PDA

View Full Version : K Creek NC

Bob Patton
October 14th, 2003, 01:00 AM
Last week a friend and I hiked up a trail through part of the Nantahala
National Forest. I took my 4-weight, just in case, you know. The stream is
an absolute jewel. I think that Wayno may be familiar with it. I put a few
pictures on the web, below.

Even ran across an old homestead all gone except for the apple trees, which
provided a snack. The apples were about the size of a quarter, in direct
proportion to the size of the fish in the creek.
Bob

http://webpages.charter.net/rwpatton/100903.htm

Tim J.
October 14th, 2003, 12:53 PM
"Bob Patton" wrote...
> Last week a friend and I hiked up a trail through part of the Nantahala
> National Forest. I took my 4-weight, just in case, you know. The stream is
> an absolute jewel.

Yes, it is! And, thank you from the bottom of my heart, for providing a new name
for tree snagging: "picking apples." It almost sounds like you did it on
purpose. :)
--
TL,
Tim

Wayne Harrison
October 14th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Bob Patton wrote in message ...
>Last week a friend and I hiked up a trail through part of the Nantahala
>National Forest. I took my 4-weight, just in case, you know. The stream is
>an absolute jewel. I think that Wayno may be familiar with it.

is that stream a trib of the nantahala?

yfitons
wayno

Bob Patton
October 15th, 2003, 12:35 AM
"Wayne Harrison" > wrote in message

> Bob Patton wrote in message ...
> >Last week a friend and I hiked up a trail through part of the Nantahala
> >National Forest. I took my 4-weight, just in case, you know. The stream
is
> >an absolute jewel. I think that Wayno may be familiar with it.
>
> is that stream a trib of the nantahala?
>
> yfitons
> wayno

Yessir. It is that.
Too bad the pix all included some handsome guy with a fly rod and not enough
images of the stream, because it is one of the prettiest streams in the
mountains.
Bob

Bob Patton
October 15th, 2003, 12:42 AM
"Tim J." > wrote in message

> "Bob Patton" wrote...
> > Last week a friend and I hiked up a trail through part of the Nantahala
> > National Forest. I took my 4-weight, just in case, you know. The stream
is
> > an absolute jewel.
>
> Yes, it is! And, thank you from the bottom of my heart, for providing a
new name
> for tree snagging: "picking apples." It almost sounds like you did it on
> purpose. :)
> --
> TL,
> Tim
> ------------------------
> http://css.sbcma.com/timj

You're welcome! I figger if I'm not catching fish I can catch apples.
There really is an apple tree there above my head. The apples are courtesy
of the Roosevelt administration, I guess. The tree must have been a mature
tree when the government made the farm part of the national forest before
world war 2
Bob
http://webpages.charter.net/rwpatton/100903.htm

Wayne Harrison
October 15th, 2003, 12:55 AM
"Bob Patton" <rwpmailatcharterdotnet> wrote in message

> "Wayne Harrison" > wrote in message
> >
> > Bob Patton wrote in message ...
> > >Last week a friend and I hiked up a trail through part of the Nantahala
> > >National Forest. I took my 4-weight, just in case, you know. The
stream
> is
> > >an absolute jewel. I think that Wayno may be familiar with it.
> >
> > is that stream a trib of the nantahala?
> >
> > yfitons
> > wayno
> >

> Yessir. It is that.
> Too bad the pix all included some handsome guy with a fly rod and not
enough
> images of the stream, because it is one of the prettiest streams in the
> mountains.
> Bob

email me. i think i know the name, but i don't think i have ever fished
it. it looks like b** t*** creek, but not as deep.

yfitons
wayno