PDA

View Full Version : OT My Nominee

Ken Fortenberry
October 15th, 2003, 03:12 PM
for best headline of the year appeared on the Sports section
of today's Chicago Tribune

The Mitt Hits The Fan

This morning the Cub fan's response to the total meltdown in the
8th (her response last night is unprintable, even on roff ;-),
"that's how you know they're still the Cubs".

--
Ken Fortenberry

Stan Gula
October 15th, 2003, 03:34 PM
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
.com...
> for best headline of the year appeared on the Sports section
> of today's Chicago Tribune
>
> The Mitt Hits The Fan
>
> This morning the Cub fan's response to the total meltdown in the
> 8th (her response last night is unprintable, even on roff ;-),
> "that's how you know they're still the Cubs".
>
> --
> Ken Fortenberry

I was sitting in a bar with some friends watching the Cubs game, and after
the top of the eight, we were all commenting on how the all the fans looked
so much like Red Sox fans... Like they just had their hearts ripped out.