PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse Averted!

Memphis Jim
October 15th, 2003, 03:56 PM
The four horsemen can put their steeds back in the stable, the abomination
of a Cubs-Red Socks series may have been averted!

Memphis Jim

Ken Fortenberry
October 15th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Memphis Jim wrote:

> The four horsemen can put their steeds back in the stable, the abomination
> of a Cubs-Red Socks series may have been averted!

Not so fast there, Jimmy boy. The Bosox just went up 4-1 in Game 6 and the
last time the Cubbies lost a Game 7 in the postseason was the year we nuked
Japan. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Memphis Jim
October 15th, 2003, 10:33 PM
"Ken Fortenberry" > wrote in message
.com...
> Memphis Jim wrote:
>
> > The four horsemen can put their steeds back in the stable, the
abomination
> > of a Cubs-Red Socks series may have been averted!
>
> Not so fast there, Jimmy boy. The Bosox just went up 4-1 in Game 6 and the
> last time the Cubbies lost a Game 7 in the postseason was the year we
nuked
> Japan. ;-)

Sez you. Keep in mind that it's game six, not game seven. Plus, with
regard to the Cubbies, if Dusty Baker has his team mentally prepared and
motivated tonight, HE will deserve the MVP award. Death is staring hard at
the Cubbies.

Memphis Jim

Memphis Jim
October 15th, 2003, 10:46 PM

> Sez you. Keep in mind that it's game six, not game seven. Plus, with
> regard to the Cubbies, if Dusty Baker has his team mentally prepared and
> motivated tonight, HE will deserve the MVP award. Death is staring hard
at
> the Cubbies.
>
> Memphis Jim

It's 5 p.m. and the Yankees are leading 5-4!

Memphis Jim

Mike
October 16th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Well its 11:40 the BOSOX won and the fish are swimming in the bubbly

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick

Memphis Jim
October 16th, 2003, 03:16 PM
"Mike" > wrote in message
> Well its 11:40 the BOSOX won and the fish are swimming in the bubbly

Don't you ever Sleep?

Memphis Jim

daytripper
October 16th, 2003, 11:09 PM
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:16:25 -0500, "Memphis Jim"
> wrote:

>"Mike" > wrote in message
>> Well its 11:40 the BOSOX won and the fish are swimming in the bubbly
>>

>Don't you ever Sleep?

Sleep is for wimps...

Memphis Jim
October 17th, 2003, 03:27 PM
"daytripper" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:16:25 -0500, "Memphis Jim"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Mike" > wrote in message
> >> Well its 11:40 the BOSOX won and the fish are swimming in the bubbly
> >>

> >Don't you ever Sleep?
>
> Sleep is for wimps...

It's Friday morning. When will you sleep again?

Memphis Jim

daytripper
October 17th, 2003, 11:16 PM
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:27:05 -0500, "Memphis Jim"
> wrote:

>"daytripper" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:16:25 -0500, "Memphis Jim"
>> > wrote:

>> >Don't you ever Sleep?
>>
>> Sleep is for wimps...
>
>It's Friday morning. When will you sleep again?

Somewhere around 3am Saturday.

/daytripper the perpetually exhausted (And thanks for asking ;-)