 4th and 5th, 2003
http://www.easternclave.ca

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

slenon
October 12th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Dogs trained to clean up the kitchen, Boy Ssouts, pipers, and fishing too?
Does the sound of pipes entice the salmon? And are the dogs there to
retrieve the ones that fall into the weeds? Looks like it was a blast.
Thanks for uploading the photos and making the rest of us jealous.

----
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar
Save a cow, eat a PETA

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/index.html/slhomepage92kword.htm

Tim J.
October 12th, 2003, 09:41 PM
"Peter Charles" > wrote in message
> The clave is now history with over 75 attending and five guest casters
> including Simon Gawesworth, the man behind Rio's spey lines, Steve
> Choate, the 2002 Musto World Champion spey caster, Way Yin, the man
> behind the SA XLT spey line and one of the top finishers at the Musto,
> Andy Murray, Hardy's man of the spey, and the International Spey
> Clave's Juro who looks after the new CND spey rods.
>
> The weather was abysmal but all seemed to have a very good time. The
> organization was flawless with thanks to Rick and Neil who ran it.
>
> I have pictures up on the old www.easternclave.ca site if anyone cares
> to have a look.

I especially enjoyed the bottle ceremony, complete with piper. When the weather
sucks, that can be one fine way to cheer up the crowd. :)
--
TL,
Tim

Peter Charles
October 13th, 2003, 01:22 AM
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:41:12 GMT, "Tim J."
> wrote:

>"Peter Charles" > wrote in message
>> The clave is now history with over 75 attending and five guest casters
>> including Simon Gawesworth, the man behind Rio's spey lines, Steve
>> Choate, the 2002 Musto World Champion spey caster, Way Yin, the man
>> behind the SA XLT spey line and one of the top finishers at the Musto,
>> Andy Murray, Hardy's man of the spey, and the International Spey
>> Clave's Juro who looks after the new CND spey rods.
>>
>> The weather was abysmal but all seemed to have a very good time. The
>> organization was flawless with thanks to Rick and Neil who ran it.
>>
>> I have pictures up on the old www.easternclave.ca site if anyone cares
>> to have a look.
>
>I especially enjoyed the bottle ceremony, complete with piper. When the weather
>sucks, that can be one fine way to cheer up the crowd. :)

Ya, and that's me with the bottle. :)))))

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharles/streamers/index.html

Mike
October 13th, 2003, 05:29 AM
How much river does 75 folks with 20 foot rods need to fish???? Nice report and
pics Petah........Only problem i can see is something i can't see FISH........I
figured with 75 folks with 20 foot rods at least one should have reached out
and touched one.......

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick

Peter Charles
October 13th, 2003, 09:31 PM
On 13 Oct 2003 04:29:27 GMT, (Mike) wrote:

>How much river does 75 folks with 20 foot rods need to fish???? Nice report and
>pics Petah........Only problem i can see is something i can't see FISH........I
>figured with 75 folks with 20 foot rods at least one should have reached out
>and touched one.......
>

> Handyman Mike
> Standing in a river waving a stick

Actually, most of the clave was spent playing with very expensive
sticks and watching the pros do their thing. Some people fished
before and after the demos but I don't know how they did. As part of
the organizing crew, my fishing was limited to half an hour.