PDA

View Full Version : Re: 2004 Western Conclave

Charlie Choc
October 16th, 2003, 02:01 PM
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 05:27:01 GMT, daytripper
> wrote:

>And you almost landed it in the right group, too ;-)

Well, you could have cross posted your top posted reply to the right
group. <g>

--
Charlie...

daytripper
October 16th, 2003, 11:09 PM
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:01:57 -0400, Charlie Choc
> wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 05:27:01 GMT, daytripper
> wrote:
>
>>And you almost landed it in the right group, too ;-)
>
>Well, you could have cross posted your top posted reply to the right
>group. <g>

Sorry, I didn't sense a moral imperative wrt that...

/daytripper (still don't ;-)

Charlie Choc
October 16th, 2003, 11:26 PM
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:09:22 GMT, daytripper
> wrote:

>Sorry, I didn't sense a moral imperative wrt that...
>
>/daytripper (still don't ;-)

A moral imperative on Usenet? I don't guess I've ever sensed one of
those either - is it anything like steaming 40 ambience? <g>
--
Charlie...

Dave Martel
October 17th, 2003, 08:31 PM
I'll be flying in on the 8th and staying until the 8th of August--flying
into Bozeman and spending the week of the Western Clave on the Madison near
Three Dollar Bridge at Hart's. Is that anywhere near you guys? I'd love to
meet up and fish with you all for a few days.

Dave Martel
"Charlie Choc" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 05:27:01 GMT, daytripper
> > wrote:
>
> >And you almost landed it in the right group, too ;-)
>
> Well, you could have cross posted your top posted reply to the right
> group. <g>
> >
> >On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:09:47 -0600, Warren > wrote:
> >
> >>Okay guys, mark your calendars because July 10-17 (a Saturday through
Saturday
> >>affair with the Friday before and the Sunday after being optional) will
mark
> >>ROFF's return to the Madison for the 4th Western Conclave. The area I
am
> >>throwing this in is the Upper Madison since the crowds aren't as bad,
the
> >>scenery is better and it will keep everyone together in a small stretch.
There
> >>are two FS campground right across the road from a cabin rental place
about
> >>four miles upstream from the Slide Inn, which would be a good place to
rent a
> >>nice cabin or hook an RV up at.
> >>
> >>I'll add more info later after doing some more research on
accommodations. I
> >>can't remember the name of the place across from the campgrounds, but
the Slide
> >>Inn is a nicer spot IMO. The guy who owns it is a kick ass fisherman
and gives
> >>damn good advice out of his fly shop there at the Slide Inn. The cabins
look
> >>nicer and they have a large cabin that would be great for 3-5 guys to
rent
> >>together. I'll try to get up there in the next week or so to take some
pics of
> >>the rooms at both places, the campground, the area, etc.
> >>
> >>Areas to be fished range from what will be open in the Park (about a 20
minute
> >>drive) to the Upper Madison, Gallatin, Henry's Fork, Hegben Lake, etc.
It's
> >>pretty damn close to that nice brookie spot I took some of the people to
during
> >>the HF clave where we caught some big brookies. I know we will have at
least
> >>one boat for float trips. As I said, I'll post more in the next week or
so.

> --
> Charlie...

Jeff Miller
October 18th, 2003, 01:05 AM
well...somehow, this announcement of western 2004 failed to appear on my
computer until tonight...and then not until after i'd posted a sarcastic
note to you somewhere above. of course, i've just read a bit about the
box-cutter incidents on southwestern airlines, and i just finished a
trial involving a demented airline pilot...but, a year might allow me to
gather the courage to mount an airplane west again. lookin forward to
it... so, count me in. be sure to scout a few decent bars as well.
don't worry about the bowling alley, though.

jeff

Charlie Choc wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 05:27:01 GMT, daytripper
> > wrote:
>

>>And you almost landed it in the right group, too ;-)
>

> Well, you could have cross posted your top posted reply to the right
> group. <g>
>
>>On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:09:47 -0600, Warren > wrote:
>>

>>>Okay guys, mark your calendars because July 10-17 (a Saturday through Saturday
>>>affair with the Friday before and the Sunday after being optional) will mark
>>>ROFF's return to the Madison for the 4th Western Conclave. The area I am
>>>throwing this in is the Upper Madison since the crowds aren't as bad, the
>>>scenery is better and it will keep everyone together in a small stretch. There
>>>are two FS campground right across the road from a cabin rental place about
>>>four miles upstream from the Slide Inn, which would be a good place to rent a
>>>nice cabin or hook an RV up at.
>>>
>>>I'll add more info later after doing some more research on accommodations. I
>>>can't remember the name of the place across from the campgrounds, but the Slide
>>>Inn is a nicer spot IMO. The guy who owns it is a kick ass fisherman and gives
>>>damn good advice out of his fly shop there at the Slide Inn. The cabins look
>>>nicer and they have a large cabin that would be great for 3-5 guys to rent
>>>together. I'll try to get up there in the next week or so to take some pics of
>>>the rooms at both places, the campground, the area, etc.
>>>
>>>Areas to be fished range from what will be open in the Park (about a 20 minute
>>>drive) to the Upper Madison, Gallatin, Henry's Fork, Hegben Lake, etc. It's
>>>pretty damn close to that nice brookie spot I took some of the people to during
>>>the HF clave where we caught some big brookies. I know we will have at least
>>>one boat for float trips. As I said, I'll post more in the next week or so.

riverman
October 18th, 2003, 08:40 PM
"Jeff Miller" > wrote in message
> .... of course, i've just read a bit about the
> box-cutter incidents on southwestern airlines, and i just finished a
> trial involving a demented airline pilot...but, a year might allow me to
> gather the courage to mount an airplane west again. ....

Sheeeee-it. I'M not gonna be able to get to sleep tonight!

--riverman
(I wonder how hard it is to <swim> the atlantic next time I go home...?)

Ken Fortenberry
October 18th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Jeff Miller wrote:
> ...but, a year might allow me to
> gather the courage to mount an airplane ...

They say alcohol can diminish sexual inhibitions.

;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Jeff Miller
October 18th, 2003, 09:15 PM
<g>...

but, truth is, alcohol just makes me horny... or want to bowl <g>.

jeff

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

> Jeff Miller wrote:
>
>> ...but, a year might allow me to gather the courage to mount an
>> airplane ...
>

> They say alcohol can diminish sexual inhibitions.
>
> ;-)

walt winter
October 18th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Jeff Miller wrote:
> <g>...
>
> but, truth is, alcohol just makes me horny... or want to bowl <g>.
>
> jeff

uhh jeffie, gawdammit, uhhh... you didn't have them errr.... kind
of thoughts last week... did ya... as we were, well i was,
crawlin up steelies chasin tigers..... were ya?

kinda screws with the buzz, donchaknow

wally... feelin wieierd right now.... thank god fer 5 layer simms
gore-tex ;-)

Jeff Miller
October 18th, 2003, 10:21 PM
you did have that ten pin look, but i couldn't seem to locate a proper
rock. <g>

jeff (btw, there ain't enough alcohol in tenn. or ky.)

walt winter wrote:

> Jeff Miller wrote:
>
>> <g>...
>>
>> but, truth is, alcohol just makes me horny... or want to bowl <g>.
>>
>> jeff
>>

> uhh jeffie, gawdammit, uhhh... you didn't have them errr.... kind of
> thoughts last week... did ya... as we were, well i was, crawlin up
> steelies chasin tigers..... were ya?
>
> kinda screws with the buzz, donchaknow
>
> wally... feelin wieierd right now.... thank god fer 5 layer simms
> gore-tex ;-)

walt winter
October 19th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Jeff Miller wrote:
> you did have that ten pin look, but i couldn't seem to locate a proper
> rock. <g>

that woulda been ok, better than the alternative.

wally